Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Celtziur

December 26, 2018, 11:55:52 am
Read 3265 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Celtziur
« on: December 26, 2018, 11:55:52 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Celtziur
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Celtziur/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Good day members of Iron Edge,

This is one off two applications. Since my friend (balance druid) will also be sending in one tomorow.

My name is Tom van den Dop, 30 years old and currently live in The Netherlands (Utrecht).

I'm employed at the Dutch Ministry of Finance as a Business Analist.

My hobbies are trading card games, traveling around the world with GF (mainly Japan), movies, playing with my cats (pic for fluffyness: https://imgur.com/a/fK0itRo) and ofcourse WoW.

Class/Spec:

Currently I'm mainly playing assassination cause at the moment I'm mainly focusing on M+. However I rotate between all three rogue specs to keep a feeling with them incase there are some nerfs/buffs. My average gearlevel for all specs is around 377.

I feel comfortable with all specs.

My knowledge about the class comes from three sources:
1) http://www.ravenholdt.net premier rogue theorycrafting site.
2) Simming my character on raidbots with a premier account. So I can sim different gearsets and talents.
3) Personal experience by trying out alot of things ingame. I believe this is an important factor in alway's improving instead of just blindly following guides.

I believe there isn't a go to stat system since you should alway's sim yourself to make sure you are best prepared.

Alts:

- 120 ilvl 372 balance Druid.

Professions:

On the rogue I currently don't have any active professions due to just getting back into the game at the start of BFA. When I start getting into serious raiding I will ofcourse level them up to get the needed benefits from them.

My druid has gathering professions to provide me with everything I need.

Raiding Experience:

I hardcore raided in a competitive alliance guild Union (Outland) during:
- Vanilla
- TBC
- WotLK
- Cataclysm

Most recent achievements from that time are:
Alysrazor (World 95)
Realm 1st Ragnaros heroic (World 67)
Realm 1st Glory of the Firelands Raider
Heroic Yor'sahj the Unsleeping (World 50)
Heroic Warlord Zon'ozz (World 102)

Before that we had  several high ranking kills on alot of bosses.

At the end of Catacysm I stopped playing and renewed for WoD. At that time I moved over to horde and progressed in highmaul and blackrock foundry within another hardcore guild. I also focussed on getting all gold Challenge Modes with all classes and getting fast times.

I didn't play during Legion.

For BfA I'm mainly playing m+ and the usual Uldir pugs. For the new 8.1 content I want to get serious again in the spare time I have.

Previous Guilds:

Outland - eu: IRL study reasons

Availability:

I'm potentially available during every night but I have to divide time between friends, family and my gf. For the weekend raid on sunday evening I expect to get 100% attendance since at that time I'm always free. Ofcourse excluding the summer holiday (3 weeks) every year.

Communication:

I'm proficient in English. I hope my application will show this.

I'm not afraid in using my mic since I'v been doing alot of 'dirty' jobs during raids which require communication.

Computer / Connection:

I recently rebuild my computer to the new standards. Which means I get a solid 60 FPS in raids. I have very stable internet so I wouldn't accept any dc's. Ping to Kazzak is perfect.

Addons/UI:

I'm currently visiting my family in law in Switzerland so I don't have a picture of my recent UI. However I can show one from my hunter during WoD times. It didn't change much:

https://imgur.com/a/EbW3AKm

I prefer a minimalistic approach while keybinding any skill used during raiding.

List:
DbM - warnings during raids
GTFO - warning when standing in fire (ofcourse you avoid it so this never gets off)
Numerous weak auras - To improve awareness during raids
SimC - Import character data to sim yourself.

Other Games:

Mostly some nintendo switch games but my game of choice is and alway's will be WoW :).

Why Iron Edge?

I consider myself an extremely competitive player who alway's seek to improve and be the best for the role that I am given. I stopped raiding after Cata cause I couldn't put enough time into the game to keep pushing for the best. I need a goal in the game to keep pushing me forward.

However these day's I don't have the time anymore to raid 4-5 day's a week but still seek the enjoyment of improving myself during every raid. I believe Iron Edge can provide me with like-minded people who strive to be the best and most importantly doing that together.

I would very much enjoy raiding with you and clearing all mythic content before the next patch.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I would like to present myself as an someone who alway's prepares for each raid. Meaning getting consumeables, reading up on tactics and being on time while maintaining high attendance.

I alway's strive to be the best in what I do and I think that translates to a professional mindset. I don't like drama and thus I will never start it.

As far as doing 'dirty' jobs for the raid cause that's what needed is no problem for me. I also don't mind rerolling to another class or trading loot away if it's better for the grand goal of the guild.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wow forums.

Last Words?

I hope that through this application I have convinced you all to offer me a trial. I know that I'm a little light when coming to hardcore progress in recent expansions but I hope you can see through that and also look at older expansions when looking for the right mindset.

After discussing some things with Xormn I also mentioned that I don't mind rerolling to a ranged class (pref mage/balance/hunter) if that is preferred.

As stated during the personal information my friend will also be apply'ing tomorrow. He has numerous cutting edge achievements while playing in one of the top eu guilds, scrubbusters. So I hope that should balance things out between me and him.

December 26, 2018, 08:53:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Bouncy

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Celtziur
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 08:53:25 pm »
very nice application :)

December 27, 2018, 09:32:17 pm
Reply #2

Offline Ironsoul

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 09:32:17 pm »
Good luck with your app.

December 28, 2018, 01:02:24 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 01:02:24 pm »
Hello there.

I'm glad to see the two of you apply. You'll make a great addition to the Weekend Raid.
If you do want to reroll, please go for the classes you have mentioned there (mage/hunter).

You can poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:35:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 0 Users