Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mythic+ Application - Warrior (DPS) - Grennash

September 27, 2018, 12:08:25 pm
Read 4587 times

Applicant

Mythic+ Application - Warrior (DPS) - Grennash
« on: September 27, 2018, 12:08:25 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a Mythic+ member.

Character: Grennash
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Grennash/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: pvp

Personal Info:

Hello guys,

my name is Radek, I'm 28 years old and I come from southern moravia region of Czech republic. Used to be student, then came unexpected baby, need for work etc. so currently I'm working as civil engineer as full time job.

Class/Spec:

So, I will try to start from the begining :)

first character I ever created in WoW was this night elf warrior called Nasuada on some private server back in the days of vanilla wow, needless to say that I was terrible at the class back then. Then my friend came with idea to go play retail.

It was decided then, we jumped into retail at BWL patch on Drak'thul server and my character was again warrior, because I felt familiar with it :) only this time it was little gnome lady called Nammi which I played till release of Ulduar in Wotlk. By that time, my RL friends were gone from retail/wow, so I cancelled my subscription and stopped playing for year or 2.

Then some urge to try wow again came, but this time I went to play on few private servers like Dalaran-wow (wotlk - warrior again), Warmane (back then it was called molten wow I think, cata server - and among many other characters, there were my main, suprisingly warrior), Nostalrius (and as you probably can guess by now, I played warrior once again).

Somewhere between playing on those servers came legion preexpansion event and it seemed like good time to jump back into retail, I leveled my warrior to 110 and waited for Legion launch, but when Legion came I rerolled to DH and played him into some EN before I quit, because in the end, I didn't really like the aesthetics, story and overall many things about Legion and I only returned when antorus was already out, by then I took my warrior to 120, run some LFR and then BFA launch came.

And so far as BFA is concerned I'm having a blast playing arms warrior in PuGs be it in M+ or normal/heroic raids.

SO, to answer actual question that is asked in form, I play arms warrior and I play it, because during my WoW lifetime I grew quite attached to the class and I find it fun to play. Also I dig the idea of playing toon with big weapon and go with mentality, ME ORC, ME SMASH.

Alts:

None really relevant alts.

I have mage, DH and DK on 110 waiting for time when I will feel to level them up.

Professions:

I just got professions recently and its herbalism and alchemy, partially because I'd like to provide myself with flasks and pots, and secondly because I want to make some bucks on it :)

Mythic+ Experience:

I just got into M+ in BFA and so far I ran some +7s with PuGs

Previous Guilds:

It was guild on emerald dream server and was called Inpakt. It was one of those guilds that pops invite from thin air, but they hooked me with plan to creating slowly growing rooster to be able to play some raids later, when people would be gathered, I stayed in that guild for like 3 weeks, but as time passed I met less and less people online by each day, so I decided to leave.

Availability:

I don't have problem to plan my time around guild activities later in the evenings and from morning up to like 17:00 when I'm leaving work. To be honest between the time when I get home from work and my son and wife goes to sleep, I'd rather plan my time around them and being with them. So for me, I can plan my time around game at these time windows. 8:00-17:00 (if there is no work emergency) / 21:30-???

Communication:

I think I can pull out some text that makes sense in english, not so confident in my english when I'm to speak. I don't have TS3 at the moment, but it's not a problem to download, I can listen at work hours and I can speak at evenings.

System / Connection:

No fps issues, at work my internet connection is more or less stable, occasional DC, but I can log in back in like 20 seconds, at home, my connection is stable. Ping on kazzak is ok, lags are rare. Sometimes I have this particular problem with wow, that I haven't found solution for. It's probably caused by some quick dc, but game is running for me, I can play fine, but I can't interact in term of speaking into chat and pressing ready check.

Addons/UI:

I use DBM and skada.
https://imgur.com/a/oFbip4P

Other Games:

League of legends, otherwise just singleplayers like Dragon's age, the Witcher etc.

Why Iron Edge?

I would like to join you because you seem like good community of people (from what I can tell by looking at your website) and I would like to be in place where I can stay, play some M+ and probably some normal/heroic raids if possible with friendly people.

What I can offer Iron Edge:

reasonable, patient person who can learn from his mistakes and try not to repeat them.

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

I actually googled 1 day raiding guilds, and google found common phrase in 1 day and oneday in your welcome to battle for azeroth post so you appeared on my first page of google and I decided to take a tour thru your webpage and give a shot at applying. :)

Last Words:

Sorry for wall of text and thanks for considering me, have a nice day. :)

September 27, 2018, 05:13:12 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Mythic+ Application - Warrior (DPS) - Grennash
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 05:13:12 pm »
Hey Grennash,

Thanks for the application to ourselves, our mythic plus officer will get back to you in terms of interest for joining our m+ team. As for 1day normal and heroic raiding we have a Sunday team that are also venturing into mythic raiding on a one day schedule and really doing good at it, and our more relaxed Wednesday team that clear normal and heroic just for fun. So they may have questions for you if you were to join there raid roster.

A wall of text isn't a bad thing aslong as it contains good information, it's better than one word answers by a country mile! Good luck on the application.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

September 27, 2018, 10:18:27 pm
Reply #2

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 10:18:27 pm »
Hi Grennash,
thanks for you application, alot of detail which I do like!

Please can you provide me how your performance has been in M+, what affixes you have found a challenge the most as a melee?

Do have any logs that shows your typical ability to AOE and single DPS?

Doing only +7's so far, is pretty middle of the road of what people are achieving now, what are your aspirations and focus?

September 28, 2018, 09:51:25 am
Reply #3

Offline Grenn

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 09:51:25 am »
Hi guys,

thanks for replies,

In my pug runs I confronted basic ones tyranical and fortified, which were no problem. Otherwise from higher affixes I experienced sanguine, bursting, skittish, teeming and quaking. From those, I'd say they werent problem in bigger scale but for example sanguine, bursting and quaking has been somehow problematic for me as melee in some specific situations (sanguine - embalmer blob trash in King's rest; bursting - trash in Shrine of storms; quaking - MOTHERLODE!)

To my shame, I don't have logs. Actually I have to admit, being a bit jaded in this particular area, so I haven't really given thought to making logs myself, just heard from time to time that people did logs of raid encounters I was in. I can try to make some logs during weekend, if you would be interested in it (once I get the clue how to actually do it :D)

Yes, I admit +7 isn't anything to be stunned by. Me personally, I just found kind of hard to get into higher groups, since I'm still building raider io score and being warrior is probably not most preffered by people in LFG. Actually highest group I was able to find and woould be accepted into was +8 shrine, but it ended with healer leaving at trash after 2nd boss.

My aspiration is to get into stable community of people who runs M+, who knows what they can expect from the others in term of gameplay and run some 10+ or higher on weekly basis. Potentionally helping out people alts with running some M+ to get them geared for raids/pvp/dungeons.

Also I'd love to do some tanking in future, if blizzard will do some meaningfull changes to protection warrior, unfortunately playing prot right now, is pain for me.

Looking forward to some answer and possible questions :)

September 30, 2018, 11:48:33 am
Reply #4

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 11:48:33 am »
Thanks for your response and sorry for delay coming back as I am away at the moment.  Neitherless I would like to offer a mythic plus spot and see how you do, remember though this doesn’t get you into the raids as that’s a different application.   

September 30, 2018, 05:04:21 pm
Reply #5

Offline Grenn

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 05:04:21 pm »
Hello,

thanks for response, no problem I myself has been more off during weekend due to being away. Thanks alot for the opportunity, I hope I will be positive asset to the guild :).

btw. I tried to make some log during the weekend, so if you would be interested here is some mythic taloc - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/p8K9WHaZAG1k3R2M#fight=last&source=7  for some idea how my dps is on single target while getting some debuffs that forced me to run out of boss.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 01:04:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 0 Users