Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 HoN Modifications

July 13, 2011, 04:25:08 pm
Read 6612 times

Offline Gozhell

• Guild Member

• tumblr blog
HoN Modifications
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »
I was a huge fan and modder when it came to WoW and it stuck with me to HoN. It wasn't until recently though that I went deep into HoN modding but I thought I'd give you all a hint of what you can do and what sort of mods that are available and which one of them that can improve your gameplay!

First off, some of the mods I'm going to mention might look like "omg cheat" but it's not. It's smart use of game-mechanics (makes it sound better at least). I'll start off with some simple User Interface Mods;

Range Indicators - exactly what it sounds like, this mod will create circles on the ground for spells such as Soulstealer's Demon Hands, Valkyrie's leap spot and many more. Tower range and REVEAL range is also included. Together with a ward reveal mod you will never again wonder "will this hit the target".
Range Indicator Link
Ward Reveal Link

MiniUI - with this you can easily customize your UI, make everything smaller (or bigger if you wish.... weirdo) and get rid of all the unnecessery UI at the bottom part of your screen.
MiniUI Link

Heropanels - this mod goes hand in hand with MiniUI making the hellbourne and legion team frames better looking and smooth zooming and details of each person as you hover abovet hem.
HeroPanels Link

Ninja - for when you've been on a losing spree and don't want to play anymore with Sint this is the perfect mod where you can simply click the ninja portrait once and you will turn on invisible mode without having to logout and log back in.
Ninja Link

xShop - you either like it or you don't. Or you sort of like it. It's the same shop but added the function to automatically buy your desired items when you get the money for it. It's also a bit smaller and I think you can modify it's size and godknowswhat.
xShop Link

Happy Cursors - this one swaps out your normal cursor for a brigher more solid cursor. It takes a couple of games to get used to it but it's way easier to find compared to the old one. (If you ever lost your cursor midfight or something this is the mod for you. I know I've lost track of mine several times.) ;)
Happy Cursor Link

Now onto the more exciting part, changing models, textures and the likes! Some of these are cool but I mostly use them because the modified textures are in such high quality compared to the original quality.

PogS Skins - this is a package for many heroes that are simply upped in quality and have some minor changes when it comes to colorization.
PogS Collection Link

AstraZak's Skins - the theme of this collection is snow. Not as many heroes available as in the PogS collection but these are damn good and also in very high quality. NPC's are also included in this one. The creator of these moved over to LoL modelling though, so if a model stops working don't try to look for updates.
AstraZak's Collection Link

Some of the more odd but wonderful one's would be the known Party-Time Zephyr, the Dark Swiftblade and the HD Overkilled Pebbles. Or my personal favorite, the Trollface Scout Mod. What this does is that it gives Scout a trollface everytime he goes invis and the occasional troll words will appear around him. Trollface Scout Linky.

If new hero skins wasn't enough how about a brand new map? This Snow Terrain / Moonlight Caldavar is one of my favorites specially as you can combine it with a palmtree version.
Snow Terrain // Moonlight Caldavar Linky
Palmtree Version Linky
There's also a YouTube video of the palmtree version found through this LINK.

If you're new to honmodding all the .honmods must be installed through the Hon Mod Manager and the .s2z files should go under C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of Newerth\game or wherever you installed your game. This post has a lot of basic information if you have any questions that you don't dare to ask in this thread.

You should also be aware not to have too many hero reskins enabled at the same time or your game will occasionally crash or just suffer severe spikes. With that in mind, happy modeling and please let me know if you're using any cool or nifty addons or reskins!

July 13, 2011, 08:05:11 pm
Reply #1

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

Re: HoN Modifications
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:05:11 pm »
The range indication is something that I wanted to see come across from lol, (though this is a slightly different form of it), but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the fact it's in hon as a mod, e.g. everyone doesn't have it, so it's a sizable advantage. The ward indication seems way too much though... unless it ONLY shows it for friendly wards, in which case that seems fine and good.

In theory I'd like to use a miniui... but last time I did, it always ended up being a pita whenever something didn't work as normal, or there was a hon update and it borkened itself.

To come back to range indications for spells, I really do hope they bring the lol implementation of this back - show the range as a circle around your character or a line graphic when you hover over the spell, or if it's a non-instant (which would rule out stuff like ra's meteor) button one when you first press the ability hotkey. I'm just a little unsure on having it in HoN. Although I suppose you could argue that it's an unfair handicap to newbs who need to fail in order to learn ranges properly.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:07:44 pm by Kawe »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:48:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 1 User
Rexa