Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Zerakk

July 29, 2018, 01:51:41 pm
Read 4019 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Zerakk
« on: July 29, 2018, 01:51:41 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Zerakk
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Zerakk/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Im a 27 year old Dude from sweden that are working on a Chemistry lab doing routine analysis of Environmental samples. I work the night shift basicly controling and having responsibility for Over night analysis for some top end customers.

During my off hours I try and spend alot of time with family and squeezing WoW in there aswell :)

Class/Spec:

I play all 3 warlock speccs depending on situation and performace during an encounter/raid tier.
All 3 speccs have different strengths and weeknesses. Current BFA beta tuning is pushing us towards Destro for the start of the expansion but that might change before release. (Demo is the wild card, Aff usually needs some gear lvls to get going if history is to repeat itself)

My gear lvl is irrelevant. Im applying for BFA raiding :) (and its pretty much Shit for legion)

Now in the prepatch things are abit iffy at best. and alot might change when we hit capp in BFA. but I do play all 3 speccs ofc. they all have different strenghts. Destro is awesome when cleaving and would be a perfect choice in those type of fights when u can use Havoc to its full potential. Affliction is great for multi doting and in the end of legion has some great single target DPS. Where the new Demo fitts in we will have to wait and see how BFA content shapes out. But it has some great single target potential (with abit of setting up) but lacks alot of AoE DPS.

Atm stat wise  for overall performance.
Affliciton int>haste>mastery>crit>vers
Destro: int>crit=haste >vers>mastery
Demo: int >haste>mastery>crit>vers

This also depends on situation and your current gear. To min/max to the fullest I run regular simulations. using simcraft.
I think some of the new Azerite traits will hopefully tilt your playstyle in one direction. So its possible to efficiently gear out your character for the encounter.

The basic priority list for a lock is truly simple. Keep dots up use ur big nuke spell and fill ur time with Shadow bolt/incenerate. manageing ur Shards is where you truly shine. there is nothing more fun then trying to get the biggest Death bolt hit u just can using your shards for UA efficiently and setting up for a period of dishing out insane dmg. same goes for Destro with Havoc and Chaos bolts. or the new Demo with Demonic tyrant and building a imp army covering the entire floor.

The key to great DPS with the Warlock is positioning(we lack alot of mobility). knowledge of the encounter and set up.

When it comes to talents that is also dependant on encounter and situation. we have some great choices for both Single target and Aoe fights. What will be the go to will most likely change in BFA.

Alts:

I have all classes at max lvl and I intend to bring atleast 2 of them to max lvl come BFA. I have however not decided on which 2 classes that will be right now :)

Professions:

I will be running with herb/alch for the start of BFA to get some income and have all the consumables i will basicly need for the first few weeks of Gearing up/raiding.

Raiding Experience:

I have been raiding on and off since vanilla. in Vanilla I cleared everything up to four horsemen in Naxx. in TBC I cleared everything upp to BT. WOTLK everything up to ICC.
Cataclysm i started getting more IRL and that xpac pretty much sucked so I did no raiding.
MoP I Cleared everything to  12/13 SoO HC before prepatch.

In WoD and legion things have been patchy. Mostly becuase of Real life work and family keeping me from 100% commiting to a raiding schedule during the week. been working crazy hours together with family and WoW does not mix well. But I did raid for the beginning tiers of each expansion and did clear 4-5 bosses mythic before deciding to retire cuz it was way to stressfull to try and mix it in with real life. During the end of MoP and beginning of WoD I was also the Raid leader for a semi hardcore guild just requiring way to much out of my time. The mentality of the guild I played in was also to push further and longer for each Tier.

Previous Guilds:

back in vanilla/TBC i Raided in a guild called Vicious on Shattered hand. They disbanded after TBC.
In Wotlk I created my own guild and we cleared everything but fell apart during ICC.

Cataclysm I was guildless. (I baiscly hit capp did a few pugs hated the expansion and quit the game)

MoP and the beginning of WoD I was the Raid leader and Healing officer for In Progress on Sylvanas. I got burned out maneging a raid while trying to juggle everything in real life around aswell. So I had to step down and quit raiding after the first tier in WoD. (I stayed as a Social in In Progress and joined some Alt runs and what not untill they disbanded)

In Legion I never got into a stable guild. I raided in Björnligan (I think it was called that) in the beginning of the expansion but I had to step down cuz I changed position at work and went over to Night shift. They disbanded shortly after that and I did not bother to find a new guild. Been pugging away since then (ohh its a horrible jungle out there in pug city)

Availability:

Since Im working Night shift my playtime differes alot from "normal" I usually work between 20-2200 -- 05-0700. This means I play from maybe 1400-1800 and from 0700-0900  during weekdays and the weekends i play afternoons and late late nights cuz of my Day routine :) This also means im 110% not available to raid during the weekdays (mon-Thurs) ever. Except for Early morning raids? anyone? :P

Communication:

English is a not issue. and I do have Ts and can both listen and speak.

Computer / Connection:

Im usually running around 200+ FPS no matter what situation I am in ingame and my internet is a 100/100 mb fiber. (an ms of about 25-30 all the time) should be no issues whatsoever. I havent disconnected (other then the server instability) for a long period of time. But as with everything I cant garantuee that it wont happen from time to time.

Addons/UI:

For raiding specifically Id say bigwigs. I have in the past also used some raid cooldown maneging addons but I have none at the moment.

My Ui is a modification of elvui. and for Procs/cds/ basicly all kind of tracking I use Weak auras.

My Ui: https://imgur.com/a/TpoBjd3

Other Games:

At the moment its just overwatch.

Why Iron Edge?

It looks to be exactly what Im looking for. a weekend raiding guild that still manages to get some progression in.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A raid member that strives to improve and be prepared. I always  do everything to make my Character the best it can be. Checking logs/ reading up tactics and always bringing my full potential when its raid time. I constantly check logs and try and find points to improve on. Im also a very relaxed and chill dude that plays cuz its fun and a wipe or 2 does not bring my morale down :)

Also I give out free healthstones and summon stones for the lazies out there :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

An old Raiding buddy mentioned you guys to me (Lesley)

Last Words?

The damn dog is cute!

July 29, 2018, 03:50:21 pm
Reply #1

Offline Ommadon

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Zerakk
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 03:50:21 pm »
Which classes have you been playing in previous expansions? I see that you haven't been raiding on this character
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 03:52:39 pm by Ommadon »

July 29, 2018, 05:52:38 pm
Reply #2

Offline Zerack

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 05:52:38 pm »
I have been raiding on alot of different character. but yea Nothing on That warlock. Vanilla and TBC I raided on a Warrior and hunter. Those characters are not on my Current account. In wotlk I did the last few tiers on a shaman (the shaman is not around anymore) and the beginning on a warlock named Greeken on Shattered hand. That Character is still on my account.

For the later expansions I did Raiding on my Priest Zerackee on Kazzak, Zeerakk my Holy paladin, and Zerackk my Rogue.

My Priest was my Main character from MoP and beginning WoD. I started as a Rogue in Legion but my guild needed a Holy paladin so I stepped up and rerolled, mostly since I already had lvled the damn thing to 110.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/zerackee/pve
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/shattered-hand/Greeken
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Zerackk
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/Zeerakk

July 30, 2018, 04:21:23 pm
Reply #3

Offline Ironsoul

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 04:21:23 pm »
Hi there,
Thanks for applying.

How do you feel about mythic progression in a 1 day guild? are you ready for "endless" hours progression on certain bosses?

And if you had to choose between Apple Pie and Chocolate Pie, what would you pick?
^ a deal breaker question.

July 30, 2018, 05:20:48 pm
Reply #4

Offline Zerack

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 05:20:48 pm »
I have no Issue with being stuck or only doing Progress bosses for endless of weeks in a row. Progression is what I find fun. Doing content on "farm" is a means to an end.

Id have to go with apple pie. Chocolate does not belong in a pie :P

July 30, 2018, 05:37:57 pm
Reply #5

Offline Ironsoul

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 05:37:57 pm »
That's the right attitude, farming is boring, progressing is fun.

Due to lack of logs and raiding on your lock, i can't really comment on that section.

Good luck with your app.

P.S: you fail, apple pie is shit.

July 30, 2018, 08:37:21 pm
Reply #6

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 08:37:21 pm »
Hello Zerakk.

I do like your attitude as well. I also like your choice in pies.
Pies are supposed to be refreshing. That's why they're usually filed with fruit and/or whipped cream.

Anyway,I'd like to offer you a trial. Poke any officer for an invite. Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:52:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 0 Users