Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Aiyz

August 13, 2018, 02:03:19 pm
Read 2690 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Aiyz
« on: August 13, 2018, 02:03:19 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Aiyz
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Aiyz/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Tomasz, 29, Poland, chemical engineering graduate, manufacturing proccesses optimisation consultant and also coach/mentor/teacher for pre final exam pupils at primary school.

Class/Spec:

Frost/Fire depending on the encounter.

I would very much like to shorten this answer to that follow icy-veins for quick overview and altered-time for in-depth research.

Frost: keep your shit on cd and dont suck with procs and shatters.
Fire: keep your shit on cd and dont suck with hotstreaks and combustions.

Important note: I always set up a set of auras with POWA that assist me in rotation, cooldowns, procs and decision making. All this around my char so that I can always look at my char never to 'stand in the fire'.

Alts:

Warlock @ 110 and it will be my primary alt, might roll it for the next tier. Also Priest, Warrior @ ~100.

Professions:

Herbalism/Alchemy atm into Inscription/Alchemy into Tailoring/Alchemy after getting DMF trinket, for gear and cause I like to spam potions.

Raiding Experience:

I started playing long ago so Ill limit myself to notable stuff.

I started as a warrior tank. I raid led a Zul Aman group and got everyone the mount. I tanked Illidan.
Then I rolled priest and as holy/shadow got one of server first Ulduar Glory pre Mimiron nerf. I did Mimiron HM as holy and Algalon as shadow. I was in a top 300 guild at around LK as shadow.
Then I joined Apex where I got world 20th Ragnaros kill as shadow. Can prove.
Then I rolled mage and went casual for MOP, almost skipped WOD and played casual/pug during Legion.

I kicked, kited, soaked, focused and did other raid encounter specific stuff before and dont have any problem with being assigned to it.

I got some around 1,9k as a priest in 2s back then. Did a lot of 2s skirmishing and Im looking forward to duel skirmishes on my mage. I know the value of PvP experience for PvE and even though Im not too much into PvP I do my homework. You get more awareness, perceptivity and responsivity that increase your personal skill.

Previous Guilds:

I was with the same people since the begining until halfway through WOTLK. Then Showdown (rank ~300) until Cata. Then Apex (top EU guild) at the time. I went casual due to RL catching up. In the end the guild disbanded. I was in some irrelevant places since then.

Availability:

Any day since 9pm, except for wednesday (since around 8pm), and sunday (since around 7pm). I already set up my schedule accordingly for your raid times. I expect myself to be avalable on every sunday except for yearly events (yearly holidays and family stuff). Already got it set up with my GF.

Communication:

Yes I am proficient in both written and spoken english. I have TS. I have a properly working headset. Most importantly I know when to shut up.

Computer / Connection:

In January this year I got a new PC: 8600k@4,7, 1080 so no FPS or PC delay issues. 30 ms. No disconnection or stability issues.

Also got: Razer Megalodon, and recently got Corsair Gaming K55 with 6 macro keys and Steelseries Rival 500 with 15 buttons. No idea what will I do with them yet.

Addons/UI:

Im a POWA lover so anything that I can do there i do there. Other than that I use ELVUI, DBM, Exorsus, Skada. Other than that I also use simc and pawn.

Heres some screen in combat that i found on the fly so you can get the idea about my POWA setup. I like it clean. It isnt a recent screenshot but it looks familiar. https://imgur.com/a/cpujPcX

I also set up a set of auras with POWA that make my personal DBM like stuff to assist me with raid mechanics. Like a huge aura on top of my screen to GTFO with a bomb or something or when to kick or not kick etc.

Other Games:

I like strategy/economic/rpg/tactical games. Currently I also play Cities Skylines and SC2 meele. Im a fan of Baldurs Gate, old XCom, new XCOM, HOMM3, Civilisation series, Total War series, any Blizzard game, prolly others too.

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking for a place that I could call my home in game. A stable, skilled, long lasting environment. I have been playing casual for a long time now. Joining some crap guilds or having no green chat at all takes away a lot of fun. I want to log in, have a funny chat, get some decent folks to do content with and above all I want to raid again on some decent level without bothering with PUGS or some failraids. Im looking for quality membership and raiding because I offer quality membership and raiding.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A fine dude to raid with and to do other content with who stays away from drama, doesnt go away without notice, comes prepared with gear tactics and consumables, isnt cheap and above all: values your time because he values his own time, because raiding is serious bussiness. Aka no funny wipes, no slacking, always corpse running, oriented on efficiency in raids, dungeons and preparations. On the other hand outside raids I welcome funny greenchat and TS.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found you through research on wowprogress. I searched guilds by rank and checked raiding times that fit me. Especially one day mythic raiding.

Last Words?

I have been lurking to make this app for around 2 months now. I talked with some priest of yours and he encouraged me to apply but you already stopped raiding so I withheld. Now I read that youre full which gave me a very very very sad face. Well, Im looking for a new home for real and reading about your guild and checking recruitment posts and chats it all gave me real positive vibes and I would like to apply anyway. I can accept sitting out and I dont have a problem with working my way to the top. I also been in the game for long enough to know that sooner or later the roster will rotate and a place will open up. I hope that youll accept me to let me be there with you when that happens.

August 13, 2018, 03:25:13 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Aiyz
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 03:25:13 pm »
Hello Tomasz.

It is a shame that you did not apply earlier. We've had quite a huge number of applicants even after we finished raiding, just so they'll have a stable home for BfA.

As you said, our team consists of 30+ people. I cannot offer you a raid spot at the moment.
That being said, i promise you that, if you join and manage to keep up to date with gear, reps and all that zazz, you'll be the first to join once we have room for a dps.

If that actually is ok with you, poke any officer for an invite!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:08:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 1 User
Oni