Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Star Wars: The Old Republic release date announced!

November 30, 2011, 12:17:51 am
Reply #75

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic release date announced!
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2011, 12:17:51 am »
Ah EQ... now there was a fucking awesome MMO.

November 30, 2011, 12:23:00 am
Reply #76

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2011, 12:23:00 am »
I care not for pvp.

When I first came into wow, I never felt the need or ever wanted to read the quest about why I was doing it or what the ramifications were. In The Old Republic I enjoy it immensely.

Not including subscription fees I would even just buy this game to quest to 50 because of the experience.

November 30, 2011, 12:46:54 am
Reply #77

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2011, 12:46:54 am »
I played to level 16 as both Sith Marauder and Sith Inquisitor but didn't get around to testing PvP so can't comment on that.

Pros
- great class story lines, I found the Inquisitor one to be captivating and always had me wondering what happens next. Loved it.
- voice acting is just amazing, such a breath of fresh air.
- quests I found pretty enjoyable. Sure there is kill X amount of mob_type but it feels to me like a byproduct of your quest most of the time and is disguised as bonus objectives a lot of the time.
- group quests were great. I was playing with Steve most of the time which helped but I could always find someone nearby to invite to do these quests.
- lightsabers fuck yeah!

Cons
- most of the cons I've thought of and read are little things that can easily be fixed and tweaked. One thing was the Marauder did feel much weaker than the Inquisitor and didn't feel quite as 'epic' and maybe lacked that one signature move. I just hope that the developers listen to the player base and their criticisms and provide adequate fixes.
- no DX11 support atm and I don't know if they said this would be implemented in the future or not.

I don't know how well end game will be, I read that there is a fair amount to do at 50 currently. All level Flashpoints have a lvl 50 mode, there is 2 Operations(raids) and I think every world/planet has a raid World Boss.

If Bioware/LucasArts/EA continue putting money and effort into TOR then I see no reason why it wont be hugely successful, it already has a large amount of pre-orders.

I think I will probably be pre-Ordering and Steve seems pretty pumped to play it.

November 30, 2011, 09:25:30 am
Reply #78

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2011, 09:25:30 am »
- no DX11 support atm and I don't know if they said this would be implemented in the future or not.

For which effects would you like DX11 support?

December 02, 2011, 01:11:40 am
Reply #79

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2011, 01:11:40 am »
Another beta weekend starting Friday(final one before release). Didn't get an invite but Chris did so we'll be chopping and changing a bit, playing the rest of the classes we didn't get to.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:50:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 0 Users