Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Honormate (XR)

November 10, 2017, 01:25:55 pm
Read 4681 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Honormate (XR)
« on: November 10, 2017, 01:25:55 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Honormate
Server: twisting-nether
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Honormate/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hey,

My name is Niall Lockyer (or Honormate in game), I am 26 years of age and have been playing the game as a raider since Wrath. I like in the UK, and work for an ambulance company in the South West of England.

I consider myself to be a cutting edge player, but have found myself lost in slow progress in my current guild due to large revamps to the guilds structure etc. I continue to push to be the best that I can possibly be through mythic+ and raiding weekly.

Class/Spec:

I main spec Shadow and offspec Holy. I love shadow (who doesn't), even if we did get the biggest nerf hammer hit ever with STM :), and I consider myself extremelly good as shadow with an overal parse of 95+ for mythic ToS. I can also heal when required, and have competed with MS healers in every sense when i do so.

Shadow: 943 equipped itmlvl - 72 wep - all legendary
Holy: 939 equipped itmlvl - 62 wep - missing Back and Velons (both BiS)

I consider myself to be highly knowledgable of my class. Shadow is quite the pain to be perfectly honest as they is a huge amount to rely on when optimising, but i will try and keep it as simple as possible:

Stats - ideally you want 12-13k haste as shadow, this allows you to maintain a solid voidform rotation throughout the duration of a fight, and its our primary stat to focus on (i currently have 13k+, following this you want to achieve as close as possible a 2:1 ratio of crit / mastery, most people with fully itemised gear sets (Arcano - Terror from Below) have approx 12k crit and 5-6k mastery. The purpose of this crit height is to proc more auspicious spirits, which is a passive spell which produces insanity, allowing us to maintain longer voidforms (and ultimately do more dps). Versatility and Intellect dont really matter too much for us :).

Rotation
we have two set rotations, out of voidform and in voidform

Out of Voidform - the aim is to get into voidform as soon as possible (with dots on your target so when you cast void erruption it does dps to adds). you do this by casting Mind Blast on pull, dot target, mind blast, mind flay, mind blast , void eruption.

In Voidform - this is where it can get complicated, beacuse you have different rotations based on your haste percentage (i track my haste percentage with a weak auro so i know when to change my rotation to maximise dps) but our main rotation is as followed:

Void bolt on CD > Mind Blast on CD (only if you have Void Bolt on CD) > Mind Flay as filler > refresh dots in between as filler in between mind blast and void bold cd's when the target has <5 seconds remaining. when we get to 140% haste you change your rotation to: Void Bolt > Mind Blast > Void Bold > Mind Blast > Voidbolt > Mind Flay (then continue from start.

CD's: the aim of shadow is to get each voidform as close to the same length as possible, for me this means i use my artifact wep straight away when I am in voidform and i use my mindblaster at 30-35 stacks depending on procs.

Alts:

Unfortunately i do not have any alts, i invest all my time into being the best I can possibly be as shadow priest

Professions:

Enchanting / JewelCrafting - I have all recipes required for raiding.

Raiding Experience:

I took a break from the game in HFC so I cam back at the start of this expansion, my progress is: EN 7/7 Mythic / ToV 2/3 Mythic / NH 8/10 Mythic / ToS 6/9 Mythic.

We don't often do achievement runs unfortunately.

I have always been range dps with a healing offspec.

Previous Guilds:

As Expected - Twisting Nether

I have been with the guild for approx 2 years now, and have raided consistently with them through the entire expansion. I am an extremelly loyal person and have made that clear to the guild, as I am in the guild council group as a co-raid leader. However due to recent circumstances, the raiding team has been disbanded for the forseeable future. The GM has a new baby and will return to the Army soon, we have lost many raiders due to calling a break on raiding etc.

I think now is the right time for me to explore new things and progress with a new guild.

Availability:

I work 09:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday and have no commitment concerns when it comes to raiding.

No exams or studying, and no holidays booked apart from New Years for 2 days.

Communication:

Born and Raised in England, so yeah I can speak it well :)

I have TS3 Installed but use discord atm, wont be an issue to use TS3

I use my mic often in raids due to my role and yeah i can listen also.

Computer / Connection:

I recently purchased a computer for £2000, it includes GTX 1080 Graphics cards and all additional extras to make it a mean gaming computer, i never experience lag or disruption to my connection as I am hard wired in.

Addons/UI:

I don't have a screenshot, but please see this link
&t=32s

it is a video of one of our mistress kills a couple of weeks ago, should give you an idea of my ui and also play style.

i use key bingings for marking, and all spells.

I use macros for mouseover dotting and raid marking etc also

Other Games:

Mostly Wow, but I also play Dota 2, PUBG

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join a guild which has both good progress and a solid group of nice players, judging from your wowprogress page, i feel you can offer both of these to me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer you some humour :), but most importantly, I am someone that can listen, execute tactics accordingly and be relied on when it comes to dps.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wow Progress

Last Words?

Thank you for taking the time to review my application, hopefully hear from you soon.

P.S. Phoenixflame's dog is pretty cute, but don't tell him that. I am sure he tell's the dog every day!

November 10, 2017, 01:49:01 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Honormate (XR)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 01:49:01 pm »
Hi Niall,

Love the south west of England, now are you way down south or just passed Bristol is my first question. Its nice for us to have a shadowpriest application, which no means our range officer has no excuse but rolling back to warlock, ain't that right Moon?

It says you have only been in that guild As Expected from May, did you used to play a different class if so may you link that character as well please. I have looked at your logs and they are very good with only blemish being your guild didn't progress as far as our own has at this time.

Other than that i feel you've made a good effort in the application and i like what i see. Good luck on the apply and im sure our officers will be in touch to ask on any other questions they may have, but from looking at your logs, you know what to do.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 10, 2017, 03:49:24 pm
Reply #2

Offline Alzaroth

• Guild Member

• There is no darkness without light

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 03:49:24 pm »
Very decent app, very nice logs, i would personally definitely like to give you a trial but sadly im in no position to do so you will have to wait for their decision :)! Good luck!

November 10, 2017, 11:37:30 pm
Reply #3

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 11:37:30 pm »
The amount of spells you have to click due to lack of keybinds is quite worrisome. Is that something you plan to change?
Had a look at your mistress video, and i think you could greatly improve overall performance by getting more keybinds on spells you use very often instead of clicking.
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

November 11, 2017, 12:33:06 am
Reply #4

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 12:33:06 am »
i use key bingings for marking, and all spells.
I feel this is a bit of an exaggeration after watching the video. Care to elaborate?

November 11, 2017, 07:57:52 am
Reply #5

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 07:57:52 am »
Just imagine if he went to all keybinds, he could maybe improve those orange logs that vary between 95-99 and make them a golden 100. It isnt a real concern if he clicks the shit outta his ability bar or not, what’s important is his logs back him up.

Good luck on the apply as mentioned before
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 11, 2017, 12:51:58 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 12:51:58 pm »
Just imagine if he went to all keybinds, he could maybe improve those orange logs that vary between 95-99 and make them a golden 100. It isnt a real concern if he clicks the shit outta his ability bar or not, what’s important is his logs back him up.

Good luck on the apply as mentioned before
That's true and the application is good and the logs are there to back it up. What is weird is that sentence when it's clearly not the truth.

Either way, good luck.

November 11, 2017, 04:27:03 pm
Reply #7

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 04:27:03 pm »
good app, ignore those comments about bindings etc,as I can see you adapted your style to ensure you deliver parses for your class in the better quarters, whereas some that have responded struggle to do themselves, with binds.

Good luck, a officer will come back to you soon I would expect.

Cheers
Paul

November 11, 2017, 06:41:21 pm
Reply #8

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 06:41:21 pm »
Hiyo Honormate,

As has been stated earlier by fellow guildmates, this is quite a decent application, and your logs go to show that you know how to play your class very well. I would be happy to give you a spot as a trialist for the guild and get to see how well you fare in our raid. You can poke me or any other officer ingame for an invite  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

November 11, 2017, 07:49:33 pm
Reply #9

Offline Alzaroth

• Guild Member

• There is no darkness without light

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 07:49:33 pm »
Yeah i wouldnt care about the clicking drama either :D i often do so myself as well and as Quickzor mentioned, you have the proof that you do great with those clickies.

November 11, 2017, 10:51:16 pm
Reply #10

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 10:51:16 pm »
Healthstone please Alan. You can click them

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:12:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users