Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Yoda's HoN top 5 protips

October 31, 2011, 02:11:44 pm
Read 11472 times

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

Yoda's HoN top 5 protips
« on: October 31, 2011, 02:11:44 pm »
Saw this plastered on Yoda's HoN-stream, figured I'd dump it here :D

Up for discussion whether or not these tips adapt to a non-pro skill level, but I'd say they seem pretty reasonable!

1. Ward the rune at 0:01, don't wait for 2 minutes. You don't know where you'll be and you don't want to miss lane exp just to put the ward (and you also don't want to forget).
2. NEVER blindly follow the guides written by S2's design team, they are in general VERY BAD and outdated.
3. And especially, DO NOT buy blood chalice first item on support.
4. Mid is not responsible for your lane. If you leave mid to gank before you're ready (at about 8 min+) then you automatically lose mid.
5. After 4 min mark, lane wards are much more important than river wards.

October 31, 2011, 03:48:52 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

Re: Yoda's HoN top 5 protips
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »
Lane ward? Where plant
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 31, 2011, 04:26:09 pm
Reply #2

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »
I would guess places that gives you better view in your lane? For instance, if I were bot as hellborne, I'd place a lane at their creep pull spot and up by the river, then you'll see the entire first part of the forest next to your lane, river for ganks and keep them from pulling creeps

October 31, 2011, 10:06:26 pm
Reply #3

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 10:06:26 pm »
Lane ward? Where plant

this is how i would do if i were warding for my team in a situation of the need of lanewards.
The needs for lane wards starts when your carry is solo farming a lane without supports being nearby, there for he is very vulnerable to ganks, and needs protection by the form of vision, so he could get the hell out of there if he is in danger.

Redstars: You are on Hellbourne
Yellowstars: You are on Legion

Shortlane as Hellbourne:
The HB ward near the Legion Tier 1 tower is granting your carry vision for incoming ganks via the long end of the river and Teleports.
The ward on the rune (placed on the middle ledge) grants not only vision of the rune spot but also covers the ramp on the long way through the HB jungle.

Longlane Hellbourne:
The ward behind the Legion tower grants vision for Teleports and bypass ganks around the small tree line.
The other ward at the usual spot not only covers the rune but aswell covers the middle access way into the Legion jungle preventing some midganks going the long way towards bottomlane.

Shortlane Legion:
The ward at the HB tier 1 tower is the same as for HB side.
The ward on the bottom runespot is just behind 2 trees on the new map version, if placed correctly it gives alot of vision and is hard to counterward. Still provides rune vision and covers most hellbourne access ways to the legion jungle.

Longlane Legion:
The ward behind the tower is the same as for Hb long lane.
The ward on the top runespot is not only blocking the close creepcamp, but also grants vision on the path inside the actual jungle while still covering the river vision.

Incase of tier 1 towers down, ive placed the additional/typical aggressive wards in aswell :)

/ET
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

November 01, 2011, 09:33:34 am
Reply #4

Offline Gozhell

• Guild Member

• tumblr blog
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 09:33:34 am »
I can't agree with the blood chalice... Getting the int+str item and combine it with scarab asap as first item is really effective on most supports to be able to roam gank more effectively. I can't count the times that the extra temporary mana boost has either saved the laning partner or given us a kill, which makes it totally worth it.

November 01, 2011, 01:23:34 pm
Reply #5

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 01:23:34 pm »
The ward thing is a good point I think. Placing it at 2 min is always super awkward as you miss exp and your partner in the lane gets left to fend for himself for quite some time. Back to instawarding for me :P

I agree with Gozhell that it Blood Chalice on support sometimes makes a huge difference, but it also depends on your lane a lot.

As for guides, when you don't have the time to get into how to play every hero super well, you need more than just a stack of item suggestions with no text, which is why I mainly use the default guides most of the time. That said, I sure as hell wouldn't mind recommendations on good guides that aren't the Nome ones for various supporty heroes.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

November 01, 2011, 07:11:48 pm
Reply #6

Offline Thecurse

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 07:11:48 pm »
that blood chalice hmm I agree and disagree on it, wish he would say why u should never go for it.

November 01, 2011, 08:55:50 pm
Reply #7

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 08:55:50 pm »

As for guides, when you don't have the time to get into how to play every hero super well, you need more than just a stack of item suggestions with no text, which is why I mainly use the default guides most of the time. That said, I sure as hell wouldn't mind recommendations on good guides that aren't the Nome ones for various supporty heroes.
i just tend to find one where the skills they level are the same as how would level them and just have it on auto level

as for items well... some of them are good not all of them
i mean look at the swiftbade guide and the NO SHIELDBREAKER im sure tyler can tell you more about that though
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

November 01, 2011, 09:00:32 pm
Reply #8

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 09:00:32 pm »
i just tend to find one where the skills they level are the same as how would level them and just have it on auto level

as for items well... some of them are good not all of them
i mean look at the swiftbade guide and the NO SHIELDBREAKER im sure tyler can tell you more about that though

That's the thing actually, most changes to the support type heroes that I typically play are pretty minor over time (as wards don't change, weee), so I guess the guide thing applies more to carries than support.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:08:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

52 Guests, 1 User
Oni