Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Omgxenon

December 07, 2018, 08:49:32 am
Read 3360 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Omgxenon
« on: December 07, 2018, 08:49:32 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Omgxenon
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Omgxenon/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Adrian im 23 years old and I'm from Romania. I just graduated University in Systems Engineering and im currenly working as an Automation Engineer at Bosch Rexroth.Besides work I also enjoy playing video games (mainly WoW) , read books about science and psychology , and going to the gym for a healthy body and mind.

Class/Spec:

I play Fury, because I like the way it plays, very fast, fluent, no down-time at all.Even tho people "bash" it against Arms , now it got to be as good as Arms.I am the kind of person that puts in really hard work into something he enjoys, If It doesn't feel right to me, I'm really unmotivated and don't perform well at all.As for Gear Level Fury and Arms 385.

I'll speak only about Fury cause that's what I play.Haste is our best stat followed by Mastery.Haste helps us with faster autoattacks which generate more rage,less CD on spells so we can build up rage for a Rampage which basically is our "nuker" ability.As for priority , I'm using the ones that TheoryCraft Warriors upload on MMOChampion,Warrior Discord Channel , IcyVeins.I'm up really update to date with everything that my Spec is about.

Alts:

I do not have any alts.

Professions:

Mining and Blacksmithing, first I used to make some gold in Legion but now I'm thinking of going different ones for more gold and also getting some usefull stuff for raiding.

Raiding Experience:

We'll I startd playing WoW alltoghere back in 2013 but on private servers,WOTLK and TBC cleared everything, I know it's not official but I got a big graps of what serious raiding is all about.In 6th of February I started playing here , WoD was up.I got into Mythic Raiding fast , maybe a month of playing  I we managed to get 7/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel.On Emerald Nightmare Mythic 4/7, with ToV I didn't play mostly because of University and work, the schedule was just too crazy.I came back with ToS and managed 6/9 Mythic and with Antorus 7/11 Mythic and now in my current guild I am 5/8 Mythic.As you can see I wasn't able to be very consitent with Legion because I was in my last Univeristy but now that I'm done with it ( finally ) and I have better structed schedule I can make the most out if work + personal life.

Previous Guilds:

Since in started back in February 6th 2016 I changed alot of guild , mainly because I was just at the beginning and I wasn't sure what I wanted.But I will talk about the most recent ones(this year).

Bulwark : Left because they didn't give me alot of chances, I was kinda the "invisible warrior" and If I feel left out I'm just not going to stay somewhere.

Flawless: They got tired of mythic raiding and went social for a while (1-2 months) then the guild died cause the RL and a few of his friends changed Realms.

Isentrophy : They also stopped raiding as of 24/10.

SSC CREW: Got invited as a Trial but then nothing more.Even tho they had like 3 main warriors I asked them If they still have a melee spot for them,they said yes, I joined but I was also kinda "invisible"

Big Steady Hands: The RL was just crazy toxic,and didn't listen to peoples opinions on how to progress a boss(too many melees on Fetid etc)also  I cannot tolarate drama.

And now I'm planning on leaving Confidencial(current guild) because we are stuck on Zul , not because of dps issues but because people don't understand what "do not aoe the adds means" and I really want to do as many bosses as possible,I'm not a hardcore crazy raider since I was have that involves quite alot of traveling and "on the field" presence but I don't want to waste my time either.

Availability:

I'm at work from 7 or 8AM until 16:00PM Monday thru Friday(that is Romanian timezone).I won't be on from 19th of December until 4h of January because of holidays.I finished University I don't have any exams now, maybe I will start a master's degree in July but not sure yet.Really have to measure how that will impact my work and freetime.

Communication:

Yes , I'm quite fluent in English and I yes , I do have Teamspeak 3 and a headset with microphone.

Computer / Connection:

Very decent computer.I get 40-50 FPS in 20 Mythic group.No latency/delay whatsoever , I only got disconnected playing WoW maybe 5 times since I started so It's all good.

Addons/UI:

For raiding I use : AngryAssignments, Angry Keystones, AzeritePowerWeights ,AzeriteToolTip ,BigWigs ,Details ,DynamicCam ,ExorsusRaidTool, LittleWigs, LFR Advanced, Kibs Item Level, Mik's Scrolling Battle Text, Personal Loot Helper , Raider.IO Mythic Plus and Raiding, SimulationCraft, Weak Auras, Pawn.

And for "cosmectic" reasons I use: ElvUI, WIM, World Quest Tracker, TomTom, HandyNotes, OPie.

The ones I use for raiding allow me to play the spec/class best as I can.Having my CD's "up in my nose" allow me to make fast decisions based on boss upcoming mechanic,So I don't just randomly use my CD's.BigWigs helps also with using my CD's ( one quick example: Zekvos, I only start with Siegebraker followed by normal rotation then Dragonroar in order to use them 2 times until the adds up are,so that I have recklessnes + sb+dr all up when adds are coming).

Other Games:

Usually I don't have the time to play other games,but on occasions FIFA 19, GTA V, Diablo 3 , Battlefield V , LoL and sometimes Dota 2.

Why Iron Edge?

I wan't to be part of a solid team that really wants to push mythic raiding as far as it goes but at the same time mainting a healty personal life.I know not everyone is Method but if we gather up only 2 times a week , let's make those hours count.If I would summerize my "mentality" that would be it, "Use what you've got but use it as best as you can".

What can I offer Iron Edge?

You can expect from me to be a serious guys , that's on time when raiding starts,that has with him the necessary baggage(flask+food+enchants etc) I even buy my vantus runes cause I got used to it from Legion.A guy that even tho plays one spec , he really enjoys it and plays it at it's max capacity.I every week I read up anything related to Fury that can improve my gameplay and they progress of the guild.
I also am a firm believer that team progress WILL always result in individual progress(learned that from playing football for 4 years) :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress, best source for find a guild that recruits.

Last Words?

Really want to thank you for taking your time and reading this application, really appreciate the professionalism that you guys show in-game and on this website even tho "it's just a game" .Wish you all the best and hopefully we'll be mates soon.I'm opened to any question and if they seem too long, I'm also up for a voice chat.Take care.

Thank you
Sincerely , Adrian

December 07, 2018, 09:31:45 am
Reply #1

Offline Omgxenon

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Omgxenon
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:31:45 am »
Sorry for forgetting about the the screenshot, here it is  :  https://imgur.com/a/jCrts2j

December 07, 2018, 04:17:41 pm
Reply #2

Offline Glacio

• Guild Member

• I'm a model

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 04:17:41 pm »
Hello xenon! Pretty decent app, but a bit of a flaky Mythic progress.
If fury got nerfed is there still no chance you would go arms?
Could you also provide us with some logs for our officers to have a look at?
Good luck on the application :)
"But she was fat, so she probably doesn't have any diseases"

December 07, 2018, 04:41:47 pm
Reply #3

Offline Omgxenon

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 04:41:47 pm »
Hey Glacio thanks for replay, I tried Arms for like a week and I really hate the gameplay.Not my type of play style.

Here are the logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/12854846

December 08, 2018, 02:59:13 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 02:59:13 pm »
Hi Omgxenon,

I really liked your application up until the point where you went on a fulmination about your current guild. The issue you describe your current guild has is a very common one, that every other guild also has had, or still does. On some pulls we also kill the crawgs too quickly and so I don't think Iron Edge is the place for you.

I would recommend looking into the individuals (so not the entire raid team) you have accused, finding out why they are doing damage to the wrong targets and then solving the issue yourself. Or you could jump ship and keep writing negative stuff on other guild forums.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:11:33 pm by Rash »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:14:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

60 Guests, 0 Users