Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Slackypriest

August 01, 2018, 11:46:08 pm
Read 2386 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Slackypriest
« on: August 01, 2018, 11:46:08 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Slackypriest
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Slackypriest/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello Iron Edge
My name is Noach but everyone calls me Slacky, not because I'm a slacker but because most of my in-game characters start with Slacky... I'm 20 years old and live in Belgium ( I'd say where but nobody knows where it is so I'm skipping that part ). I am an ingeneering student specialized in the construction of roads.

Class/Spec:

I played discipline from the day I made the character. I always loved raiding as a disc because it's not like the other healing classes. I love the thought of preventing damage instead of raw healing and that's the reason I stayed with disc. I gave the other specs a real shot, I tried raiding with them and succeeded. But nothing felt as good as putting shields on people and damaging the boss to do so. My ilvl is not even worth mentioning since I just came back to WoW.

I'd love to tell u all about how disc priest work, what rotation I use and stat prio's I have. But this won't prove that I know how to heal. All of this info can be found online, most of the people copy past this information on the application. I don't believe in things like that, I believe in proving yourself with deeds and not words. I get that you need some sort of proof that I am good and undedrstand my class and spec. But isn't the best way to do so to take a leap of Faith and let my previous progress speak for itself?

Alts:

At the start of legion I knew I wasn't going to do any kind of raiding, so I leveled up my retri pala ( Palachuuu ). I feel confident that I am a decent player as a paladin. I had a high output for my low ilvl and understood the rotation and knew when to use the many cd's.

Professions:

I currently have enchanting and jewelcrafting, I always found the bonusses provided by those 2 very good. And if I or any other raid member got a new piece of gear, I could enchant and gem it ASAP so they could use it at next pull.

Raiding Experience:

My wow experience started at the end of cata, where I outgrew a friend of me who introduced me to the game in progress. I started out as a rogue but grew tired of the class fast, when MOP hit I tried a new class. The character I'd raid with for a long time was born and named Slackypriest. I hardcore raided trough MOP, casual raided trough warlords and had to stop due to some IRL problems. When legion hit, I knew I wasn't able to raid so just played casual and enjoyed the new content as a social. I've always been a healer during progress raids and switched to shadow for trials to prove themself in non-progress raids.
I mostly had a high role in the guild, from officer to healing-officer ( where I had to recruit, train , roster and position the healers in every encounter we faced). I think my proudest moment was when I solo healed a 25m hc sha in the SoO encounter and downed Garrosh hc and recieved my mount .

Previous Guilds:

It's been so long that I don't remember most of my guilds. There was a period that every guild I got in disbanded cuz of the lack of players ( speaking about 5+ ).

Availability:

I don't do a lot besides going to school. I do have some upcomming exams: 17/08 , 21/08 , 22/08 , 03/09 and 06/09 and a trip 12/09 till 19/09. except for that I am free every night of every week.

Communication:

I consider myself an accomplished English speaker, I do have TS3 and many other communication programs if needed. I used to explain tacts as an officer and never had any problems with that. And to be fair, who applies for a guild and doesn't have a mic?

Computer / Connection:

Speedtest: http://vub.speedtestcustom.com/result/3a5f7cc0-95d1-11e8-a9ae-496a7b6aa4d8
I have a MSI Apache Pro, never had lower thn 60FPS, my internet is amazing and never had problems with disconnecting or anything else.

Addons/UI:

Details
Domino's
Pitbull unit frames
Skada
Weak Auras
Spell Flash Core
DMB

Other Games:

Mostly GTA5, nothing else really or maybe for a few hours but nothing hardcore

Why Iron Edge?

The first thing that caught my eye when I saw your guild on Wowprogress was definitely your progress. I know that this guild has an amazing mindset, roster and attitude and that's what a guild needs to make it far. But the part that really spoke to me about this guild was when I looked trough some of the other applications is the friendlyness of everyone, that every person can say/ ask anything and their voice is heard by the guild.
I've been looking for a guild for a while now and have been actively scrolling trough pages and pages of other guilds and it didn't take me long to decide that this was the right guild for me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer Iron Edge a lot, as a veteran hard core raider I've seen and done it all. I worked my way up from trial to officer and know what it is like to be in every position. I know how important it is to work your way up, to prove everytime that you deserve to have a spot here. It's not because one gets promoted he/she is sure to keep it. I'll prove myself every pull that if I get  the spot you made the right choise by picking me. And if wanted to explain tacts, to help around coordinating the raid/guild/events etc.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I saw this guild on wow-progress after taking a good look I knew this guild was the ONE.

Last Words?

I know you don't have a lot to go on, a random guy with nothing but words and achievements showing up and asking for a CHANCE. That's right, all I ask for is a chance, to prove how good I am and to prove that I deserve a spot.

Thank you already, not only for reading this but also for taking the time to do so.

August 02, 2018, 12:24:52 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Slackypriest
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 12:24:52 pm »
Hi Slack priest,

While you haven't much activity in legion, do you have any kill videos or logs from past expansions?

Good luck on the application and I'm sure our officers will come forward with any questions they have.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 02, 2018, 07:29:02 pm
Reply #2

Offline slackypriest

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 07:29:02 pm »
This is the only log I could find , sorry
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tokk1zojc1v0ttd1/

August 03, 2018, 05:28:26 pm
Reply #3

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 05:28:26 pm »
Hi Slacky,

Unfortunately you're not quite what we're looking for and i'm going to decline this application.
Goodluck on your search

Lethys
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:05:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

71 Guests, 4 Users
Deodu, Wali, Liquidroom, Shimmar