Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Scapp

August 27, 2018, 11:53:32 pm
Read 4097 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Scapp
« on: August 27, 2018, 11:53:32 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Scapp
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Scapp/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hi, my name is Michael, I'm 21 years old from the Netherlands. I'm in my last year now to become a seafarer. I hope this will eventually give me a job as a officer on a cruise ship. I started playing wow about the time that burning crusade came out. First expansion I really got into was Wrath of the lich king. At first I was only doing pvp, but when legion came out raiding seemed more appealing to me, parsing makes raiding a bit more competetive which is why I kept on raiding. In legion I enjoyed raiding with the guild I had on the low populated realm Anvilmar. But when I started pugging Nighthold I came across a raid leader who made a group every tuesday after reset. He got a group together of the best puggers and told everyone to switch to the realm Sargeras to start a guild since we were playing together already every week. That's why I transferred my character to Sargeras.

Class/Spec:

Currently playing Frost mage, while leveling I played fire so I would consider fire my off-spec. My equipped item level for frost currently is 343. Haven't really gotten into arcane yet. In legion I mained an assassination rogue until antorus came out, that's when I started maining an enhancement shaman. My rogue is Githodd-Sargeras-US and my shaman Kapsalon-Sargeras-US both these characters switched from the realm Anvilmar to Sargeras when tomb of Sargeras came out.

The stats for frost mage will be crit 33%-->haste-->vers-->mastery-->crit after 33%. The benefit of crit will become lower above 33% because of the passive Shatter which increase your critical strike rating to frozen targets by 1.5 times + 50%. Overall I would say it is best to sim your character if you get a gear update to determine wheter it is better to have that bit of extra haste or that you have stacked too much. For ST rotation: Flask, pre-cast frost bolt, icy veins, frozen orb, use fingers of frost procs, comet storm, frostbolt till 5 icicles, ebonbolt, glacial spike, flurry, ice lance. For AoE rotation: icy veins, frozen orb, blizzard, Water elemental free just before Comet Storm impact, cone of cold, use procs of fingers of frost and brain freeze

Alts:

Currently have 1 alt shaman main spec Resto off spec Elemental. My shaman is 340ilvl in resto, 338ilvl in elemental. I've mained an enhancement/resto shaman in legion so I have gotten into this class.

Professions:

My frost mage has Engineering/Jewelcrafting. Engineering is a profession im used to since I enjoyed the days of twinking characters. Also engineering had the best perks for battlegrounds and I only played pvp until legion. I took jewelcrafting because I was leveling and gearing together with Meloisa and Nashor so I took a profession that would benefit the three of us.

Raiding Experience:

I raided alot in legion, however I was in a guild that was not capable of doing mythic. When I transferred to Sargeras I was still not able to really get into mythic raids because the time difference with the US server was too great. Raiding times where from 02.00-05.00. I would lie to raid mythic and really get into the upcoming raid.

Previous Guilds:

The Poros, was not really a good raiding guild but had nice people in it. I transferred to Sargeras to the guild Two Strike Policy but the raid times where so late I still couldnt get into mythic raiding. That is why I decided to switch to europe, together with Meloisa and Nashor.

Availability:

My availability in the worst case would be after 17.00 every weekday, but often my study will allow me to be online more early. I work in weekends on saturday and sunday starting 17.00 and ending whenever it is possible for me to leave.

Communication:

My english is good enough to communicate properly with others. I use discord, but can use teamspeak 3 as well if neccesary. I have a headset with a mic that works properly.

Computer / Connection:

My pc is good enough to run wow easily on high without any fps loss. My internet connection is very good as well, maintaining a ping around 5ms. I never disconnect and I dont experience any lag during raids.

Addons/UI:

Details Damage Meter, DBM, Weak Auras 2, Saved Instances, Angry Keystones,

Other Games:

Overwatch, fortnite, diablo 3, heroes of the storm

Why Iron Edge?

I want to be in a guild that is raiding and aiming to clear all of the mythic raid content. Also it is nice that the players in the guild are all good and know there class so that it is possible to fill up a party fast for some mythic+. This is what I missed in my previous guilds because of the time difference and I hope I can find it in this guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

An all round good and friendly player that is online often. I believe I can make a good addition to your raiding team and mythic plus groups

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I heard about this guild via Nashor. A friend who Nashor and I play diablo 3 with is also in this guild, it was nice to already know someone in the guild.

Last Words?

I hope this time my application is elaborate enough for consideration and would love to be in Iron Edge.

August 28, 2018, 12:00:13 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Scapp
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 12:00:13 am »
Hi Scapp,

I really appreciate your good application, but I wished you would have spoken to us before you wrote it. We're really full on mages at the moment and raiding is very close to starting.

I don't realistically see another mage on our roster in the short term.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 28, 2018, 12:39:20 am
Reply #2

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 12:39:20 am »
Hey there, nashór here. I can't speek for Scapp but I can tell you that i've Always known him as a player that is good at what he does.

Due to our old guild the Poro's we couldn't get into mythic raiding until i swapped servers and guilds. The raiding experience that i do have with Scapp are heroic clears where he got 99%+ parses average on ToS heroic. I can't find the logs for it but its the assassination rogue githodd-anvilmar US.

If the class is the issue for the raid spot i could think of a few possible options to go from here, he could raid if there is room for it on his "alt" Shaman, i know we're pretty full on the main raid atleast so not sure if this is an option at all. If there isn't room for a shaman or if Scapp only wants to raid on his mage this won't be an option.

Then if Scapp is fine with not being able to raid for atleast the near future he could join intially as a social/m+ until there is need for another mage.

Like i said i can't speak for Scapp and i'm not entirely sure of what the main raid needs are right now but these are a few options i could think off.

As a person i think Scapp would be a great addition to Iron Edge with a mellow and easy going personality.

kind regards,

nashór

August 28, 2018, 08:51:00 am
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 08:51:00 am »
Thanks for the clarification, Nashor. My personal experience recommends Scapp should play the class he wants to play, rather than what the raid needs.

Looking forward to hearing from Scapp about your suggestions.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 28, 2018, 03:57:31 pm
Reply #4

Offline Scapp

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 03:57:31 pm »
I prefer to join the guild on my mage and if possible raid. If this is not an option I would like to join the guild for mythic+/social. I'm currently leveling up a rogue and might switch to rogue if I can get it geared up enough for when the raid starts.

Cheers,
Scapp

August 29, 2018, 10:27:25 pm
Reply #5

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 10:27:25 pm »
Happy to join as a M+'er, as think your application is pretty good and a overall a great effort been put in.

January 23, 2019, 09:41:11 pm
Reply #6

Offline Scapp

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 09:41:11 pm »
Thanks for having me with the battle of dazar'alor raid

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:47:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

80 Guests, 0 Users