Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - Paro

December 30, 2017, 01:18:23 am
Read 2690 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - Paro
« on: December 30, 2017, 01:18:23 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Paro
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Paro/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

I am Daniel, 30 and work as an actuary in an investment consulting role advising institutional investors on their investment strategies.

Class/Spec:

Balance is my main spec though I am equally happy to play resto as and when required.
On my balance spec, my ilvl is 952 equipped (961 in bags etc but running 2pc/4pc) then the same equipped on resto but 959 max.

Priority stats are haste and mastery. Mastery priority for AoE situations.

Rotation wise for ST - keep both dots up, keep moon on CD, starsurge if both lunar and solar empowerments have less than three charges unless I know there is movement coming up then I just store the astral power. If bracers proc then place starfall.

For multi target - keep dots up on all targets, ensure starfall is up, use moon to generate astral power. With T21 I often try to keep the 6s buff up by spacing out the starfalls unless I have a high amount of astral power.

Alts:

Bentlev is the only one I am going to gear up and is the one I raided on in EN.

Professions:

Leatherworking and skinning.
No real reason for having them anymore other than it being historical.

Raiding Experience:

In this tier just heroic so far - 11/11. Same last tier as I returned to the game mid-tier and was behind on gear, particularly legendaries which has been a pain to catch up on.

I raided mythic with Dispossessed in EN on my paladin as holy until I had to take the aforementioned break due to work commitments (a 6 month secondment)

Previous Guilds:

Dispossesed - Now sadly folded as a few members left after failing to get cutting edge. Left when I returned as I could not commit to raiding on Wednesdays as I play football then

Potential - I joined these on the expectation that I would gear up in heroic ToS ready for Antorus but in the meantime they took on another balance druid and no longer have need for another.

Availability:

I tend to play most evenings though I expect I will drop it down to maybe 4 times a week during the busier periods at work. Making the two raid days and times is not an issue however.

I work Mon-Fri normal office hours - flexible though to some extent

Communication:

I am British so yes.
I have TS3 and a good headset with a working mic that I use

Computer / Connection:

GTX1080, 6800K overclocked, 16GB ram and my MS to Kazzak is 25 with broadband speeds of 130mb/s usually.

Addons/UI:

Angry Assignments - easy to assign roles
Details - better than recount
ElvUI - better than standard
DBM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3x3ytrQXd8eT3FueXlTV0xNdmc

Other Games:

Hearthstone on my phone occasionally but not many others.

I used to play quite a lot more but now I am older I have a good career etc that means I don't focus entirely on gaming

Why Iron Edge?

I would like to get back into Mythic raiding again without committing to a four day a week schedule.
The times you offer are great for me.

Also, I got my dog last year (now 15 months) and love him so I like the picture!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Mature, well prepared, good at the game and a quick learner (for what it means to any one, I am one exam off qualifying as an actuary and start my PhD in Finance in October so that mentality lends itself well to gaming which is essentially just algorithms underlying the mechanics)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

I have briefly mentioned above that I had to take a break from raiding, and the game in general, due to work circumstances (a 6-month secondment). I came back in August but it has been a struggle to catch up, particularly with legendaries and optimising secondary stats. Hopefully you are able to understand that these issues are temporary and will be resolved over time.

It also goes without saying that when the time comes I will be familiar with tactics though for the reasons set out above I have not experienced mythic this tier yet.

December 31, 2017, 12:52:42 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - Paro
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:52:42 am »
Hi Daniel,

Where are you from?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 31, 2017, 01:43:03 am
Reply #2

Offline Paro

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 01:43:03 am »
Hi Rash,

I live in Yorkshire in the UK

January 02, 2018, 12:32:51 am
Reply #3

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 12:32:51 am »
Hiyo Paro,

Although I really want a boomkin for our raid roster, due to our ranged roster I will unfortunately be unable to accept this application without it resulting in more standby time than what I am comfortable with. I do wish you luck on your guild search, and hope you find a suitable guild :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:17:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

75 Guests, 0 Users