Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Beerpigs (XR)

June 06, 2018, 02:39:06 am
Read 2975 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Beerpigs
Server: Twisting Nether
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Twisting%20Nether/Beerpigs/advanced
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name's Cameron - im 20 years old and I'm from Scotland. I am self employed - PC technician/financial advisor - my job doesn't cut in to raid times and let's me play wow a lot. I've been to uni for Maths.

Class/Spec:

I like to play my Demon hunter and DK. I would consider my DH my main, having killed Argus with it, also it being the most geared(980) I play both specs - I've tanked and DPSed Argus, Aggramar and most of the bosses. I play a lot of mythic plus(tanking mainly) on both characters. My DK is 970 and i only tank on it- i used it for Aggramar Mythic. I prefer to DPS on DH as i find it fun and enjoy hitting high numbers- if i have to tank a mythic boss i prefer to do it on DK and i love tanking on DK - the play style suits me.

For my DH dps I prioritize crit>mastery and keep between 12-16 haste - I look for gear pieces with high crit and mastery offstat(for when coining/m+ing). I sim new gear/potential upgrades using raidbots to see what would be an upgrade. I have made sure I look up crucible weights and keep 7x critical chaos. I know how to open and when's best to use eye beam/save for AOE - check logs for the best spec for boss fights eg. chaos blades on Kin'garoth.

Alts:

bearpigs-sylvanas 110 965 bear/resto
beerpig-ravencrest 110 960 prot/ret paladin
skúlk-sylvanas 110 965 assa rogue
ungeared 110 shaman
ungeared 110 mage

Professions:

I've got BS on my main 2 simply for court of stars trap. I've got the fel devourer harness thing for BS. I keep cooking/first aid/fishing at max on at least 1 character as well usually. I make flasks and herb on my druid.

Raiding Experience:

I came back to the game in late WOD, cleared up to Mannoroth M tanking before pre-patch. I have gotten cutting edge for every boss this expansion- I was raiding casually/team 2 in IPug then moved into the main raid at star augur progress in nighthold - I was either DPSing or tanking on my bear- simply because bear was OP at the time. During tomb I mainly DPSed but came on my bear tank just for KJ as bear was utterly broken and pretty much a necessity. We were rank 156 at the end of tomb. I was constantly swapping between dps/tank.

Previous Guilds:

I was in IPug for roughly 2 years- the GM quit the game and we disbanded pretty much. A trusted officer of that guild then took us all over to another guild - Drive - I didnt know much about the guild but soon learned that the GM was pretty devious and I did not enjoy him leading us (he stole the mount after we killed Argus among other deceptions). I then moved to Horde as most of the m+ players were moving there - and I joined Sanity with a couple of friends - I trialed in their main raid and cleared the raid again but upon learning that the guild aims to go semi-hardcore and raid up to 6 days a week I had to take a step back and remain a social. I am still in this guild.

Availability:

I am free and have a totally flexible schedule - nothing major planned I can think of - I will probably have visitors from another country at some point in July but that wouldn't affect my raiding.

Communication:

I have a good quality mic/headset i use all day - I use TS3 and am a Native English speaker.

Computer / Connection:

My internet is stable, I have the best available fibre in my area, I average 30-40 ms on wow. I build PCs for a living so aye my computer is pretty beasty.

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/18DPbmw
I use Elvui, Bigwigs, Angry Assignments, Weakauras 2, RClootcouncil if needed, Details and Exorsus raid tools. I use Bigwigs, Exorsus and Weakauras for all raid timers. Weakauras helps me with tracking buffs/debuffs for optimising my output/tracking defensives. AA is just a help for remembering rotations for raid cooldowns/soak orders etc. Details allows me to analyse all of the data from fights, whether it be wanting to know how I/a raid member took damage, what damage type a spell is, how much something hits for, how a death occured or any other analysis that needs to be carried out. Loot council is just used if the raid distributes their loot in that manner and is up to the RL.
I use a mouse with 1-12 on the side for the thumb - 0,n+,n- are 10,11,12 on my mouse - the top row is shift+1,2,3 etc.

Other Games:

I play Civ, League, Hots, Overwatch and I own a bunch of steam games I'll play once in a blue moon. I will play mostly anything. Chess too if that counts.

Why Iron Edge?

From what I've heard from Andy/Bendie it seems like a fun place, with a group of banterous people. I greatly enjoy both of their company and I'd imagine it would be much of the same within the guild. Raiding 2 days is something I would really like, I don't care if it takes a while to kill the last boss but just the time investment of 2 days strikes me as a good amount, and I feel that having fun whilst being in a guild is more important than raiding 5 days or whatever trying to bash out boss kills.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm a social guy with a good sense of humour, I enjoy good banter and black humour. I'd like to be involves in the social aspect and think I would fit in. I am also a capable player and there shouldn't be any problems there, I can be flexible and do whatever the raid needs.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Andy/Bendie

Last Words?

If you feel there is anything I have missed out or are intrigued and wish to ask me anything, feel free to message me on Battle.net: beerpigs#2226 or Discord: Cameron#6232.

June 06, 2018, 08:58:50 am
Reply #1

Offline dráani

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Beerpigs (XR)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 08:58:50 am »
Ive known Cameron for a while now, amazing tank and his dps is slightly  better than mine. Also his communication skills are far better than mine so dont hold the scottish accent against him(from the posh part of scotland). Overall i can vouch for him.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:46:46 am by dráani »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

June 06, 2018, 10:40:51 pm
Reply #2

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 10:40:51 pm »
Did mythic plus with Cameron; he is better chat than Andy.  Seems a solid player too

June 07, 2018, 11:20:25 am
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 11:20:25 am »
You can poke an officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:45:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 0 Users