Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Sevis

January 18, 2019, 08:06:15 pm
Read 3011 times

Applicant

Social Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Sevis
« on: January 18, 2019, 08:06:15 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Sevis
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Sevis/advanced
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Lian (Real name not spelled like this, but it's easier for most people around me to pronounce), 23 y/o, Edinburgh, UK, Curerently working in a hotel's kitchen as a KP and sometimes help-cook

Class/Spec:

It started as a fun alt on horde side (I have been Alliance the last 3 expansions), to play with a friend. Little time passed and my "alt" that was "just for fun" on horde side had more gear than my alliance characters :D I have been playing DH on and off since they came out as both main and alt, always liked it.
9/10 times I'd preffer to DPS on the DH, but If there is noone to fill, I don't mind tanking anything.

Alts:

On horde side I have a DK around 360ilv, playing Blood for fun.
Useless 320ish Monk that I leveled for no reason.
Currently leveling/Gearing a Warrior, as it was my other character I've mained on and off.
I have quite a few alliance characters, but I haven't logged them for quite a while.

Professions:

I got Alchemy/Herbalism on my DH (Not even maxed yet lol). When I got them the flasks and pots were expensive af, and as it was a new character on the realm I had no gold to buy, so I'd farm what I need. No cool recipies, they are all on my Alliance characters :(
DK has enchanting for same reason as above
Warrior probably gonna grab BS/Min for some old transmog selling/potential new expulsom things and whatnot.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I have been "raiding" since vanilla (Although I wouldn't call that raiding since I was just being told by my cousin who introduced me to teh game what to press, basically me mashing stuff so he gets gear on his character, but I didn't care I was 9 lol)
Real experience (I have done all raids during every xpac, but most weren't progress, but pugs or letscallthemcarries)

WoD:
On and off HC raids, no mythic until:
I was in a guild that wasn't going anywhere with progression, so me and 6 other friends joined a guild struggling with heroic HFC cuz they didn't ahve enough people, after we joined we quickly finished that and went Mythic raiding, I've progressed through the whole thing as Arms/Fury Warrior, I believe it took us about 3 months to clear the whole thing.

Legion:
I was in a guild with 2 raid teams, each had alot of bad players and couple good ones, noone managed to progress past Ursoc until we finally merged, I mained Veng DH for the Heroic progresses as a MT, moved on to WW monk because it was fun (and when the teams merged they didn't need another tank) actively progressed Cenarius and then we killed Xavius in 3 pulls, so I wouldn't call that progress :D
Later on in Nighthold I continued playing WW monk and did all bosses until Gul'Dan. There was alot of setbacks with tanks leaving, people who didn't know how to tank playing tanks so alot of time passed. Guild master decided we will do ToV Mythic instead of Gul'Dan, since tanks left me and a buddy who often did m+ together had 2 geared tanks, his BDK and my GDr. We did the 3 ToV bosses.
In Tomb of Sargeras, me and the BDK continued to tank together, we cleared everything until Avatar, this is when I had to stop playing for a while for quite a few reasons, most of them being University struggles, but also dumb RL decisions (Like not punishing or yet, even mentioning people who fail on the same goddamn mechanic for the 150+wipes that I was present on... you can tell I am passionate about this topic..) Anyways..
In Antorus I played casually (*casually* I did heroics on 3 characters every week and alot of m+, played FDruid, GDruid(when needed), FWar(sometimes), BDK(cuz it was op :D)

BFA:
I never left the before mentioned guild, I had just temporarily retired, and reason I stayed was that I liked the people there. I didn't get in their raid team or raids at all, pretty much pugged my way around Uldir, so I only managed 7/8HC and 2/8M. Still did a bunch of m+, but I play so many characters that my scores are spread af, Warrior, Monk, Druid at start, but no more, DH on horde side for funish.
Battle of Dazal, I'm signing for social, because I don't know what hours I can devote, and my work shifts are pretty much random, I can't ask for the same 1/2 days off every week, so I'm probably gonna pug HCs, spam m+ when I'm not working and if there is a guild raid on my days off and spots available maybe join that.

PvP experience:
I've done stuff on and off, mostly 2v2s and RBGs. Nothing amazing, since I never had consistent people to play with.

Previous Guilds:

MoP-AroundStartofHFC - League of Dusk on Grim Batol, as mentioned above, guild wasn't progressing at all, so me and the few people moved on to join:
HFC-Now - Almighty Sisters on Grim Batol, guild pretty much disbanded after the raid/guild leader said he can't RL anymore, noone wanted to step up so everyone went on their way to join other guilds/realms. Not like this mattered much to me as in I wasn't a raider anyways, I was just social that knew everyone :D

Availability:

As mentioned, every week is different for me, nothing is certain, I get my next week's hours the Thursday/Friday of the week before, I worked 10 days in a row through the holidays, and then some random shifts then 7 days off in a row, incosistent days, unknown.

Communication:

Yes, Yes, Yes and yes. :D And I hope the "novel" *cough* I wrote above is enough of proof for my English skills xD

Computer / Connection:

It's alright, nothing too good, but not too bad. Usually I have consistent ~60-70fps, in a raid with heavy skills going on about 40-50~. Haven't had any connetion issues. Yes, it is stable. No, my ping is on the low-side 33ms consistent every day. No lags on my side. Lol my mum picked up the phone so I lost connection xD (No I don't disconnect :D)

Addons/UI:

Advanced Interface Options - Some more camera zoom out settings, positioning of things that can't be fixed from the default interface anymore.
AngryKeystones - M+ timer and stuff addon
AzeriteTooltip - Easier trait location when mouse overing Azerite gear
DBM - Self explanatory
DejaCharacterStats - I preffer this for my stats window on (C)
Details - All kinds of combat information
Exorsus Raid Tools - Used it before as requirement, the mark/pull timer was useful when I was MT
GTFO - Annoying sounds when staying in shit
Method Dungeon Tools - M+ route calculation addon
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text - A neater dmg and defense effects I do/are done to me display, instead of numbers all over the screen, allocated space around my character
MoveAnything - One of the best oldest addons :D I use it to move some stuff from the default UI around
Pawn - Sometimes when applicable I use stat weights for some characters
Quartz - Cast Bar addon
SexyMap - Minimap, sometiems helps in raid
tekticles - changes the fonts of alot of things around the game, another oldie, but I like it.
Weak Auras 2 - There are some neat WAs for bosses and other things, like tracking interrupts, CDs, boss things etc.
I am way too used to the Default UI, although I have tried various UIs like ElvUI, LUI, FortisUI and other separate ones (I use the Blizzard raid UI option and I've fixed the location of the focus target)
This shows most of the things I mentioned:
https://imgur.com/a/9frsBkX

Other Games:

I often play Warframe when I feel like something different.
I have played Blade & Soul since they launched West, but pretty much playing every time new story comes out for like a week and then stopping again.
I have found myself losing time on MINECRAFT (year I know FailFish)
I play Overwatch once every blue moon for couple of horus :D
Overall not much else other than WoW

Why Iron Edge?

From the information I've read, your guys's successes in previous raids and others +Having couple of friends that joined you guys recently. I believe I'd like to check out the atmosphere and maybe stick around if we get along :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

If I have the time and opportunity, I could prove myself to being excellent Tank and/or DPS in any given scenario.
Aside from that, I believe I am adaptive person and I could find a topic to talk about with pretty much anyone.

(Personal assessment, is that sometimes I may come out as an asshole from some comment I make, but I don't realise it on time, so I've told this to most people, this is me, if you want to correct me and I realise I didn't really mean it, I will apologize, or say something worse if the comment was deserved :D)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

A friend mentioned she and her bf(the tank I mentioned in the exp info)

Last Words?

Hope whoever reads this application likes to read novels, cause that's what ya get when I have to type stuff :D I overinform people, maybe about stuff they didn't even ask or wanted to know about. :)

January 18, 2019, 08:41:49 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Sevis
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 08:41:49 pm »
Hey there.

Nice app! You don't plan on joining any raiding teams? Just as social?

Also, you should have your friends come vouch for you on the forum :)
Ba dun tss!

January 18, 2019, 08:53:41 pm
Reply #2

Offline Sevis

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 08:53:41 pm »
As I mentioned, I can't commit to any kind of schedule, some casual Heroics and maybe the occasional Mythic boss would be cool, but I can't promise anything :<

January 18, 2019, 08:59:01 pm
Reply #3

Offline Solace

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 08:59:01 pm »
He's a potato. Good potato though. Would raid again with. x)
Still the wind blows, calm and silent, carries news from a distant shore.

January 21, 2019, 06:49:20 am
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 06:49:20 am »
Hi again, Lian.

You can poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:40:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 2 Users
Liquidroom, Fabulousfu