Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Manahaze

August 11, 2018, 06:38:26 pm
Read 3461 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Manahaze
« on: August 11, 2018, 06:38:26 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Manahaze
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Manahaze/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Matt, i'm a 25 year old "pædagog" student living in Copenhagen, Denmark. I can't translate the name of my education to English as there is no equivalent. It basically qualifies me to work with all sorts of people, everything from mentally disabled people to kindergarten children / school kids.

Class/Spec:

During Legion i've preferred playing fire, as that was what i found most entertaining, i can play all mage specs though and optimize all my specs so i can swap depending on the fight, my role and any given assignments during the boss encounter.

I'm using raidbots.com mixed with Pawn to optimize my character and find what best suits my character in the given spec. I don't see a point in telling you all about my rotation as a mage, as it's all changed during my 4 months absence. It's all changing towards BFA with the removal of artifact, change of talents and the incoming of azerite gear.
If you are in any way in doubt about my capabilities as a mage, feel free to send me a whisper in game or check my logs (Manahaze or Closcius as i namechanged during Antorus)

Alts:

I see no reason of listing my alts and their ilvls here as we are so close to BFA but i got all classes 110 and would be able to level / gear them quickly if it's needed during progress and for specific encounters! I've got a good understanding of all classes mechanics and i've never had any issues playing other classes than my main in raids if it fits the roster that day.

Professions:

I've had my mage since Vanilla and picked enchanting and tailoring back then, i've never had a reason to change my professions and i do keep them up to date. I really like having enchanting and keeping that optimized so i can enchant items during raids if i get an upgrade and help guildies get enchanted. I'm in no way a cheap person and in no way do i expect payment from guildies when providing enchants / pots / food / flasks etc. if someone forgets or runs out.

Raiding Experience:

TBC:
Grull's lair and Karazhan cleared (my first raiding experiences)

WotLK:
Naxx 10 and 25M 15/15 (Resto Shaman)
Sartharion 10 and 25 (Resto Shaman)
Malygos 10 and 25 (Resto Shaman)
Ulduar 9/14 (Resto Shaman)
ToC 5/5 HC (Mage)

I then took a break and returned in late MoP and cleared 14/14M SoO as a Hpala when Mythic came out.

WoD:
HM 3/7M (mage)
BRF 6/10M (mage)
HFC 13/13M (Mage and Hpala)

Legion:
EN 6/7M (mage)
ToV 2/3M (mage)
NH 9/10M (mage)
ToS 8/10M (mage) missed the one raid we killed avatar, also progressed KJ
Antorus 9/11M (mage)
Yes, Legion was a hard expansion for my guild as we struggled to keep our roster together, and so our progress suffered

Previous Guilds:

I've just been in the Danish guild ❮UniteÐ❯ since the beginning of Legion (joined just after NH release) but the guild fell apart as we struggled to keep our roster together, and the management burned out.
Before that i was in the guild <Pendulum> where i was an officer, i was in that guild for the entirety of WoD untill EN. i left that guild because the guild master didn't know how to run the guild, he returned after a 6 months absence and changed EVERYTHING that me and the officer team had build, the main roster then fell apart and we were all pushed out, the guild is no longer raiding.
Before that i was on and off in small newly started guilds which fell apart as fast as they started.
During TBC and WotLK i played in two guilds on the Stormrage realm <Dark Knights> and <Wombles of the World>

Availability:

I'm not the type of person who has a lot of absence for raids, you will see me have 90%+ attendance, I wont have any hard exams untill spring time next year, when i'm finishing school.

About holidays: I wont be playing the first week of BFA due to me going on a vacation with friends who don't play WoW, and didn't plan around expansion release (Unfortunately :D). But i will return strong around the 23rd and will power lvl and do everything in my power to get ready for the opening of the raid gearwise and consumablewise!  

Communication:

I've never had any complaints about my English not being understandable, i always listen during raids, and give my 2 cents worth, if i feel like there's room for it. I'm very active during raids, and will always be vocal if needed.

Computer / Connection:

I got no issues with lagg / fps, and speedtest shows 30down and 60up, i don't have random DC's etc.

Addons/UI:

Bigwigs (obviously)
WA (to keep track of boss mechanics, class procs / status of abilities)
Elvui (I feel like it's what i can most easily use to optimize my UI for raiding without having to install 100 different addons)
Angry Assignments / Exorsus Raid tools (for cross coordination in raids, my guess is that the two or at least one of them is mandatory for your raiders)
Pawn (to keep track of upgrades / current stat prios)
Skada (to keep track of everything)

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/0zJIhCy

Other Games:

In the past year i've played
Warcraft 3 (mostly TD's)
Diablo 3
Hearthstone
Overwatch
Pubg
Civ 5 & 6
CS:GO

Why Iron Edge?

I'm returning to WoW after a well deserved break of 4 months, (been subscribed and raiding steadily since 2013 - no breaks) and i'm looking for a new home where i can raid and play the game that i enjoy.
You've been a steady guild for a long time, and it seems like your management isn't about to quit! I'm looking for a place where i can stay for the foreseeable future, i'm not the kind of person who really enjoys hopping between guilds or searching for new guilds, i prefer a team of players who know eachother and don't mind someone new joining their ranks!

And of course because you raid 2 days a week - which is ideal for me and my raiding needs! :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a steady player, with lots of game experience. I'm willing to learn, and love getting constructive criticism from both players and my own personal logs, i like to improve!
I'm a very social player and love doing stuff with my guild outside of raids aswell as inside raids, i'm always up for random M+, achievement hunting, PvP, HC clears etc.
You will get a dedicated player on your roster!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I heard about you from an IRL friend who was in your guild shortly, (Johnnybb) and i've been following you on Wowprogress for a while.

Last Words?

Hope everything you need to know is answered in the application above, if not. Don't hesitate to whisper me in-game, send me a mail, contact me on Discord - Mathhh#2762 or in comments on this application! :) Hope to hear from you soon, and hope i found a new home in WoW! :)

August 11, 2018, 07:22:44 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Manahaze
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 07:22:44 pm »
Hi Manahaze,

Could you please provide your logs that you have, so that the officers may be able to make a decision on the application.

I cant recollect personally a player named Johnnybb in Iron Edge, was he named differently or on  a different character back then?

Otherwise nice application, good luck.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 11, 2018, 09:49:10 pm
Reply #2

Offline Manahaze

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 09:49:10 pm »
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/manahaze?mode=detailed&zone=17#partition=1&

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/closcius?mode=detailed&zone=17#partition=1&

I think he was playing rogue back then, his name could've been Johnnyr, he was with you during EN, not really sure though, and it's not important tbh :P

August 11, 2018, 10:00:30 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 10:00:30 pm »
Hi Manahhaze,

Thanks for the reply and glad you got the forum access sorted out, that explains why im not familiar with him then, as i was unavailable at start of Legion.

Good luck on the apply.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 11, 2018, 10:01:06 pm
Reply #4

Offline Manahaze

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 10:01:06 pm »

August 15, 2018, 10:39:49 am
Reply #5

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 10:39:49 am »
Hiyo Manahaze,

I am sorry for the time it took to get back to you on this. Unfortunately the current roster is packed with mages, and I will therefore be declining your application. Best of luck with finding a raiding guild  :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

August 15, 2018, 12:07:33 pm
Reply #6

Offline Manahaze

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 12:07:33 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me, too bad that you had to decline my application.
Good luck to you guys in BFA. :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:34:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

71 Guests, 2 Users
Shimmar, hemoroidtv