Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Goatfelicia

June 24, 2017, 04:06:49 am
Read 3687 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Goatfelicia
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:06:49 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Goatfelicia
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Goatfelicia/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Greeting,
I'm Semir, 20 years old, born in Bosnia & Hercegovina but moved to the Netherlands when I was around 5 years old. Currently studying Human Resource Management in college.
After playing fighting games (Street fighter, guilty gear etc.) and MMORPGS (Flyff, Runescape, Zu, Mu and WoW private servers) for several years I finally got a job and had the money to pay monthly for WoW retail and monthly sub fee. After losing my account in Pandaria, I had to rebuy the game in WoD and here we are now.
First class I ever played was a Ret paladin in 4.2 Firelands Cataclysm. That's when I tried serious PvE, but the private servers were so buggy that it was basically impossible. Ever since then I played PVP only getting up to 2k in Cata and Pandaland. WoD was a clownfiesta, that expansion made me reconsider life and everything within (PVP was so slow in comparison to MoP). Cleared heroic ToT with a friend only guild. Quit when SoO came out. Came back with a new account in WoD. Sadly never tried to PvE eventhough I heard very good things about the raids in WoD.
I've been a console gamer since I was a child. Just recently made the switch to PC gaming mainly because of the sick PC I built.

Class/Spec:

I am playing Elemental shaman since the launch of legion. Used to play Enhancement (turbo cleave 3's) for PVP in earlier expansions. Currently equipped ilvl 904 with a 3 piece set of ToS (normal), 908 ilvl total.
My enhancement is 900 ilvl.

Gear: Intellect > Mastery till softcap (78%) > Crit strike > versatility then haste.

Rotation: Cast flame shock on the target for the 100% crit chance on lava burst.
After flame shock I would cast Elemental Blast if it's off cooldown for the boost it gives and the proc of my EotN % boost.
Lava burst is casted when available (especially in ascendence)
When maelstrom bar is full I cast Earth Shock.
Stormkeeper helps with using the buff you get for Lightning bolt (Which if filler in this spec)

What differs in AoE situations: Chain Lightning replaces LB for obvious reasoning. When round 50 maelstrom cast earthquake. Aside from that everything up until Lava Burst is the same.

Alts:

No relevant specs as of now. I plan on leveling either a warlock or druid.

Professions:

I have Herbalism and Inscription on my Shaman. Some cool cosmetic glyphs but that's about it

Raiding Experience:

I've never been a hardcore raider. Cleared ToT HC with a friend only guild. Played a Ret paladin on private servers and Retail. Aside from that I don't have noticable PvE experience, mainly because of not being able to clear raids thanks to bugs in the private servers i played in.

Previous Guilds:

Guild disbanded around SoO, same time I took a break of the game and lost my 1st account.

Availability:

Basically every day except weekends. I work 8 hour shifts in the weekend + have a busy schedule with school. Around 8 pm till 1 am ideally

Communication:

I can speak, write and understand 3 languages: English, Dutch and Bosnian/Serbian. I have TS and a working Mic.

Computer / Connection:

Recently built a new PC with a 1070 and a i7-6700k Skylake. I have no FPS issues nor ping issues, which is around 20 ping.

Addons/UI:

ElvUI: Easy setup and looks very organized.
Weakauras: Easy to keep track of every important cast
DBM: Helps a lot with bosses.
Skada: To check dps/healing etc.
Aside from that some time saving addons like the garrison addon and WQ one.

Other Games:

Mainly fighting games like Tekken 7 and Guilty Gear rev. 2
Lately been playing a lot of singleplayer games as well, replaying witcher 3 for the third time.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm honestly looking for a casual/semi-hardcore raiding group that can help me progress whilst having a good time as well. Having a good giggle with some guildies is something I miss considering how almost everyone I know has quit WoW. I see that you guys enjoy some banter as well, seeing as how your 'front cover' is filled with nicknames for the guild members.

Laughter is the best medicine isn't it ?

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm someone who doesn't get bothered by progress. The reason why I mentioned I used to play fighting games is that I'm used to repeating the same process to actually learn what went wrong and how I can learn from it. I'm not stubborn and willing to learn especially if it's something I'm interested in. I have knowledge of all the classes and abilities. Now this might not be the most valuable asset to the team but it's something that is overlooked by many. Aside from the 'gaming skill' I am a social guy who is down to chill in TS / discord just for a chat. I combine skill with social competences for a fun but progressive raiding experience.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wow-progress

Last Words?

All questions are welcome :)

June 24, 2017, 10:41:56 am
Reply #1

Offline SubjectSierra

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Goatfelicia
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:41:56 am »
I totally forgot to link my UI

http://imgur.com/a/2PGWS

June 24, 2017, 10:53:39 am
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:53:39 am »
Hi Semir / Goatfelicia,

Thank you for your application to us in Iron Edge, the apply has okay detail and you have put in effort so that's a plus, the big part i picked up on was the studying human resource management... so basically HR department stuff right? We may need a new HR staff due to over the last few weeks i'm sure i have witnessed alot of non pc stuff spouted around, and our current HR department is snowed under by the recent trip the guild took to prague and grievances raised from said trip.

You haven't killed much of anything in Heroic/ mythic and looks as if you have only started raiding within the last month or so, with that in mind why do you think you would be a good addition to our raid team? that is not a dig at you but more of a what can you contribute to our group to make you a stand out addition to us?

With that said you hadn't provided any logs for us to go on but i did find some, i'm guessing you pugged most of the content you have done so far according to this logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/goatfelicia#rankingzone=11

Good luck on the apply and i'm sure our officers will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

June 24, 2017, 01:37:04 pm
Reply #3

Offline SubjectSierra

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 01:37:04 pm »
Greetings, prince of all Saiyans,

In regards to your questions related to HR deparment stuff I could definitely advice your guild to NOT ONLY get the right people at the right time for the highest efficiency rating but to make all the guild members feel heard and make it a guild for everyone, not just for the people in higher positions. If this is done effectively you should see an increase of total gold in the guild bank, which can be invested into even better things, along with positive vibes during raids.

Now about my raiding progress. I've definitely pugged all of my 'progress' mainly because I thought that actually joining a raiding guild would strain my time too much. Then I actually realised there are guilds that raid semi casually and I'm down for some progress so I just stepped up and filled in an application to a guild. The only noticeable raid progression was ToT HC in MoP on my first account. I forgot my account details when I stopped playing around SoO release.
I have a lot of knowledge about this game and do my research eventhough I might not progress myself. Aside from that I am a person willing to learn from my mistakes and progress further on from that point. I always strife to be the best when I'm trying. To be fair the process should be fun if there is room for it and I can definitely lighten up moods if it gets too dark.
Sadly I don't have anything on record to objectively show you why I am the perfect fit for this guild. I hope by answering your questions in some sense I sufficed you with enough information about me. As I mentioned previously, all questions are welcome.

Regards, GOATfelicia

June 25, 2017, 12:25:27 am
Reply #4

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 12:25:27 am »
Hiyo Goatfelicia,

Quite a decent application for you, and although there is not a whole lot of logs of you when you have been doing your pugs, I do like and appreciate your attitude as shown in your application and your answer for Vejeta.

I would like give you a trial and see how you perform in our guild, and hopefully give our resident shaman a run for his money. You can poke me or any other officer ingame for an invite!  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

June 25, 2017, 12:52:08 am
Reply #5

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 12:52:08 am »
As moon said too, I liked the reply back and glad you took it well some may get offended but what I say, but you didn't. I like that as moon also said, welcome aboard!

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

June 25, 2017, 11:54:35 pm
Reply #6

Offline SubjectSierra

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:54:35 pm »
Greetings Mooneclipse and Vejeta,

Pardon me for my lack of communication. I have an important exam tomorrow so I had to study A LOT for it just not to fail. Hopefully it goes well..
Thank you very much for the invite and I hope you guys actually see my worth in the guild! I will definitely give it my all.

With kind regards,

Goatfelicia

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:04:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

43 Guests, 0 Users