Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Ðeft

April 09, 2018, 10:41:40 am
Read 4877 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Ðeft
« on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:40 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Ðeft
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/%C3%90eft/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Kian, 20, Sweden - work in customer service for a telecompany - something which has made me very patient and enduring.

Class/Spec:

My main specialization is Assassination - currently the strongest and most consistent spec on most bosses, also the one I enjoys the most.

I have played all three specializations during this expansion and would have no problem switching between any of them if that would be necessary. My gear between them is roughly the same as I sometimes receive items that wouldn't work for Assassination but would be pretty good for Outlaw, the only thing I'd be missing is 1 BiS legendary for Subtlety.

The key to maximizing your damage as an assassination rogue is timing - you want to pool your energy and spend it during cooldowns such as Toxic Blade and Vendetta and also to keep up Envenom buff during Kingsbane in order to increase it's damage.

Cooldowns are fairly short so timing is crucial, making sure if possible that these cooldowns line up together and as I wear the legendary bracers waiting until  after 30% when you're close would be a significant damage increase.

Outside of cooldowns you want to maximize the uptime of your 2 set bonus in order to get more energy, keeping your Rupture and Garrote up and making sure you don't cap energy.

Our main abilities  does not have any cooldowns, so using your abilities faster is not going to increase your dps, spending your energy when your abilities will do the most damage is going to increase your dps.

I always sim my gear in order to maximize my dps, stats may be varying but currently Mastery is my strongest stat and after that it's crit - especially since  crit synergizes with my set bonus and the Seal Fate passive.

A typical opening rotation wearing the shoulders would be:

Stealthed Garrote > Mutilate > Rupture > Vendetta > Kingsbane > Toxic Blade > wait until crit buff runs out > vanish > Envenom > Mutilate > Envenom > Mutilate > Envenom - then it's keep rupture and garrote up, pool energy and keep 2 set bonus up while waiting for CDs.

Alts:

Not that I am playing currently, but back during Emerald Nightmare I started out as a Fire Mage:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/%C3%B0eft

And during Nighthold I was maining a Demon Hunter:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/sheeya

Professions:

I currently have Alchemy and Inscription - there really isn't any professions that add to our dps these days but having that extra flask time is very nice.

Raiding Experience:

I have been playing this game since vanilla, I started playing when I was around 7 years old so I did not really get much raiding during this time, it was all about Alterac Valley for me.

I got into raiding in TBC where I was playing a holy paladin and a rogue - I cleared Karazhan on both characters and then decided to stick with my rogue. I  cleared Magtheridon's  Lair, Gruul's Lair but because of my age ~10 or so it was rather difficult getting into any guilds getting further than that, so I was mostly pvping after that.

In Wrath of the Lich King I started playing as a Protection Paladin - I cleared Naxx 10/25, OS 10/25, EoE 10/25 - my computer unfortunately broke during Ulduar and didn't get to experience the raid that many consider to be among the best and most enjoyable raids in the game.

I got back during Trial of the Crusader again and picked up as a Ret paladin where I cleared it on heroic and later did 11/12 Heroic ICC 25 and 12/12 Heroic on ICC 10 and also clearing RS on 10/25 and 10 Heroic.

In Cataclysm I rerolled to a Shadow Priest - on this character I cleared 12/13 Heroic the first tier - the only boss I never did was Ascendant Council until Firelands was released. During Firelands I cleared 7/7 Heroic on 10 man and 6/7 Heroic on 25man.

Did 5/8 Heroic in Dragon Soul before I got very boring and I decided to quit.

Started playing again during Mists of Pandaria but I only cleared first raid on normal before quitting, not returning until late SoO where I pugged a couple of mythic bosses.

In Warlords of Draenor I rerolled back to rogue, did 6/7M in Highmaul and 7/10M in BRF  before I decided to quit.

In Legion I first started out as a Fire Mage, clearing 7/7M EN getting some decent logs and also did 1/3M ToV before deciding to take a little break and coming back as a Demon Hunter.  

On my Fire Mage I first started out in a "friends going hardcore" kind of guild on Sunstrider - you'll find some early logs for my Fire Mage during this time here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/sunstrider/malthael#rankingzone=10 - was getting mostly orange percentiles in Heroic and even 100% on Xavius for my ilevel

I then moved to Tarren Mill where I cleared mythic, you'll find logs here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/%C3%B0eft#rankingzone=10

As I mentioned earlier I rerolled a Demon Hunter during NH - I cleared 8/10M in a 2 day raiding guild. You'll find logs for them here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/sheeya#rankingzone=11 - as you might see on many of those kills there were quite a few gray/green percentiles in those kills making it difficult to getting good percentiles - I still feel I performed very well.

At this point I had gotten a new job and raiding was very difficult, I needed a guild that raided on weekends which I could not find so I stopped raiding completely. I cleared ToV on heroic and killed the first 3 bosses. - Was mostly pugging it and ended up with some decent percentiles playing as subtlety - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/23060546/13#difficulty=4&class=Rogue&spec=Subtlety&metric=dps&partition=1

I started playing roughly 6 weeks ago on this rogue where I have since then pugged heroic Antorus every week, and first boss on mythic.

Previous Guilds:

At the start of Legion I joined my friends who started their own guild during EN - we ended up killing first boss Mythic before we disbanded due to officers not getting along.

I then joined a guild called Vivid where I proceeded to clear Mythic EN - they kicked my friend unfairly during ToV progress and at the time I was very bored of my Fire Mage and ToV in general and decided to leave.

I then joined another guild after having rerolled to my Demon Hunter - we cleared maybe the first 8 bosses on heroic before we disbanded, I can't really remember why we disbanded but people were just not performing/attending enough.

My friend decided to create a new guild where he contacted a bunch of old contacts and we formed the two man raiding guild - <Send Noots> - people were quite bad at attending and we had several underperforming players but we ended up clearing 8/10 M.

We then changed our raidtimes to Sunday and Saturday and after clearing 9/9 Heroic in ToV and first boss on Mythic - many players were unhappy with the Guild Master and without telling him about them being unhappy they decided to backstab us and left which caused us to disband. And this is where I quit raiding until now.

Availability:

Every week my workschedule changes which is why I am unable to find a raiding guild doing normal times. Some times I work weekends and leave 07:00-17:15, sometimes I work morning where I leave 06:20-15:40 and sometimes I work evening and leave 12:00-21:30.

Even if I work weekends I will always be able to attend any raids on weekends which is why I am applying to the weekend group. You can expect 100% attendance from me.

Communication:

I do have Teamspeak 3 and can understand english with no difficulty. I also do have a mic but as I am very shy with my voice I do not use it very often. If it's necessary for defeating a boss then of course I will use it, however socially I will be much more active typing in guild/raid chat.

This has never caused a problem for me or the guilds I have joined previously and as a person because of this I am very observing by nature - my awareness to surroundings is quite good because of this and at the very least you can always expect me to perform.

Computer / Connection:

My computer and internet is very good ~23 ping on Kazzak and high fps. I very rarely DC, if it happends it is because of the game and not because of my net.

Addons/UI:

I mainly use ElvUI for my interface, addons such as DBM, WeakAuras also helps me keep track of th e boss mechanics and my own abilities. Here is my UI: https://puu.sh/zZl7G/2a13791794.jpg

Other Games:

I don't really play any other games currently, due to work I only really want to have time for World of Warcraft, I used to play Diablo 3 during new seasons, but since there's nothing new coming I decided to take a break from this.

Why Iron Edge?

Due to work I am looking for a guild with very specific raid hours - the weekend group is perfect for me because I will always be able to raid on Sunday at 19:30-23:30.

From what  I have seen you also seem like a nice place to spend socially, I would assume you're frequently doing M+ and other activities for anyone interested. You're also unique, atleast from what I have seen, in the sense that you have 3 different raiding groups in the same guild. I feel like this is bound to create a nice atmosphere where you can help eachother.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

As a 1 day raiding group the most important would be my 100% attendance, you can always count on me to show up for raids. I am very socially in the guild chat and is always willing to join up for some mythic + or perhaps some kind of xmog run in older raids, or something like assisting with getting the Chosen title is something I'd gladly help with.

Moving on to what I can offer as a raider - I am very passionate about the game and will always do my best trying to maximize my performance while still doing important mechanics. I always come prepared to any new bosses we will be progressing through, making sure that I learn the tactics before entering the raid.

Considering that I will be joining with less experience than you I believe one of my most important qualities will be my ability to adapt to many situations and the fact that I am a very fast learner. I rarely do mistakes, but I'm still human so when it happends I make sure to learn from it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Your forum posts over at eu.battle.net/wow/en in the Kazzak forum.

Last Words?

I hope that you can see that I am very passionate about the game and that you can expect good things from me. In any case thank you for reading.

April 09, 2018, 01:55:56 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Ðeft
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »
Hello Kian.

I wish more people would take their time to write a detailed application, like you just did.

My only question for you would be regarding  guild switching. We treat each of our raiders as separate individuals, so if one of your friend would apply and we woulnd’t have room for him, how would that affect your decision to remain part of our raid?
Ba dun tss!

April 09, 2018, 02:35:16 pm
Reply #2

Offline Ultiwho

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 02:35:16 pm »
Brilliant app. It’s always good to see someone is willing to to put in the effort.

You’re rotation is spot on as is your general assassination gameplay style and your attitude towards the game/raid seems good great too. We are mostly looking for ranged but a rogue wouldn’t go amiss so it’s a yes from me.

April 09, 2018, 02:59:31 pm
Reply #3

Offline Deft

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 02:59:31 pm »
Hello!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I understand your concerns, however I don't believe it would be an issue. If I specifically wanted to raid with any one of my friends I would have made sure there were spots available beforehand by contacting an officer and discussed the possibilties, learning if all of us atleast meet the requirements  to join before sending in applications.

In any case I made this application to find a place of my own, if any one of my friends want to try and join then sure it would be great if they did but, them not getting accepted wouldn't change my decision.

I'm guessing what brought this up is my comment about leaving a guild after a friend of mine was kicked - this alone wouldn't force that decision on me but the fact that it was unjustified and poorly handled by the guild is what pushed me to that decision.

Basically what happend was that they didn't like how aggressive he was on discord - which is completely fair. But when they come to me and ask if  I would leave if they kicked him (this was without even speaking to him about there being a problem) so I just felt this is not the kind of guild I  want to stay with.

@Ultiwho

Thanks! I really appreciate that, I haven't written an application in quite a while and was afraid of the responses it would get.

April 09, 2018, 05:08:14 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xenn

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:08:14 pm »
Hey Kian,

Thanks! I really appreciate that, I haven't written an application in quite a while and was afraid of the responses it would get.

Sounds like you have been a professional app writer before :D

Your app is very detailed (which is rare now days) and pretty much self-explanatory, so I don't have any questions to ask, yet.

Your UI looks nice, but I am not fan of your transmog. Doesn't really fit the rogue. Maybe you can consider to change it some day? :D This is the only criteria you are not fitting.

But jokes aside, you have a "yes" from me for sure! :)
Professional transmog critic.

April 09, 2018, 05:30:39 pm
Reply #5

Offline Deft

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 05:30:39 pm »
Haha, well I change transmog very often so could happen that I change it eventually but I have ran out of ideas. I like my current xmog though, what don't you like about it?

April 09, 2018, 05:51:52 pm
Reply #6

Offline Xenn

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 05:51:52 pm »
Well, pieces match each other, yes, but it looks a bit bland. Looks like a pretty girl in the office and not like a sneaky rogue :D

April 09, 2018, 06:57:08 pm
Reply #7

Offline Deft

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 06:57:08 pm »
I'll take it into consideration! You got a set in mind? Also give me a colour to work with and I'll put something together.

April 09, 2018, 08:39:11 pm
Reply #8

Offline Xenn

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 08:39:11 pm »
Not really familiar with rogue sets, but you need something bright into your transmog, something that will bring attention into it, for example xavius shoulders if it is red x-mog. Or make your weapons more brighter and the rest not.

In general I like a lot sets from Draenor and Pandaria for multiple classes.

As for colors, i like red+black, purple+black, fel green/mist green(or w/e this color is called)+random color. Basically I like black color with some bright accent from the other color :D

April 11, 2018, 02:46:11 am
Reply #9

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 02:46:11 am »
Hello.

We'll have to look pass your mog because I would like to offer you a trial for our team. Poke an officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:19:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 3 Users
Shimmar, Stepan, Mooneclipse