Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Ciscero

June 03, 2018, 09:34:41 pm
Read 4489 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Ciscero
« on: June 03, 2018, 09:34:41 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Ciscero
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Ciscero/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Dave, 30, UK, Project Analyst

Class/Spec:

Ret as MS and Prot as OS; spent the majority of the tier as Ret whilst being one of the 3 main tanks during Argus progress. I unfortunately missed the kill night due to being away in Croatia at a Wedding that week.

I've been using my DK as Blood on Aggramar due to the grip mechanics

Haste, Mastery as stat priority.

Ret rotation is fairly simplistic; the basics are essentially, build holy power and use either Templars verdict or divine storm depending on ST / AoE Situations

Alts:

my DK https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/belicera

x6 Aggramar kills 969 ilevel.

Professions:

Blacksmith and Jewelcrafting - they were pretty much the best professions for stat increase up until WoD when the bonuses were removed.

Raiding Experience:

Raiding History

BC:

Raided Karazhan up to Shade of Aran
Cleared Magtheridons Lair and Gruuls lair

WotLK:
(As Holy / Retri Paladin)
<The Nephilim>
Cleared Naxxramas normal 25 man prior to the release of Ulduar. Killed Yogg Saron 10 man, but we struggled on 25 man, remained with the guild until towards the end Trial of the Crusader - Left due to the guild / raid leader's drinking habit, him falling asleep during the raid was the final straw.

I joined <Sidereals> clearing TotC with tribute to insanity on 10 man and then progressed through ICC.
The guild slowly fell apart as we weren't able to clear 25 man resulting in the vast majority of the raid team leaving to join another guild on the server. I took over guild leadership and attempted to rebuild the team, forcing us through to kill Halion on 25 Man normal before merging with <The Last Hope> clearing 25 man normal, progressing in 25 man HC and killing the Lich King 10 Man HC prior to Cataclysm launch.

Cataclysm:
<The Last Hope> & <Solace> 
Cleared BWD and BoT on normal and the first few on Heroic prior to stepping down from raiding. This was due to my new job making raiding completely impractical (TLH raided from 19:00 - 23:00 Server time, I would get home literally as the raid started so it wasn't practical from my perspective or the guilds).

Joined <Solace> with a friend with the goal to set up a successful RBG team and have the guild be successful across PvE and PvP .
I continued to raid with <The Last Hope> on an ad hoc basis, primarily as a back up during Firelands and Dragon Soul when they were short on players; killing Ragnaros 10 Man HC and Dragon Soul 10 man HC with them whilst leading the RBG team in <Solace>.

Mist of Pandaria:
(rerolled to Retribution Paladin)

Continued the RBG team in <Solace> achieving 2.2k then 2.3k in two consecutive seasons.
After a number of key players quit the game we decided to end on a high and disbanded the team.

Joined <Non Phixion> at the start of Siege of Orgrimmar cleared 10 Man / 25 man Heroic pre 6.0 / pre Mythic introduction.

Joined <Burning Dawn> due to <Non Phixion> migrating to Silvermoon Alliance.

Warlords of Draenor:

Ret / Prot Paladin - Officer

<Burning Dawn> 2 day a week raiding schedule

Cleared Highmaul on Mythic pre HFC, Cleared 7 / 10 Mythic BRF.

Transferred to Kazzak and joined <consanguineus> during Hellfire Citadel 13 / 13 Mythic

Legion:

Ret / Prot paladin (officer and partial raid leader)

Emerald Nightmare 7/7M
Trial of Valor 3/3 M
Nighthold 10/10M
Tomb of Sargeras 8/9 M
Antorus 10 / 11 mythic (across two characters - I also have 553 wipes on Argus, with the vast majority as Prot)

Previous Guilds:

Please see above for the guilds prior to legion:

I'm looking to leave due to a large number of people not wishing to continue and not showing up since we got the Argus kill. Tonight, we had 6 people not show up along with 2 sign offs, and people missing all week; we had 19 raiders to hand with one social in, and not the right composition to do Argus.

Availability:

Evenings between 19:30 - 00:00. If projects are due I have the capability to work from home which wont interfere with raiding; the only feasible time I may be late for a raid would be due to severe traffic on the motorway.

Communication:

Yes, I'm one of the primary raid leaders in the current guild.

Computer / Connection:

70 mb download Virgin media. No FPS issues, currently running with an AMD R9 390 GPU; I'm planning on upgrading soon however as its not urgent I will probably wait until Black Friday sales.

Addons/UI:

bigwigs, phoenixstyle (for raiding leading primarily) Exorsus raid tools and weak auras for raiding.

Other Games:

Beyond WoW, Primarily Battlefield and Total War Attila

Why Iron Edge?

Raiding 3 days a week is getting a bit much for me now, 2 days would be perfect for me to continue raiding and your days and times suit me perfectly.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Experienced end game raider, with a history of clearing end tier content, professional and level headed with the ability to contribute to strategy.

Taking a step back from raid leader and being able to focus solely on my own performance will also allow me to up my numbers.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress and in trade.

Last Words?

I'd be more than happy to have a chat with one of you guys on Discord if you'd like to know more.

June 03, 2018, 10:41:29 pm
Reply #1

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Ciscero
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 10:41:29 pm »
Hm, decent app. But I gotta say: Total War Attila? I don't know about that man

June 03, 2018, 10:47:47 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 10:47:47 pm »
Someone who plays battlefield! I'm excited.

I'm not against the idea of bringing in another experienced tank. Let me go check in with our resident main tank (he's very territorial)
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

June 03, 2018, 11:13:26 pm
Reply #3

Offline Moghoulkhan

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 11:13:26 pm »
Bigwigs. Excellent.

June 03, 2018, 11:54:47 pm
Reply #4

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 11:54:47 pm »
Hey Ciscero,
As Rash said; it would be nice to have another experienced Tank, even if it is potentially as offspec.
I've had a look at your armory and wowprgress but ofcourse that can only tell me so much but I do like what I see so far.
Would you mind going into a bit of detail on your tanking mindset in mythic raiding environment as a protection paladin and your stat prio, rotation, gear choice and what-not for us, please.
Thanks,
Creepy Sam aka Shimmar

June 04, 2018, 12:04:59 am
Reply #5

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 12:04:59 am »
Another big wigs user good job man we shall push out these scruby dbm users one by one
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

June 04, 2018, 01:17:46 pm
Reply #6

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 01:17:46 pm »
Hi Ciscero/Dave,

Are we talking Ciscero the Washington rapper or Ciscero the Greek politician and lawyer whos influence on Latin changed the history of Latin prose?  Or is it because you think Ciscero sounds badass?  Interestingly, Marcus Tullius Ciscero's surname comes from the Latin for chickpea, cicer.  Doesn't sound so badass now does it chickpea!  Haha! 

Your guild history is pretty extensive, almost 2 guilds per expansion.  What are your plans for BfA?  Would your intention be to raid with us or are you after an Argus kill with a guild fairly close so it doesn't feel like a boost?  What's your position on the Argus mount?  Something you desperately want? Is it fair for us to ask you to pass considering you have just joined? Would you see it fair of us if we were to ask you to pass?

Having been a raid leader for this expansion how do you feel about following instruction rather than giving them?  Can you describe your leadership style?

Can you provide logs of your DPS performance for review?

Watch those Black Friday deals, frequently you can find products cheaper throughout the year than on Black Friday itself, pesky corporations try to take ypur money by hook or by crook!

Cheers,

Tutan

June 04, 2018, 02:12:25 pm
Reply #7

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 02:12:25 pm »
One thing i would like to ask you is, you say that protection is your off spec? Going by warcraft logs you only have 74 traits in your weapon, did you play alot of protection or was it just for argus?

best of luck
Andy
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:14:37 pm by dráani »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

June 06, 2018, 03:08:57 pm
Reply #8

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 03:08:57 pm »
This dude has joined a different guild. Rude not even to let us know.

Declined.

June 06, 2018, 11:29:34 pm
Reply #9

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 11:29:34 pm »
I actually raided with this guy back in Burning Dawn, cant remember a lot of him, but the name and class did sound familiar...
Nevermind

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:40:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

82 Guests, 0 Users