Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Ohgodvanish

May 22, 2016, 03:00:38 am
Read 3480 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Ohgodvanish
« on: May 22, 2016, 03:00:38 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Ohgodvanish
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Ohgodvanish/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Name: Bruno
Work: I work as a Software Engineer
Friendly dude, married, 1 kid
Very dedicated and always trying to improve at what I do

Class/Spec:

My favourite spec is Assassination but unfortunately it is the least performing spec atm so I play as Sub in single target fights or fights where burst is needed and Combat where AoE/Cleaving is needed

742 Sub
743 Combat

Yes I can =)

I go for agility (obviously) and then give preference to Multistrike and Mastery for both specs.
It is theorycrafted that haste performs better in combat but that only applies for single target and, since it is an AoE spec, Multistrike is still king for that on Combat

Alts:

Especial - 100 Hunter
Beruzebabu - 100 Mage
Fakmylife - 100 Druid
Somanynames - 90 Warrior
Hooleeshet - 100 Paladin
Whysoscared - 91 Warlock

Professions:

Mining and Jewelcrafting.

Mining is to get the mats for Jewelcrafting and Jewelcrafting used to have a gem only for those with that profession that was a big improvement on stats. It is no longer true but it is still useful and can bring decent profits once in a while.
Nothing special unfortunately =(

Raiding Experience:

I have 13/13 HFC M experience, on Vanilla WoW I was playing very competitively (WipeClub and Panacea) and done all bosses up to Kel'Thuzad when the Naxx 40 came along.
I was until recently playing in Bloodlore on Kazzak but left the guild as I did not identify much with some of the things that were happening, feel free to ask me about that and I will elaborate on it
In the meantime I played with friends and was always a damage dealer

Previous Guilds:

Bloodlore - Members stopped playing focused after downing Arch M, wiping multiple times in farm bosses, leaders did not have a "hand" on the players and were not able to get ppl to do what it was supposed and were kind of bad mannered sometimes to ppl

Availability:

I work between 10 ST and 18ST, maybe once or twice per month I have to do a late evening shift.
Holidays in the last 2 weeks of July and first of August so far

Communication:

I have to, leaving in the UK =D
Yes to both

Computer / Connection:

I have a very good computer and no issues with FPS at all. Connection is stable and normally have 30/40 ms, no DCs so far (except 1 day where there were problems in the area I live)

Addons/UI:

Addons:

ElvUI - nice UI
Angry Assignments - to see what is assigned to ppl
BiS - was required on prev guild
Exorsus Raid Tools - has some nice tools for boss mechanics
NeedToKnow - Keep track of my cds and uptime on abilities
WeakAuras 2 - Keep track of cds and to know when I am "standing in shit"
DBM - To keep track of boss abilities and cds
Skada - To see my dps and raid dps

Other Games:

The Division, Hearthstone, MtG

Why Iron Edge?

It is a guild with good progress and the raid times suit my schedule. You also give the idea of being a guild with a good player base given the progress so far with a schedule that is not hardcore, that seems to go with my mentality of focusing when it is raid time and giving it your all during that time.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Commitment, a player that is always trying to improve and be the best it can, a friendly guy that is funny sometimes as well =D
Also a mature attitude, good dps and hopefully a new friend for some ppl

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wow progress

Last Words?

Thanks for the time on reading my application, any more info or questions feel free to add me ingame:
eSpeciaL#2450

May 22, 2016, 05:56:22 pm
Reply #1

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Ohgodvanish
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 05:56:22 pm »
Hey Ohgodvanish,

clear and concise app, good experience, I like it. Before I start asking nosey questions, a little disclaimer. We only have a few raid nights this expansion left, so this is basically an application for legion. So I'm afraid there's no opportunity for you to get your mythic tier shoulders until then.  :D
Let's go over some parts!

My favourite spec is Assassination
This is where the standard "something technical" question would come in. Seeing as it is the end of the expansion, I'll do something different: What do you think about the announced rogue changes? Are you definitely staying rogue?

I was until recently playing in Bloodlore on Kazzak but left the guild as I did not identify much with some of the things that were happening, feel free to ask me about that and I will elaborate on it
[...]
(leaders) were kind of bad mannered sometimes to ppl
Define bad mannered. There are frustrating situations during the raids, especially when progressing, and the raiders do vent their frustration (at other people sometimes), but that is not something I consider genuinely "bad mannered". What about you?

maybe once or twice per month I have to do a late evening shift
How likely is it to/How much will it affect your raid attendance?

I have to, leaving in the UK =D
Not sure if that's intentional or sweet irony!

MtG
Which format, which deck? Choose wisely, I will judge you for the wrong answer.  :)

Apart from those minor things, it'd be great if you could post a recent, in-combat screenshot of your UI. Just to get an idea.
My last question would be, seeing as we have another current rogue applicant, what makes you stand out? What is the edge you have on him?

Looking forward to great answers!

May 22, 2016, 11:47:10 pm
Reply #2

Offline ohgodvanish

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 11:47:10 pm »
Hi mate,

In Legion I am looking forward to play Demon Hunter as it is also a melee spec and it was always a class I said I would play if it ever came to WoW, which it will. I assume it will be an easy transition from Rogue to Demon Hunter but I can understand if you already have to many people wanting to move over to Demon Hunter.

If I end up not enjoying the class, then yes, I will be playing rogue.

Really dislike the idea of Pirate Rogue but can't say for sure until I try it, trying to get my hand on some sweet Beta keys to have the opportunity to know for sure if Demon Hunter is the class for me or if I will stay as Rogue.

Like the fact that Rogue seems that it will have it's own unique aspect for each spec, like Sub being the  "Stealth Mastah" and Assassination being the "Poison Mastah" and both are really appealing to me but, as ever, if I stay with rogue I will play the spec that gives out the most to the raid.

Bad Mannered as in pointing out ppl mistakes while making fun of them and making them look like clowns to the whole raid, there are ways of telling ppl how to step up their game that don't involve making clowns out of them. I played in WipeClub where the dude kept showing "more dots, fuc* this, fuc* that, fuc*ing noobs" and everyone knew that he was just venting out and trying to get ppl to do their jobs, while in Bloodlore they state to ppl directly "you are a noob", "jesus, how bad can you be?" while everyone else is the raid is listening and I don't really agree to that.

It is really random and most of the time I can pick up the shift accordingly so it does not affect raid times but, sometimes it is out of my hands (maybe once per month I will need to fail a raid or so)

Nah, just sweet irony! lol Was thinking on saying "Left Portugal to come into the UK" and just messed up haha

Standard, G/W tokens atm =P (dude, I am a dps, I love dealing damageeeeee, and aalllll those tokens, what's not to love?! =D)

Here is my in-combat ss: http://prntscr.com/b77fya

I have experience and deep knowledge of my class, always trying to get an edge wherever I can to do better and perform better. Quick learner, I take my time to know the fights and know what I am supposed to do, very analytical mind that makes me sometimes come up with good ideas to try and pass any stuff we come up against.
I am from the time where 40 ppl had to be on time, with consumables and actually dig a lot over the internet to find good sources on how to deal damage with your class and what to do when time to kill the boss comes.

May 23, 2016, 04:58:55 pm
Reply #3

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:58:55 pm »
Standard, G/W tokens atm =P (dude, I am a dps, I love dealing damageeeeee, and aalllll those tokens, what's not to love?! =D)
I think that was the worst possible answer you could have given.  :'(

UI looks good and the impression you gave has convinced me. I'd love to give you a trial in legion. Until then, feel free to join as a social. You can poke me or an officer ingame for an invite!

May 23, 2016, 05:27:26 pm
Reply #4

Offline ohgodvanish

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 05:27:26 pm »
I think you would say that to any deck choice I picked  :D

Thanks a lot mate, I tried whispering some ppl that are on but no luck so far, please add my BattleNet tag: eSpeciaL#2450

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:25:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

47 Guests, 0 Users