Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

July 25, 2012, 10:06:13 pm
Read 6948 times

Offline Grishnag

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
« on: July 25, 2012, 10:06:13 pm »

Again stolen from Tv-tropes because im lazy and i would by rambling incoherently anyway:
In the far future, humanity abandoned the devastated Earth and moved to the upper world of Tenjo. After war broke out, Tenjo and the laws of causation collapsed. Humanity was forced to return to the Earth, which had become uninhabitable except for an area called the Divine States. The Divine States were too small to accommodate all of humanity, so they duplicated the area and created a parallel world called the Harmonic Divine States. In order to once more reach Tenjo and rebuild the laws of causation, the Testament Union began attempting to rebuild history starting from 10,000 B.C. When the reproduction proceeded to 1413 A.D., a war broke out in the Divine States, and the Harmonic Divine States fell back onto the original world.

In the end, the humans living in the Harmonic Divine States lost their land and invaded the Divine States, which they renamed the Far East. The people of the Far East surrendered and the land was divided by the invaders. They tried to resume the reproduction of history, but the update of history was stopped in 1648 A.D., and the rumor rose of an impending apocalypse. Meanwhile on the floating city Musashi, students and their instructors prepare for war; a war that will determine the fate of the world...

Right well i figured i should actually post about this anime that fell in love with a few seasons ago the second is currently airing and its really good
now this anime isn't like most anime that i watched as it has a massive ammount of source material

look at that shit its the right side btw the left is Owari no Chronicle (another finished series by the same author i think) like they are only on the second book this season

So it could come off as a bit complex when you watch the first episode you really should atleast watch it to ep 5 since the first 4 episodes are a lot of world building, background info and character introduction (it has a huge cast)
SO i will give a few links with some background info that you can read through if you want to make the show more enjoyable, it doesnt help that sunrise uses a lot of "show not tell" in a show this complex might make it seem like a clusterfuck of shit

anyway the links:
the background and premise:http://randomc.net/2012/06/30/kyoukai-senjou-no-horizon-retrospective-part-1-the-premise-the-world-episodes-01-06/
questions and shit about the episodes:http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/
and the wiki:http://genesis-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/Kyoukai_Senjou_no_Horizon_Wiki

oh and here is a nice battle between a maid and a God of War:
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

July 26, 2012, 06:04:54 pm
Reply #1

Offline Grishnag

Re: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 06:04:54 pm »
also i forgot to mention that besides it having an awesome setting (in my mind) it has a great cast of characters awesome VA's (many of my favorites have a role small or large) great animation and its just allround fun

Oh yeah i also have some fan art of probably my favorite character in the show voice by one of my favorite female voice actors named Kobayash Yuu incase people are familiar with her.
incase you arent here is a link to some... well some call it art im not sure what i should call it but not art thats for sure
http://kotaku.com/5704052/the-wonderful-horrible-world-of-yuu-kobayashi
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:23:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

37 Guests, 0 Users