Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Runethenex

September 30, 2018, 04:11:43 am
Read 3754 times

Applicant

Social Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Runethenex
« on: September 30, 2018, 04:11:43 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Runethenex
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Runethenex/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

My name is Rune, 26, and this would be another dane for the guild. I recently finished my masters in IT-leadership, and i look forward to working, rather than studying. Since i expect to be working way more than i spent studying, i have lost interest in a scheduled raiding team, as i dont think i can put the effort required into this. Therefore i am applying as a social in your guild, since most of my irl friends are here. I will be spending time playing mythic plus, but again - not enough to be part of a serious team of yours, although it is tempting. I used to raid with Pratiarch, Psyanite, Fabulousfu, klikwhateverbangklak shit name and Varum. I've known the first three for many years irl, and the last two through world of warcraft raiding in last expansion. All of these are the reason i want to be a social in your guild, since it has become clear that theyre there to stay for good.
Since previous raiding experience is of less importance, i will keep it short; I have raided highest difficulty as both melee and ranged dps, and healer. My tanking experience is rather new, and is something i look to improve at throughout BFA. Should you have any interest in what i have achieved, then you are welcome to look up Plebthene and Runethene from Auchindoun realm, or simply ask me ingame (Runethenex-Kazzak by the time you read this).
Since my character is sort of up-to-date, I am also able to take on a reserve tank role for the weekend raids, making sure you have an extra option to make sure less raids will be cancelled in the future. Im afraid by inviting me, you surely add to the strength of the danish army that is slowly invading the premises.
I have to admit this is the first application i've made in a long while, so if i have left out important information then please let me know, and i'll add the information asap. :)

Class/Spec:

First of all, theres a chance you will need to look up Runethenex-Darksorrow, since i am moving the character today, and it may take a while for armory to update, maybe not, who knows. Its blizzard afterall.
Back to the point - i play a DK tank, since i enjoy the playstyle where i require less help from the healer, and i am capable of surviving a lot on my own, and the class makes it possible for me to deal with certain things in a satisfying way. I actually started BFA thinking i would main DH tank, but i did miss the playstyle of the deathknight blood spec, hence i went back to blood dk, which was the character i played mostly in the end of legion - casually.
The dh tank is now basicly a dps alt, since i really dont enjoy the tank spec all too much. I used to play the dh in nighthold as havoc, and clearly inspired Klikbangklak to play a DH dps, although hes obviously going to deny this :D

Alts:

As mentioned above, i find the deathknight satisfying to a level where i dont really play alts all too much. I do weekly stuff on the dh, and thats about it.
The dh would be Runethene-Auchindoun

Professions:

I used engineering in start of BFA, but just today decided to go back to alchemy, because im a cheapass and want 2hr flasks. Lets be honest.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

It's been a while since i pvp'ed. In legion i only played 2s as disc and havoc on the dh, both to 2k+ just for the elite gear. As far as raiding goes, ever since nighthold and ToS, i really havent done much mythic raiding.

Previous Guilds:

I was a part of Memento on auchindoun since the start of legion, but it slowly died and i didnt feel the urge to join a different guild until now. I wasn't feeling the raiding anymore, so i stayed casual and had breaks from wow from time to time.

Availability:

I will be working as most other, and playing in the evenings. As far as days goes, its more or less a 7days a week thing. I am a gamer by heart after all.

Communication:

I am comfortable when speaking english, and i think i spend 80% of the time on discord speaking english and only 20% speaking danish. This is because we speak english and only english, if theres 1 in the channel who isnt a dane. I personally think its rude to speak danish to another fellow dane, if someone in the channel cant understand whats being said. As far as teamspeak goes, i do have it, but we use discord mostly, but it really isnt an issue.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is super old, but still runs good old world of warcraft just fine. I am looking to upgrade computer this christmas, which im excited about. Currently i have a 1000/1000mbit connection, but its sadly not going to stay this way when i move mid october. I will most likely drop to a 50/50 or 100/100 mbit connection. I would assume i have a ping around 30-40 on most EU realms in wow. I rarely disconnect, and i honestly cant remember last time i had a disconnect due to my end, rather than server randomly dying in wow.

Addons/UI:

Im not sure how you wish to see the UI, but i made an imgur link for you to have a look.
https://imgur.com/a/AHIq6hc

Other Games:

Im a variety gamer. I have always enjoyed FPS games on the side, which currently isnt being played all too much, since im enjoying BFA so far. I used to play CS:GO quite alot, as well as PUBG. Before someone ask, no i do not play fortnite, and no i dont want to. Ever. Garbage game, no offense. :D On the other hand, pubg is more or less a dead game, and the victory will sadly be fortnite, but that doesnt make it my type of game. We all have our preferences!

Why Iron Edge?

It was either Iron edge or nothing. Simple. Most of my friends are in here, and its only natural for me to join as social. Should i not be considered a fit, i will not look elsewhere, as it is of no interest to me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer friendly banter, and i consider myself on par with your other danish raiders. And by other danish raiders, i mean fab, psy and prat. Im aware you have other danes, but these are the raiders i know irl. :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

This question should have been answered already - but to keep it simple: I heard about you simply from my friends in your guild.

Last Words?

I hope the application is of satisfying length - not too short and not too long. I hope to hear from you soon!

September 30, 2018, 11:09:06 am
Reply #1

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Runethenex
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 11:09:06 am »
+ 1 vote for slipping 'satisfying length' in there

September 30, 2018, 02:34:21 pm
Reply #2

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 02:34:21 pm »
Great application!
As Rune said, we have raided together and known each other for years - I can whole heartily vouch for him. He is a great down to earth guy who loves World of Warcraft as much as the rest of us. 

oh and ps. the Invasion has begun.

Prat

September 30, 2018, 07:23:42 pm
Reply #3

Offline mortos

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 07:23:42 pm »
Well if the Mafia representative vouch for him
Then It will not be wise of me to oppose

So I give my support

And a tank, to boost

October 01, 2018, 11:44:49 am
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 11:44:49 am »
Hi Runethenex,

You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:49:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 0 Users