Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Bentover

September 05, 2017, 11:15:52 pm
Read 4363 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Bentover
« on: September 05, 2017, 11:15:52 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Bentover
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Bentover/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Marco, i'm 25 years old, and live in Denmark.
I'm studying fysiotherapy, and doing workoutprograms as a freelance, next to school.

Class/Spec:

I play Assassination with a passion, and have far the most experience as Assa in pve. I play Subtlety mainly for pvp. If it's a must i could be persuaded to play it in raids, but i find the rotation, and overall playstyle clunky and odd. Assassination is where the most of my artifact power is (lvl63 as of now).

Depending on the swapping of legendaries, my gear will range between 930 to 935, in Assassination.

I have yet to get the right leggos to drop for Subtlety, so my gear will range between 928 to 933, with spec-neutral legendaries.

Talents:

- Master Poisoner (for poison build, and utilizing my mastery)
- Nightstalker (To buff my vanish windows even further)
- Vigor (depending on the fight i will in rare cases use Deeper Stratagem)
- Elusiveness (To soak, and evade as much damage towards myself as possible)
- Eternal Bleeding/Prey on the weak (depending on the situation)
- Toxic Blade
- Venom Rush

My stats right now is something like:

Mastery: 165%
Crit: 27%
Vers: 10%

Given my Crit/vers is roughly where i want it, i am going to boost my mastery further (with a lil crit on the side).

My opener rotation is typically:

*Pot* - Garrote - Mutilate - Rupture - Vandetta - Toxic Blade - Kings Bane - Vanish - Envenom - Mutilate - Envenom - Mutilate - Envenom. My Legendary mantle window will be over at this point, and i will pick up my normal rotation from here. Keeping up both bleeds, Envenom inside my Surge of toxins window, pool energy before using Toxic Blade, to get more Envenoms in, lining Kings Bane up with Vandetta (and toxic blade when possible). Bleed up any adds nearby to pool more energy, and waiting for vandetta before running my vanish window again.

Legendaries i use in most cases:

- Mantle of the master assassin
- Duskwalker's footpads

Alts:

Since i just moved server and faction, i don't really care to focus on any other character than my rogue.

Professions:

Herbalist / Alchemy

Rank 3 in 2/4 flask & old war, can make cauldrens.
God, hurl me down in holy fire, i missed the last day the World boss spawned, which drops R3 of Prolonged (only more than half a year ago, thanks for the rotation blizz).
Both professions maxed out, and working on getting the remaining flask and important pots up to R3 as well.

Raiding Experience:

As mentioned before, i've focused alot on pvp, and came back to raid with a guild build by alot of RL friends in Legion. We cleared mythic EN, cleared everything but Gul'dan in NH on mythic (due to a dead server, and struggling to fill out the roster (hence why i'm here now)), and made it to 3/9 mythic in tomb a month ago before disbanding the guild.
Last time i raided was back in Vanilla up untill WOTLK.

Previous Guilds:

Back in Vanilla / TBC / Wotlk i was in a guild called Elite Soldiers, for alot of years, but moved along to a guild that could offer me more pvp-shenanigans as that caught my fancy. Ever since MOP up untill Legion i have been somewhat guildless, since i didnt raid, and i had the pvp partners i needed on RealID, so there was never a reason for me.

Availability:

I have exams once every semester, which means in the summerbreak and winterbreaks, so i might need a day or two off there. Otherwies i will be available from about 18.00 o'clock realm time untill 00.00.

Communication:

I do speak english, and i have used / use communication a lot playing World of Warcraft. I've got skype, Discord, and TS3.

Computer / Connection:

Computer specs:

- Intel Core i5-7500 CPU. 3,40 GHz / 3,40 GHz.

- 16 GB Ram

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

I run wow in ultra graphics on around 100+ fps, and i have a stable internet connection.

Addons/UI:

Addons:

- WeakAuras
- DBM
- BigDebuffs
- RC Lootcouncil
- Details
- SimCraft
- Pawn

The only thing i can really show is how i utilize my WA, as i prefer having a clean Blizz UI to look at than enhancing it to the point where i can't see anything.

http://imgur.com/a/BGw1A

Other Games:

Not much really. Putting most of my time and effort into WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

Looking for a guild that suits my needs. You're progressing the right amount to me, and clearing content on mythic within the patch cycles. Me and a recent member of yours (Fabulousfu) is RL friends, and both former members of our last raiding guild, and we saw IronEdge as the perfect opportunity for us. Besides the fact that i am actually old enough to understand where the name Iron Edge comes from ;)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A stable and reliable person to raid with and share guild with. Will be active in the guild, and help people out with capping their weekly m+ and push higher keys if needed.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress, and Fabulousfu :))

Last Words?

Since i just changed realm, i needed to change my name so i have changed my name from Bentover to Psyanite, if you're having trouble looking me up :)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/5195449/13#metric=dps&partition=1

September 05, 2017, 11:21:17 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Bentover
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:21:17 pm »
Hi Bentover,

Im surprised you got to keep that name for so long :), nice apply, very nice logs.

You've done everything the right way and made a very good detailed apply, im a happy paladin for that.

Good luck on the apply.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

September 06, 2017, 06:04:03 pm
Reply #2

Offline Mimfoe

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 06:04:03 pm »
Hello fellow Dane and Rogue, this is a pretty good application, and I don't really have much to add, besides saying "we gross, you actually like assassination?!".

I haven't played assassination since 7.2, but I am still trying to somewhat keep up with it.

I have 2 questions about your talent choices;
How come you're using nightstalker over subterfuge?
How come you're using internal bleeding over thuggee?

There's not necessarily anything wrong with your talent choices, but I would love an explanation.

Good luck on the application!

/mim

September 06, 2017, 06:59:18 pm
Reply #3

Offline Waldoh xd

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 06:59:18 pm »
Thanks for the replies and good lucks! :)

Nightstalker talent: Since the 7.2 changes and the more mastery we get, it gives far the best dps output to spend your vanish/NS window on envenom. I've been fiddling around with subterfuge (given i only tested it in m+s), but the overall damage on garrote, even with the setbonus didn't add up to nightstalker. - Especially not when buffed with Toxic blade.

Thuggee: Well, this talent has become somewhat useless, since the the 2set bonus from ToS roughly removes the cooldown of it.

Hope it clears things up for you. :))

September 09, 2017, 01:58:51 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 01:58:51 pm »
Hi Psyanite,

Sorry this took so long. Because of our other rogues on the roster, and our roster size in general, we expect you to do exceptionally well on your trial. You can poke me or another officer for an invite.

We have a forum post here that will help you get started in our raid. See you soon!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:58:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

44 Guests, 1 User
Naasty