Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Powergirlxxxxxxoxooxox - 85 Holydin

October 08, 2011, 06:23:28 pm
Reply #60

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

Re: Powergirlxxxxxxoxooxox - 85 Holydin
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2011, 06:23:28 pm »
Grats on getting forum access back Kage :)

October 08, 2011, 10:44:34 pm
Reply #61

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2011, 10:44:34 pm »
This actually begs the question, how do we deal with people who are part of the community and may or may not be part of other communities for other games?

I am part of an Icelandic sc2 team, should I be allowed to stay in IE?

Gozhell is or was playing in some dota clan, should he be allowed to stay in IE?

Obviously the answer to both these questions should be yes, but isn't it a little double standards to not allow the people who choose not to play wow with the community to remain part of the rest of the guild? We're on the boundaries here of being a wow guild and a gaming community.

Personally, I think kagemoth should re-apply or edit this application to be a community application. And we must be able to accommodate for valuable community members who may not have made the best decisions regarding their wow career.

But that opens up an entirely different can of worms, which is basically people no longer being forced into being loyal to the guild.

As for now, I think we should deal with it on case-to-case basis, and I see no reason Kagemoth shouldn't be allowed to be part of our forums, IRC, and TS. But he needs to shut the fuck up about anything related to raiding as to not step on the toes of our raiders.

So yeah, I approve of him having a community status, but no character of his can be part of the IE wow guild while he's raiding with another guild.
Trolls are awesome!

October 08, 2011, 10:47:28 pm
Reply #62

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2011, 10:47:28 pm »
The issue has never been playing other games in some other community (I'm sure many people in IE do.)  The issue is, as far as I'm aware anyway, that he's playing a game in another community and wants to join ours for the same game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:49:22 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 08, 2011, 11:14:32 pm
Reply #63

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »
For me, it more boils down to what we're competitive at. If we had some pro L4D team, I wouldn't want IE members playing with other L4D teams.

The WoW loyalty thing definitely stems back from when we were at the top of our raiding game (as far as I'm concerned) -- kind of connected to the whole hatred connected with migraters who discover that raiding with other guilds isn't as fun as IE, and then beg to come back.

I also don't like the idea that some people put more effort into the guild, while others just come to IE when they want an 'IE fix.'

It's a tough one. I don't really have a works-all-the-time solution. I will probably just stick to hand-approving such things.
Now I run a tech website.

October 09, 2011, 01:05:34 pm
Reply #64

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2011, 01:05:34 pm »
I was listed as a sponsor, so I'll just support Kage by saying that I like him a lot. It made me sad that he abandoned you guys at the raid team just because he wanted to join a better guild, but I agree that he should be able to stay with the community and not the guild.

I'm happy to see you "return" kage :D
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:31:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

45 Guests, 0 Users