Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Felmísty

August 08, 2018, 10:44:58 am
Read 2627 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Felmísty
« on: August 08, 2018, 10:44:58 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Felmísty
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Felm%C3%ADsty/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

My name is Juha Ottelin and im a 34 yo Master of technology from Finland working in the field of industrial additive manufacturing.

Class/Spec:

This is my old main character from the days of WoD. In Legion I mained rogue while raiding.
I am planning on maining retribution with protection as offspec for 5mans.

I personally prefer more the tanking style of play nowadays, but naturally I understand that tanking spots are rare and as my raiding history is consisting almost solely on DPS play I will apply as Retribution.

Paladin has gone through several changes in the years and it's current form in Retri is not the most complex of specs. Currently the main target is optimizing HoPo gain while prioritizing finishers with Judgmenment (and TV) buffs without overflowing.
Single target rotation prio at the moment is : WoA -> BoJ -> Judge -> HoW -> CS

At the current state the prioritized secondary stats are: Haste >> Crit=Versa=Mastery.

Alts:

I have my old main rogue and even older main shaman also on Kazzak, but I'm not planning on spending much time on them in near future.

Professions:

I will most likely go for Engineering and Enchanting in BfA.

Raiding Experience:

I have played since Beta and raided starting from MC in several guilds during the past years.
I've only missed progress raiding during MoP and Cataclysm when I was taking a break from the game.

Highest achievment I would rank the world 120th Kil'Jaeden kill in Coalescence during Burning Crusade days.

Latest raiding experience is from Fang on Kazzak, with who I raided for almost 2 years with my rogue Felmisti for Mythic Progress.

Generally, I'm used to high requirements of standards in terms of play and preparation for raids.

I've always played DPS in progress raiding.

Previous Guilds:

My active raiding ended in December 2016, just before Nighthold was released. This was due to the fact that my irl situation simply could not support the 4 day raiding schedule anymore and as raiding has been the main goal for me in WoW, I decided to put my account on ice for the time being.

All my characters are still in Fang as Socials.

Availability:

I work on normal 9-17 office hours and so I am generally available on most nights for some hours.

Communication:

I can communicate well in English verbally and in written form and I do have TS3 with mic and the willingness to use it.

Computer / Connection:

I have upgraded my computer recently and I am running with steady 100 FPS. This is not an issue.
The internet connection is stable and the latency is low.

Addons/UI:

DBM, WeakAuras, Skada, ElvUI

DBM has been the staple of raid mechanic tool addons for years. Additional Addons such as Exorsus raidtools etc have been added on when needed in the past.

WeakAuras is simply amazing, as the customization of the UI for important CDs and procs is limitless.

DPS bindings are simple. All utility skills (Blessings etc.) are on Mouseover macros.
Link to UI:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IurSDE12aQOghw55ZUfxpsfnMfmq5NrJ

Other Games:

Currently I play Hearthstone and on time to time new releases when I have the spare time. WoW is currently my go-to game when BfA hits.

Why Iron Edge?

I love raiding, but I simply don't have the time to continue with the hard push of 4+ days a week for progress. Thus, I am looking for a bunch of similar people who like the game and want to raid on solid level of progress but do so with much more limited schedule.

My irl friend from Fang who I raided with, Daishi, is also facing similar situation and has also applied to your guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

An experienced and capable player who can pull the numbers to earn his spot in the roster.  

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Daishi found your guild and referred it to me.

Last Words?

Hope to see you guys in BfA!

-Juha

August 09, 2018, 09:12:07 am
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Felmísty
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 09:12:07 am »
Hello Felmísty.

I'm glad your app can hold its own and i think you'd make a nice addition to the weekend raid.

You can poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

August 09, 2018, 09:44:01 am
Reply #2

Offline Felmisty

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Felmísty
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:44:01 am »
Hey there!

And thank you! See you online :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:19:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

79 Guests, 0 Users