Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - nerzthuk (XR)

December 16, 2017, 10:40:33 pm
Read 5436 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - nerzthuk (XR)
« on: December 16, 2017, 10:40:33 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: nerzthuk
Server: ravencrest
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/nerzthuk/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

andrew
scotland
build flat pack houses
scuba diver
and wow lover

Class/Spec:

affi being my main spec, i play this as my main spec as it is just the best spec for warlocks at this current tier, the mobility and survivabilty is just unbeatable, my current item level with this spec is 958 and artifact is 76, i sometimes play destro i would call it my off spec but rarely used 954 and 72 artifact. Overall i do prefer to play affi i enjoy the mechanics of the spec and the damage output

as affi warlock there is 2 sets of gear that i have, i have a pure haste set that is used mainly for ST sustained fights priortising haste while trying to keep my mastery at around 100%.

I also have a 2 target cleave gear setup which revolves around mastery, affi mastery increases the damage done by your DOT affects which is all i need during a 2target/multi target cleave, also generally on a fight such as coven i will be speced into syphon life and this is also affected by my mastery.

Alts:

draan- mistweaver monk 946 item level
draani-holy paladin/ret paladin 935

Professions:

engineering/

Raiding Experience:

ok here goes

TBC(my wow career begun)
kara-cleared
magg/gruul-cleared
Black temple-4 bosses

WOLK
NAX-cleared
ulduar-cleared and upto hodir HM
TOTGC-first boss on hardmode
ICC-all apart from 25man hc lich king

cata
first tier -13/13 guild finished world 38th
firelands-7/7n3/7hc(quit hardcore raiding)
dragon soul-7/8hc

MOP(just pugged and was on and off on the game for the duration of the expansion, i didnt like the theme)
cleared all normal apart from orgimmar

WOD
came back to the game at hellfire and managed to clear all on heroic and 4bosses on mythic.

LEGION
EN-7/7m
NH-didnt raid had irl problems so quit raiding.
TOS-returned to raiding at the end of the raid heroic cleared and first mythic boss
ABT-12/12hc and know tactics for most mythic fights.

Previous Guilds:

Inner sanctum- was a hardcore raiding guild during cata and i just couldnt keep up with the required time to compete at that level.

the enigma order-Had to quit due to IRL problems.

Availability:

i work 6am-2pm UK time, i will attend every raid on time and be ready to pull boss when you need me to, i play alot outside of raid times the only day i will rarely make it is wednesday night due to me assist in running my scuba diving club which runs from 7pm-10pm,( all U.K times)

Communication:

english is first language although i am scottishxD and yes i own a microphone astro a50

Computer / Connection:

very good computer im not a tech genius so i dunno spec but my dad builds me them and they are very very good, i run 200mpbs virgin media broadband and rarely have connection issues.

Addons/UI:

elvui-WA-bigwigs-details
other addons which are not important for raiding.
https://imgur.com/a/fCkMV

Other Games:

overwatch

Why Iron Edge?

I seen you guys needing a warlock in WOW progress, and had a read at your profile, the raid days you raid are perfect for my social calander, also the 2 day raiding is all i i think i can manage, i have raided at 7days per week and all other day you could imagine, and i think this will be most fitting for me, while you only raid 2 days you kill bosses in a timely fashion.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

i can offer a strong reliable dps which has a vast wow experience in all kind of situations and levels, i always turn up to raids ontime and with the appropriate consumables for the encounter we will be progressing on, i learn fast and rarely make mistakes. When i do make a mistake i learn from it and it will not happen again, i also will volunteer to do mechanics of a boss, for example pods on portal keeper or the portals in twin dragons in emerald nightmare, i am not scared of a challenge.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wow progress

Last Words?

thankyou for taking time to review my application and hope to hear from you soon.

December 17, 2017, 10:32:09 pm
Reply #1

Offline Alzaroth

• Guild Member

• There is no darkness without light

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - nerzthuk (XR)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:32:09 pm »
First of all, fairly decent application. I hope our officers will give you a trial spot in the raid cuz i'd sure love to have another scott in the guild tehehe. Now, about your logs. I don't think they were particularily great but they werent bad either and that is fine. Going over them in depth however raised some questions. Could you tell me how you think is best to use reap soul stacks in combination with unstable affliction drain soul cycles? Also, i think you might be lacking a tiny bit of mastery, what stats are you mainly going for currently and why?

December 17, 2017, 11:12:23 pm
Reply #2

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 11:12:23 pm »
Hi there thankyou for your reply, well my general rotation opener would be agony corp,drain to get 5 soul shards at that point i would x2 AF and drain them off and try and maintain this rotation as best as possible, while not trying to reap souls without having atleast 5 souls available, please note that the logs for heroic are not the best as 80% of the time i have been trying to raid lead a pug which i myself have found very stressful, as to your question it is best to reap the souls after applying AF to the target as it gives increased damage to my AF(as well as drain soul agony etc) but mainly AF as this is where most of my damage is made up.i am going for haste while trying to maintain close to 100% mastery, this is what is needed for Single target, according to logs and other reliable sources such as streamers this is what is working best for them also along with sims this is what is simming best for me, when it comes to 2target/multi dot this is where mastery becomes of higher value and i have a totally different gear set for that purpose which i believe my mastery sits around 138% with that load out. i hope this his answered your question and if it has'nt let me know and ill explain futher.

thanks
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

December 18, 2017, 03:54:43 am
Reply #3

Offline Alzaroth

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 03:54:43 am »
Well if sims are really telling for you to go for those stat weights then i guess the stats are fine, however i still do think you are a bit too heavy on versatility and would replace it with mastery myself. I'm sitting around 130-140 in both of my talent sets (WiA and MG). About your reap soul usage however, you should try playing a tiny bit differently to see if you do more damage that way. I know that a lot of guides and all are telling you to save up to 4 or 5 souls before entering a drain cycle, but i usually just use UAx2 (up to 4 or 5 depending on procs and starting shards) and then use 1 stack of reap soul and then drain it off and my dmg is quite good while doing so i would say. By trying to float at 4 shards and trying to get 4 reaps before entering another drain cycle often wastes more unstable affliction damage than actually just using it "on cooldown". Well either way you look like a decent player and i would love to have another warlock buddy in team :3.

December 18, 2017, 05:58:07 am
Reply #4

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 05:58:07 am »
The sims are telling me thats the best with the gear i currently have, i 100% agree with you i need to lose vers and put it into mastery, id love to do that but unfortunately with just puging heroic content that is the best ive been able to do, i will try out the tips you have gave me and they are much appreciated i always try and maximise myself:) 
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

December 18, 2017, 01:16:26 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »
You giving this warlock a hard time Allan?

Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 18, 2017, 01:32:51 pm
Reply #6

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »
Oh look, another Scot for Moon not to hang out with

December 18, 2017, 05:13:17 pm
Reply #7

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 05:13:17 pm »
Who said i wanted to hang out with moon anyway haha😁

December 18, 2017, 07:03:10 pm
Reply #8

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 07:03:10 pm »
Haha! Moon is the guy who decides if you are accepted or not!

December 18, 2017, 07:54:35 pm
Reply #9

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 07:54:35 pm »
He's got my approval  ;D

December 18, 2017, 08:02:02 pm
Reply #10

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 08:02:02 pm »
Well i suppose i want to hang out with moon then :P

December 18, 2017, 08:11:47 pm
Reply #11

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 08:11:47 pm »
I'll just step all over Moon's dick then and accept you to the guild.

You can poke me or another officer for an invite, welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 18, 2017, 08:16:44 pm
Reply #12

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 08:16:44 pm »
thankyou will transfer asap

December 18, 2017, 09:26:09 pm
Reply #13

Offline Alzaroth

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 09:26:09 pm »
Haha i wasnt trying to give him a hard time but rather help him ^^, i think i was quite clear he had my vote no? :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 0 Users