Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Gillyn, belf Pally

October 14, 2011, 10:46:29 pm
Read 8028 times

Offline Gillyn

• Vendor Trash

Gillyn, belf Pally
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:46:29 pm »
Heya,
   the guild I've been playing in on Agamaggan (The Unforgiven) has gone into hibernation and, wishing to spend some time online with friends, I thought it'd be nice to play on the same server as Mookie - I believe his main in your guild is called Xris.

I have level 85 enhance/resto shammy, blood/frost DK, aff lock, combat rogue as well as a host of other toons over level 40. I've raided the tier one raids and had a little go in firelands but I'm really after a social invite tbh.

Anyway, any questions very welcome. I hope you will approve this request.

J.

October 14, 2011, 10:47:04 pm
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Gillyn, belf Pally
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:47:04 pm »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 14, 2011, 11:01:54 pm
Reply #2

Offline Gillyn

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 11:01:54 pm »
Heya,
   my name is Jim, I'm a 36yo currently working in Research at the University of Bath. The single reason I'd like to join Iron Edge is that my friend Xris plays with you, and hence I'm making a social application (friends and family).

I startd gaming a LONG time ago, back in the days of the BBC micro. In more recent times I startd MMO's with Asheron's Call and played that for a few years before trying AC2, then going back to AC pretty sharpish. I've been playing WoW since the middle of the Burning Crusade. I had 4 level 70s back then running Karazhan and the Black Temple. When Wrath came along I levelled 7 toons up to 80 and did Naxx, Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel. My main, Gillyn a Tauren enhance shammy, owned fat boy in 10-man with a core raiding group in our guild The Unforgiven.

I created a parallel Alliance guild on the same server for Cataclysm (The Forgiven) of which I am still the GM. In the last six months I was promoted to officer in TU and then last week was made the GM - last man standing really.

I've known Xris for a while. He came to TU via Nightguild and a mutual friend of ours Isah. When I organised a real life meet up last year he came along and we got on very well.

I currently play LoTRO more than anything else in a guild called Thorin's Shield on Snowbourne EU, but also have SW:TOR pre-ordered and TU will ride again - we have a pre-registered guild set up.

As I stated above, I'm after a home to play wow with some company and people I'd like to get to know. Xris has said that you bunch are fun to be with and right now in wow, that's what I'm after.

Happy to use vent/mumble as needed. Familiar with running raids and PVP (although I don't plan on raiding anytime soon because I have a young 9-month old son we're trying to get to sleep all the time), happy to help out the guild where I can.

Gillyn is going to be a belf Pally. I'll level her up ret with a tanking offspec. Probably going to go Mining/Herbalism so I can get some money on the server and if its going well knock up an alt to get some professions going.

All the Best,
Jim.

October 14, 2011, 11:03:11 pm
Reply #3

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 11:03:11 pm »
Much better.  Gl! :)
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 14, 2011, 11:59:42 pm
Reply #4

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:59:42 pm »
I work with Xris, gl with your app ;)

October 15, 2011, 04:26:13 am
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 04:26:13 am »
I don't think I've ever seen someone called Xris on the forum... but I look forward to his seal of approval! (People have a tendency to only post on the forum when they are required to...)

Good app :)
Now I run a tech website.

October 15, 2011, 07:21:30 am
Reply #6

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 07:21:30 am »
Xris has recently passed his trial and is still new to the guild. But he has made a really mature and good impression and he is a good raider. He is however on vacation so he might have a hard time commenting this.

Well written application (2nd part :)), good luck!

October 15, 2011, 03:29:41 pm
Reply #7

Offline Xr

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 03:29:41 pm »
sorry, i would of replied sooner only got back today and for some reason when i try to log in from anything but my desktop the forum doesnt like my username.

yep been a mate with jim for quite a while, ive known him pretty much since i 1st went to the aggamagan server, good guy, just if someone called isax or some reference to that applies dont let him in :D

October 15, 2011, 04:18:33 pm
Reply #8

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 04:18:33 pm »
I think we need more fathers in the guild -- to keep the kids in line, and to keep the other older guys company :)

Poke an officer for an invite.
Now I run a tech website.

October 15, 2011, 05:26:27 pm
Reply #9

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 05:26:27 pm »
B-raid is where all the fathers, married people and other old farts hold hand :)

October 15, 2011, 06:02:53 pm
Reply #10

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 06:02:53 pm »
Its nice to have more people that can make me feel young :)

Bears like alts!

October 16, 2011, 09:19:28 pm
Reply #11

Offline Gillyn

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 09:19:28 pm »
I think we need more fathers in the guild -- to keep the kids in line, and to keep the other older guys company :)

Poke an officer for an invite.

Thanks very much. Will do ;-)

J.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:19:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

39 Guests, 0 Users