Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Edgefest 2017: Prague!

June 23, 2017, 03:31:59 pm
Read 41939 times

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Edgefest 2017: Prague!
« on: June 23, 2017, 03:31:59 pm »
Edgefest 2017: Prague

It's kind of hard to believe but after a fairly short period of planning time the Prague Meet Up came together and it finally happened. The anticipated bunch of 17 people eventually ended up being cut down to 14 proud Iron Edgers from all different "raiding generations" to come hang out and drink beer. I, as usual, have a few highlights of the event I want to share for those of you who weren't there:
  • Prague, being one of the very few European cities that hasn't been bombed last century, was absolutely beautiful.
  • I'm sure everyone was told just as much as I was before going there that you should take a look around and do some sightseeing, and I'm very glad we did.
  • Prague nightlife, however, was not a very big thing as I would have expected. Many terraces and regular pubs closed around midnight, which was an interesting experience in and of itself, considering many of us had never seen that before in a city of that size.
  • Speaking of "city of that size", the city center of Prague was relatively small and everything was within walking distance, which was fantastic.
  • The beers in Prague were about as cheap as we expected, at all the places we'd been to, half a litre of beer would cost you about 29 Czech Crowns
  • We finally got a chance to meet some of the more elusive members of IE such as Steve and Munjica, and as expected they were both wonderful to meet.
  • I'm going to have Vietnam flashbacks every time I smell the disgusting toilet-cleaner smelling Congo Cream again.
  • I've never shied away from hugging a fellow Iron Edger, but with the Scottish I might settle for a handshake from now on. Sorry Tutan!
  • Shiftey was a great tour guide, photographer and translator for medical staff.
  • Unfortunately we had a few people flake out at the last minute, but we got very fortunate that Munjica's sister and her boyfriend needed a place to stay. We were able to give them an entirely separate apartment unit for them to stay in.
  • Hugman survived the weekend without having a heart attack, at least I think.

Thanks to everyone for coming to yet another very special and successful EdgeFest. I'm already looking forward to whatever we decide to do in 2018. You can find all the pictures of the weekend in this post.

Thank you all and see you next year!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:10:47 am by Gaeios(Graxlos) »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:02:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 0 Users