Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Brossly (XR)

November 10, 2018, 09:24:25 pm
Read 4985 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Brossly (XR)
« on: November 10, 2018, 09:24:25 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Brossly
Server: Twisting-Nether
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Twisting-Nether/Brossly/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Noureldin Khalil
University: American University of Kuwait
Major: Computer Engineering
Work: Student worker at the lounge of university.

Class/Spec:

Frost: 373
Arcane: 372
Fire: 375

I generally enjoy all specs and anything that has to do with this class. Since the start of first opening this game, I've been maining mage and experimenting with all specs throughout different expansions (Starting from Wrath of the Lich King). Mage <3

However, for my main for this expansion, I would pick frost. This spec is currently

Undead - Mage
Stats for Frost:
(Intellect)
- Crit
- Haste
- Vers
- Mastery

These change depending on the spec; as I noticed that the mastery is not as useful for frost as Crit and Haste, I would prefer to have those stats.

Priority:

Our rotation is mostly built around procs;
1- With the proc of [Fingers of Frost]: Always Icelance (after a spell with a cast- Frostbolt)
2- With the proc of [Brain Freeze]: (With 3 icicles or more, save the instant flurry for when I have 5 icicles - Glacial Spike) - then icelance.
3- Frozen Orb off cooldown. (Blizzard helps reduce this cooldown so I always feel confident I'll have it by the next pack)
4- Ebonbolt off cooldown.
5- Comet Storm (Depending on how many enemies there are, or if I saved it for a few seconds I'd get more hits)

Usually start by either casting Frostbolt or Ebonbolt during the countdown (at 2 or 3 seconds), then [Icy Veins].

Alts:

I have other classes (such as rogue, hunter) but around level 100, none that are more.

Professions:

Currently not focusing on any profession, just have starting levels for tailoring and engineering

Raiding Experience:

I never took the PvE in the game seriously in the past expansions as I mostly spent my time on competitive PvP. Also, did not have many friends ingame (or in the same realm), just at different games or activities. However, I always heard about others raiding and got curious about this experience.

With this, I requested to join a guild with the purpose to try this out (and this was in this expansion, BFA).
I joined the guild and started to raid (ULDIR) and I honestly loved the experience and how indulged the community become towards one single purpose. (I really did enjoy orb carrying)
The guild reached 3/8 M then completely stopped raiding, but I only stopped at 1/8M.

I play DPS.

logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/brossly#

Previous Guilds:

<Azeroth Pride>

They tried to merge with a different guild, however that only caused problems between them and raiding times changed which affected the majority of this guild.

Raiding completely stopped with this guild, resulting in the breakdown of the guild.

Availability:

I finish studies and work around 6pm ST, never after.
Available after 6pm ST everyday.

Communication:

Yes, in terms of being proficient in english. I speak this language more often than any other, even my own.
British private school, now an American University.
I do have Teamspeak 3, and I do enjoy conversing.
Yes, I do use a mic.

Computer / Connection:

I use a high end laptop; so in terms of fps issues I have none.
With this internet, worst case scenario is 1 disconnect (that gets fixed within seconds) per week.

I have a stable connection with low ping.

Addons/UI:

UI:
- Elvui  + Shadow Elvui
https://imgur.com/u439hjM

Addons:
- Weakaruas: Customized my own to know when my crucial spells are back up.
- DBM: For any raid warning.
- Angry Assignments: Notes given by the officers to organize the raid.
- Skada: To keep track of the meters.

Other Games:

Rocket League
Rainbow Six Siege
Fortnite
PUBG
Hearthstone
Heroes of the Storm

(Majority of my time is WoW)

Why Iron Edge?

1) This guild has a much better raid timing; this helps me be more flexible.

2) Friends (IRL with Saxonatic and Vicious)

I did a mythic+ push with a few from this guild, including Saxo:
- Tutan
- Vox
- Ploppers
and I enjoyed their company in both the game and on call. The few conversations and dungeons gave me an impression of how chill this guild is.

3) History of this guild (Progression and Performance)

4) Increasing competition between Danes and Egyptians, I am here to help the Danes against my own nationality.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a dedicated player
I always want to better myself, which means I will actually listen to advice and criticism.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Friends
Watched the streams (from saxo), and once sat next to Vicious as he was raiding (enjoyed his reaction with the 1% Argus wipe, since he might have actually reached most of the neighbors with his voice).

Last Words?

Looking forward for the experience.

November 11, 2018, 09:19:59 am
Reply #1

Offline saxonatic

• Guild Member

• HAKUNA MATATA

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Brossly (XR)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 09:19:59 am »
I will vouch for him if he stand with his own people n not the Danes.  8) ::) Fokin Bross How Dare u? anyways i  have been knowing Bross for almost 20 years and hes a type of a person who likes to compete and experiment new stuff in his life, moreover he loves to joke a lot n adapt fast.

His communication is great n spicy  :P

November 11, 2018, 10:36:12 am
Reply #2

Offline Vicious

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:36:12 am »
Pretty cool dude. Known him for a long time and i would definitely vouch for him.
Also, I find his voice to be very soothing.

~Vicious

November 11, 2018, 10:58:59 am
Reply #3

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 10:58:59 am »
Did some m plus with Saxo and Brossley, was pretty good fun, capable player and good fun to be around.

November 11, 2018, 01:10:14 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 01:10:14 pm »
hes a type of a person who likes to compete and experiment new stuff in his life

Experiment new stuff in his life you say...
One for ploppers to play with literally.

Nice application, and that the egyptians/ kuwaitis whatever they identify themselves as currently have vouched for you, along with our resident scotsman is only a positive as far as im concerned. The effort is appreciated compared to recent applicants with minimal effort so thanks.

Good luck on the apply.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 11, 2018, 03:12:19 pm
Reply #5

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 03:12:19 pm »
I'm not part of the main raid but since people seem to like you and you might get the chance to play with the big boys I'm throwing in a tip. I'm sure that you do decently in raids but you got a phew things wrong in your rotation. Orb is higher in your prio and ebonbolt is used only as an emergency brainfreeze to use with glacial spike. 

Gl with your ap mate

November 11, 2018, 05:33:06 pm
Reply #6

Offline Bouncy

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 05:33:06 pm »
Hey Brossly! Very nice apply overall, however I'm a bit curious about your rotation.

Since u use Ebonbolt on cd, what do u do in situation when u get 5 stacks of icicles but Brain Freeze didn't proc and your Ebonbolt is on cooldown? Also on AoE fights do u use pet freeze before Comet Storm?

Gl with your apply,

Bouncy

November 11, 2018, 06:24:00 pm
Reply #7

Offline Ploppers

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 06:24:00 pm »
He is a fun guy to play with and it would be nice to have another guy that is as enthusiastic about Jalla jalla as Saxo is.

November 11, 2018, 06:26:31 pm
Reply #8

Offline saxonatic

• Guild Member

• HAKUNA MATATA

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 06:26:31 pm »
He is a fun guy to play with and it would be nice to have another guy that is as enthusiastic about Jalla jalla as Saxo is.

JALLLALALALALALAL

November 11, 2018, 07:14:55 pm
Reply #9

Offline Brossly

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 07:14:55 pm »
I'm not part of the main raid but since people seem to like you and you might get the chance to play with the big boys I'm throwing in a tip. I'm sure that you do decently in raids but you got a phew things wrong in your rotation. Orb is higher in your prio and ebonbolt is used only as an emergency brainfreeze to use with glacial spike. 

Gl with your ap mate

I didn't mean to place all of the my priority spells in a steps kind of style, it was generally (I have frozen orb, I use it).
Even though I'd use it at the start most of the time, there are still situations where I would rather keep it for a few seconds knowing there will be mobs spawning.
For instance, with zek'voz. When I know the little crawling satans are about to spawn.

I also agree with the Ebonbolt priority, but I keep playing around with which ability to start with on the boss because it's generally more damage than frostbolt and I will get it back up when I need it. (I either have 4 or 5 icicles when I get it back from cd)

Hey Brossly! Very nice apply overall, however I'm a bit curious about your rotation.

Since u use Ebonbolt on cd, what do u do in situation when u get 5 stacks of icicles but Brain Freeze didn't proc and your Ebonbolt is on cooldown? Also on AoE fights do u use pet freeze before Comet Storm?

Gl with your apply,

Bouncy

I feel like I rarely get into a situation where all priority abilities(Frozen, comet, ebon, etc) are on cooldown, have no procs and on 5 stacks of icicle. However, when I do I end up just throwing frostbolts and raging at the RNG Gods.
As for my favorite spell from my pet, yes I always use it to keep mobs in place whenever I cast an aoe combo (Blizzard, Frozen and Comet).

Thank you both, I really do appreciate these and I hope it keeps coming.

November 11, 2018, 07:48:27 pm
Reply #10

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 07:48:27 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 11, 2018, 08:50:51 pm
Reply #11

Offline Brossly

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 08:50:51 pm »
Thank you Rash!

I will switch realms as soon as I can, hopefully by tomorrow

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:23:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

60 Guests, 0 Users