Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 PVP Application - Rogue (DPS/Healer) - Krrss

August 24, 2018, 11:04:49 pm
Read 4529 times

Applicant

PVP Application - Rogue (DPS/Healer) - Krrss
« on: August 24, 2018, 11:04:49 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a PVPer.

Character: Krrss
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Krrss/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: pvp

Personal Info:

Hey. My name is Kristoffer aged 24 living in Norway. Currently working as a carpenter in the local area. Living in my own house with my girlfriend :)

Class/Spec:

At this moment I changed my main to a rogue. Getting used to playing subtlety atm. Mostly because its a really fun class/spec. Part of the reason is because I have experience as a rogue from earlier expansions. Another reason is because shaman doesnt satisfy my needs in a mythic+ environment, and mythic+ is something that caught my interest for a while now. It's just a new fun aspect of the game. I might go back to healing at some point if needed.

Alts:

I should mention my old main, resto shaman currently named Swiftnezzx on Stormscale EU. I used to be healing the A-raid on Dunemaul from WOTLK - MoP. I have alot of experience as a healer both in PvE and PvP.

Professions:

On my rogue I picked up herbalism and alchemy just to get some extra gold and consumables for dungeons.

PvP Experience:

To start with I have always been interested in PvP, and done it as much as possible whenever I had some spare time after the raiding. Serious arena caught my interest back in WotLK. So I started off doing some mostly for fun. In the start Cataclysm I invested alot of time in the game, mostly because of the demand for healers in the A-raid. I got into an arena team with some decent players and we made it to 2793 or so rating in 3v3 as MLS, which qualified for gladiator. Played some 2v2 and 3v3 cleave comps/RLS etc.

Previous Guilds:

For this I need to go back to 2010. I have only been in "leveling guilds" after Iron Edge migrated from Dunemaul.

Availability:

I can make plans if needed.

Communication:

I dont have a problem communicating, mostly using discord atm but have ts3 installed.

System / Connection:

My computer is upgraded whenever needed so I dont have fps issues. Internet connection is stable on 66 ping at Kazzak. I have 20mbps connection for myself atm. Even though I'm never having problems with it they are working on upgrading the line to fiber. There are no provider disconnects every day/hour.

Addons/UI:

Since blizzard made their own raiding UI I have used this even for healing. I used to have bartender but now using original bars just that every single ability is keybound for all my characters. I do use details for damagemeter and standard DBM, complemented with different weakauras. Using MikScrollingCombatText for damage/healing numbers.

Other Games:

I casually play some CS:GO, PUBG whenever my friends are up to it. Not into playing too many different games at the same time.

Why Iron Edge?

Because I know the guild and what it can offer. I have had good memories from before when playing with this guild. The community has always been a strong and important part.

What I can offer Iron Edge:

I can offer a strong and versatile team player that is not afraid of helping out. I am always doing my best and willing to learn. I am a relaxed person with a sense of humour.

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

Known the guild since TBC.

Last Words:

I just want to play the game and have some fun ;)

August 25, 2018, 12:34:34 am
Reply #1

Offline Swiftnezz

• Guild Member

August 25, 2018, 11:45:09 am
Reply #2

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

Re: PVP Application - Rogue (DPS/Healer) - Krrss
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 11:45:09 am »
Hi There Krrss,

Thanks for your application. 

You mentioned that your looking to do PVP and focus on M+, rogues are very useful in Mythic + please can you provide some information of how you can see your class can add value in a Mythic dungeons, and one other thing you mentioned you dont look to raid, I know gear can come mythic + but from my expeirence you need a balance between access to raiding gear as well as mythic + as there with be some small ilvl differences unless you get some of those Gucci Titanforge items.

I know you have re-rolled but do you have any information that shows your DPS performance vs other rogues as in a mythic + scenario DPS is important to min/max where you can without actually dying as dying is the usual dead dps is no dps.

Thanks
Paul

August 25, 2018, 01:35:23 pm
Reply #3

Offline Swiftnezz

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 01:35:23 pm »
Hello. First of all I was thinking to apply as a social, but since I will be focusing on high M+ I saw a possibility to apply to this. PvP is something I see as a bonus if I can grab some time for it. However I do not know what your requirements are for M+ players. (Do you have regular times to play/push? do you have set teams etc...?)

About the raiding part I never said I didn't want to do raids. However I don't want to be part of a raiding team just now. I want to start off slightly more casual than I was back in WotLK. I know what it requires to be raiding 4-5 days a week. If possible I would be glad to join maybe as a backup if needed. Also I don't think you need to be a hardcore raider to succeed in M+.

I can try to explain you how I will make myself valuable in dungeons. To start off I am the type of player that always looks for improvement if there is any room for it, and there always is. Also if I play a new class or even spec, I am always making sure to be updated and making sure to use its full potential. No matter the class/talents I will seek a way to be valuable for a team as much as possible.

I am currently playing a rogue because I have always found it interesting and liked the playstyle. Now that BFA is out I realized the class is even more interesting with all specs currently being viable in dungeons. With my rogue I can add special value in mythic+ by offering insane ammounts of burst/priority target damage while also interrupting/controlling mobs. Rogues currently have the perfect toolkit for high M+ gameplay, the survival is also some of the strongest of the melee classes if played correctly. You can do crazy skips with shroud to get past the most time consuming trash mobs without letting the group die. At last I want to say I can play all the 3 specs, but I see that subtlety is most likely going to excel and be the most powerful in higher keys because of priority dmg, thats why I'm currently focused on it.

Not sure how I can show you my performance in numbers but I found just a random screenshot. Maybe not the most accurate dps check, but atleast its fresh and shows capability. This is just a Siege of Boralus run I did with Drjay and Adaqeu on their rogue alts. And yes they are geared.

August 25, 2018, 04:53:22 pm
Reply #4

Offline Swiftnezz

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 04:53:22 pm »
If any questions or more information - just ask me. If my rogue is online I will also answer in chat. Might be easier than listing everything here.

August 26, 2018, 04:20:41 pm
Reply #5

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 04:20:41 pm »
A rogue for me to play some occational RLS with sounds dope.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

August 26, 2018, 07:00:00 pm
Reply #6

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 07:00:00 pm »
If any questions or more information - just ask me. If my rogue is online I will also answer in chat. Might be easier than listing everything here.

no further questions at the moment, I will speak to the officers, but you answered what I needed to know, and your desire to be social/M+'er.

Thanks
Paul

August 29, 2018, 01:22:37 pm
Reply #7

Offline Swiftnezz

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 01:22:37 pm »
A rogue for me to play some occational RLS with sounds dope.

Some good old 3s could be fun to sharpen up my pvp skills again ^^

August 29, 2018, 09:15:56 pm
Reply #8

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 09:15:56 pm »
happy for you to be invited for a trial

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:22:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

33 Guests, 0 Users