Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Alexabliss

January 20, 2019, 05:04:56 pm
Read 3270 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Alexabliss
« on: January 20, 2019, 05:04:56 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Alexabliss
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Alexabliss/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hello to everyone at Iron Edge. My name is Vítor, 28 years old and I'm form Portugal.
I have a master's degree in biochemistry (sounds better then it is) and unfortunently I'm currently unemployed

Class/Spec:

So has you can see above, my main in BFA so far is ret paladin. I chose the paladin class because of the multi-role capability, so i can fit in any place needed. Even though my main spec is DPS, if needed at any point in raid im happy to step in and go healer or even tank to help the raid going forward. Oh, and of course, I can heal and tank at a good level so if is needed to swap roles I wont hinder the team, performance wise.
Right now I'm about 385 ilevel as ret (damn trinkets holding me back on ilevel) and around 380 with both tank and heal specs (mainly because of lower azerite gear).

When it comes to class understanding, like knowing stat prios, rotations, talent builds and so on, I try to keep myself up to date with the many existing guides online (especially icy-veis and wowhead), so I read them and try to apply in practise. Right now I think i do have a good understanding of my class, for example, ret paladin (and prot also) are haste hungry (as they always been), whereas holy need a toon of crit or holy shock heals for next to nothing and it feels sad. Know that getting divine storm procs from the azerite trait "Empyrean Power" feels preety good and most important know how to hit bubble all else fails and im at the brink of death :p

Alts:

I consider myself a bit of and althoolic, usually by the end of an xpac I have all classes at max level and decently geared.
Right now on kazzak I have my monk at 373 ilevel as dps, a bit lower as tank and healer because of lack of decent weapons.
Also have a 373 Shaman and a 380 Warlock, but they are on Quel´Thalas, wich is where most my toons are and I will explain why in the "previous guilds" section

Professions:

Right now i have herbalism/alchemy, all mexed out with all currents recipies at max. I picked this profs   because on one hand, alchemy helps a lot in raiding, with the ability to makes all sorts of flasks and pots, for me and those in need, and herbalism to help save money on herbs and be able to provide them to guild also if needed

Raiding Experience:

Okay, so I a gonna try to summarise raiding xp throughout my wow "carreer", and i will go more in depth with the whole backstory in the "previous guild section.
Keep in mind that for the most part of my wow play time, I never had the time to fully commit to mythic raiding, mainly due to being in college, and I have never been in a very serious cutting edge mythic guild, so my raiding résumé might not be as impressive as it could (keep reading pls). That said, i have Ahead of the curve achieve on every raid since that is a thing (SoS 10 and 25 man untill today) usually done in timely fashion (not on last week of raid), and got 2/10 Mythic BRF and 2/13 HFC Mythic in Wod, while current content, and now 2/8 Uldir mythic ( I know taloc and mother are not real mythic bosses but still). On SoO I was main frost mage, and in WoD mained hunter and shaman (ele and anhance), but at a point I cleared HC content on all roles. In Legion my guild didnt attempt mythic raiding, they wanted to keep more casual and since I didnt have the time myself, also settled with HC content

Previous Guilds:

So, my WoW journey started in MoP (sadly I'm not one of those that can say "Oh I miss the good old days of Vanilla and TBC", wasn't there), right around the release of ToT (think it came out a couple of weeks prior of my beginning in the game). Sarted playing because of a IRL couple of friends that went to Poland for Erasmus and this was the only thing we could do together while being far apart. Because of this, I started playing in Alliance on Quel'Thalas (pls keep reading and dont disregard my applycation becasue of my "blue brand" past, I know fully embrace the blood and honnor of the Horde :p).
So I started on my frost mage and when i got to max level, I had no clue what to do, so started to do LFR, thinking i was actually raiding (sad but true). Kept at it throughout ToT but then in SoO I wanted something more, wanted to actually raid properly. So I joined "The Shining Dawn", that was a good raiding guild, top 20 server, and been with them in SoO.
Then came WoD (lets skip Highmaul, not a very memorable raid) and in BRF the guild started to fall behind a bit and didn't want to do mythic raiding. On the other hand, I wanted to start raiding mythic so I applyed and went to Solarium, which was top 10 guild in server at the time, and got 2/10 mythic BRF with them (doesn't seem like much but was progress). After BRF, came summer vacations and Solarium fell apart, and this is where I made my switheroo to the "red team" full time. I was already with my shaman in a newly formed guild on Horde side named Bloodrage, and we strived to achieve great things. We cleared HFC heroic in timely fashion and moved on to mythic where we managed 2/13 (again not impresive but we struggled to get a reliable roster). Then came Legion, some people started leaving Bloodrage and we decided to keep it more casual and not dabble into mythic. At this point, I was doing my masters thesis and therefore didnt have a lot of time to commit and therefore I settled with HC clearing of all tiers.
Now at the beggining of BFA, some people from Bloodrage moved to Kazzak to form a new guild with the aspiration to raid properly, so i decided to go with the paladin in Kazzak as my main in BFA. At this point, unfortunently the guild never took off properly, wich leads me to search for a new home to clear the new raid, and hopefully to step up my game and actually clear challenging content. I'm tired of getting Curve and then not being able to progress because of not having a solid team to be apart of, that can actually go to next level.

Availability:

At this point in time, since I'm unemployed, I play to much, and I can attend raids everyday, not counting unforseen circumstances.
Now I am gonna be honest and say right out of the bat, when I get a job (hopefully soon) depending on my schedule, I may not be in time for every raid (in my country is 1 hour earlier then server time, same as UK), or might not even make it on a given day, so if that is the case I will warn beforehand and if that makes me unreliable to raid during the week, im more then happy to go to the weekend raiding team if there is a spot, because there should never be an issue for me raiding on Sunday.
Of course none of this is set in stone, just letting it out there because I hate when people dont warn beforehand if they can come or not to raids and let the team hanging.

Communication:

Communication wise, as you can see I can write proficiently in english (with a typo or 2, but who doesn't do those xD) and can also speak as good. I consider english to be my second language so there should be no issue there. Got TS3 and discord up and running, with headset and working mic.
I can come across as a bit shy untill I get to know poeple, so may not talk much at first, but will start to once I get more loose and connected with people.

Computer / Connection:

System wise, got a pretty realiable computer, runs wow perfect, no fps drops and such. Internet connection also reliable, no lag or high ping, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Addons/UI:

For addons I use:
ELVUI for general purpose (action bars and overall layout)
Shadow unit frames for, you guessed it, character frames and party frames
Big wigs and little wigs for boss mods
Grid2 for raid frames
Weakauras for well, weakauras
Method Dung tools for m+ (side note, also very into m+)
Raven for buff timers
Exorsus Raiding tools mostly for raid cds timers and cr timer
Details for meters

Other addons for utility purpose such as angry assignments, astral keys, quartz3, handynotes, world quest tracker, auctionator, raiderIO

Screeenshot of UI:

https://imgur.com/a/1MZpL1q

Other Games:

I have been a videogame addict all my life. Started with old PS1 with tekken 3, had PS2, PS3 and now play more on the PC. Right now besides WoW, I play hearthstone and OW and a bit of League of Legends. But is mainly WoW for now.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge because I want to experience all content the game has to offer, and i believe that only in a top guild like Iron Edge that will be possible.
Like i stated earlier, I am tired of getting Curve and then not being able to progress into mythic due to not having a proper team for it.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer dedication, willingness to learn and improve my game and contribute to a steady mythic raiding progeression. I can also offer to help out on any guild activities, and be an active member of the community.
Along with that you get a nice friendly guy behind the screen with a good attitude :D

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

An in-game friend of mine that i raid and run keys with is a trail in Iron Edge and told me about the guild. Then i went to see your page in wowprogress and saw you were recruiting and seemed like a good idea to apply. From what I see from recruit info and your website, it seems like the perfect home for me to start on a high note in the new raid.

Last Words?

Well, I'm just a guy trying to find a home to progress in WoW at a high level and get the oportunity to be a part of a top guild. I can offer commitment, dedication, good plays, not stand in shit and give BoP for "oh shit" moments  :D

January 21, 2019, 12:59:28 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Alexabliss
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:59:28 pm »
hi Alexabliss.
Very nice application. Can see you've put a good amount of effort into it.
Please allow us a couple more days to process the application.

Thanks,
Shimmar

January 24, 2019, 04:25:21 pm
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:25:21 pm »
Hi Alexabliss
As good as your application is, I'm not sure I can find a place for you in the main raid going into this tier. You are welcome to join the guild as a social if you'd like until another opportunity arises, otherwise I wish you goodluck on your search!
Thanks again for showing an interest in Iron Edge.

regards,
Shimmar

January 24, 2019, 07:56:33 pm
Reply #3

Offline Alexabliss

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 07:56:33 pm »
Hello Shimmar,

Thank you for considering my application.
Following your feddback on not having a spot available on the main raid for me, is there any chance i can fit on the weekend raid team? I have no problem re-rolling ms for healing if needed, since the recruit for the aformentioned team says you are looking for healers. For me would not be a problem to raid only on Sunday, it might even prove to be an advantage going forward.

Again thank you for the consideration.

Regards,
Alexabliss

January 24, 2019, 10:44:19 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:44:19 pm »
Hello Vítor.

Unfortunately, the forum is not properly update and the weekend raid is only looking for ranged dps at the moment.

On a side note, what do you mean by an advantage going forward?
Ba dun tss!

January 24, 2019, 11:39:18 pm
Reply #5

Offline Alexabliss

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 11:39:18 pm »
Hello Xormn,

Oh that is to bad :(

My wording was a bit off on that sentence tbh, what i meant was regarding my availability to raid, right now i have full availability cause IRL sucks and i am currently unnenployed, but when that situation is fixed, the sooner the better, i might not have time to raid during the week or on certain days depending on schedule and if i can make it home in time or not. That is what i meant for a sort of advantage in the long run to start only raiding on weekends, so i wouldn't have to switch teams (if that would be possible at all). But all of that was based on future thought and suposition.

Does the guild do HC raids? Read on wowprogress you guys had a "Too old to raid" team that clears heroic, is it still going strong in BoDa? I wouldn´t mind joining the guild as a social as Shimmar suggested and be able to clear heroic in timely fashion, and if the oportunity arises to join the main team at any point would be great, if not, all good :)

Regards,
Alexabliss

January 25, 2019, 01:25:53 pm
Reply #6

Offline kodin

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 01:25:53 pm »
Hi Alexabliss,

The tot raid is still raiding in BoDa with goal of clearing normal and then heroic

Like shimmer said I'd be happy to offer you a social spot in the guild and do a trial with the tot raid

Let us know your decision and if you have any questions about the tot raid feel free to ask

Kodin

January 25, 2019, 02:57:20 pm
Reply #7

Offline Alexabliss

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 02:57:20 pm »
Hello Kodin,

Good to know that the ToT raid is up and running :D

The raid with them is wednesdays from 20:30 to 23:30 server time, right?

I would be happy to accept the invite to the guild and the trial with the ToT raid :D

Who shall I whisper in-game to get said invite?

Thank you very much for having me :D

Regards,
Ãlexabliss

January 25, 2019, 04:14:34 pm
Reply #8

Offline kodin

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 04:14:34 pm »
Yep thats the raid times

You can poke any officer for an invite to guild

Welcome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:23:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 0 Users