Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Dooz

February 05, 2019, 11:16:57 pm
Read 4075 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Dooz
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:16:57 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Dooz
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Dooz/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Andreas - 31 - Aarhus, Denmark
I work with communication, marketing, branding and graphic design. I studied international communication and marketing for 5 years, and have been working within the field for 2-3 years besides my studies and after I finished. Currently I am working as a consultant for different smaller companies, and I am seriously considering starting my own business.

Besides that I live with my girlfriend, workout 2-4 times a week to stay in shape, and attempt to stay informed on whatever happens around me.

Class/Spec:

I main frost and unholy, and often play blood in M+. I swap between frost and unholy depending on fights, raid tier, M+, or what I prefer at that time period. I like both speccs for different reasons, and I don't mind playing any of the DK speccs in any content. Unholy equipped is 390 and frost is 393.

I have been playing WoW since closed US and Korean Beta, and have only left the game for shorter periods of time during some of the lesser interesting expansions. I mained hunter and priest in Vanilla, and swapped to rogue in TBC. I raided hardcore in Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. For Cata I swapped to DK main, and have been that ever since, besides a small swap to DH for the first few months of Legion, where DK then was 2nd main. I had a break from progression raiding from the end of WotLK to the start of Legion, and actually didn't start "real" raiding until ToS. This will be eloborated upon in the raiding section of the application.

Frost I go for mastery, mastery, mastery, and a bit of crit/vers. Mastery still sims the highest for me, and obviously will as long as BoS is the go to. For unholy I am a bit too heavy on the mastery, and would prefer much more haste and a bit of crit.

Generally I use a healthy portion of common sense assisted by a good deal of simulations to decide what gear to use. Also, I will give written guidelines and video (mainly from Hyperion) a glance every once in a while to keep updated on potential updates or trends flying under my own radar.

Alts:

2 - rogue and hunter. I play all 3 speccs on both, but prefer assa/outlaw, and bm/mm. I aim to at least do 1 +10 each week on each of the characters mentioned above.

The rogue is 384 in assa and 385 outlaw.
The hunter is 384 as mm and 386 as bm.

Generally, I am a bit of an altoholic, but i have been trying to keep it more focused and streamlined so far in BFA. Meaning, I currently only got 5 max lvls, while I had all classes in max lvl in Legion. I wanted all those juicy mage tower transmogs!

Professions:

Engi/alch on DK
Herb/alch on Rogue

Raiding Experience:

As previously mentioned, I used to hardcore raid in Vanilla, TBC, and LK. On Ravencrest EU, Horde. I killed Rag before sons, Rag and Ony with only 28 people, kited all the drakes on Razorgore as solo hunter, etc. Not what you wanted to hear?... :P

I raided a little bit here and there during Cata, Panda, Warlords and started raiding "real" again during Legion. I really got back into it during ToS and by Antorus I was raidleading in my then Alliance guild on Ravencrest. Both my guild in Legion and now are rather challenged by a lack of ambition, motivation and decently skilled players, and I have come to a point where I can't be bothered to be at a standstill anymore. I want more mythic progression, and I want a fun, challenging raid time, where I feel like I actually progressed and achieved something with my time when raid time is over.

Also, I know where to find my defensives, I know what they are called, I have bound them, and I am not afraid to use them.

Previous Guilds:

In the old days I was in Invicem Sensus and Public Enemies (horde, Ravencrest), while I more recently was in Raptus Tempus (alliance, Ravencrest). I had been playing thin, generic races for too long, and longed for getting back to play horde, so I rerolled and have been raiding in a guild called Mania. It has a small core group of rather decent players, and a larger group of people who haven't installed the latest driver version for their eyes and brain, making it somewhat frustrating to "progress" on new content.

Availability:

I am generally available from around 16.30-00.00 most evenings depending on the day and irl plans, workout, food, etc. Most days I will play 1-2 hours from 16.30 and onwards, then have a dinner/worout break and be ready again from around 20.00. I plan around raid nights, M+ and PvP events obviously, as I truly enjoy all these aspects of the game.

Communication:

I would consider my English marginally above average, and I am not afraid to let my voice and opinion be heard. Also, since WotLK I have been missing the feeling of logging on to a voice com and just hang out. My recent experiences have showed me that unfortunately, people too often only show up for raid and then log off again, missing out on the community and guild "feeling".

As I mentioned to Rash, this is one of the main reasons why I find your guild interesting. Because, at least from an outside perspective, and through your communication on the website, it seems like you regard community and getting to know each other personally, highly.

I can install TS3 again, and my mic is always ready to receive the crisp smooth sound that is my voice...

Computer / Connection:

I have a really decent setup, only my graphic card could use a small boost. No fps issues, internet issues, high ping or lag. Generally, when I experience issues, its a serverwide problem.

Addons/UI:

Bigwigs, Weakauras, SimulationCraft, Details, Angry Assignments and KUI nameplates.
Gives me all the most relevant info and details about encounters, my own performance, setup, rotation for assignments, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/V0UFHLn

Other Games:

I play a bit of Realm Royale, LoL and OW. Not a lot though.

Why Iron Edge?

I have looked around for a new guild for a couple of weeks, and I have looked at progression, communication, ambitions and goals for all the most interesting 2-day raiding guilds on Kazzak horde. I have come to the conclusion that Iron Edge is the best fit for me. I like the guild's attitude towards raiding, community building and embracing different people and goals in WoW. I am on the lookout for a progression guild with real ambition, and consider Iron Edge to be my best option  to fulfill my own personal ambitions and goals for playing WoW. I would much prefer the main raid team, but depending on the progression rate of the weekend raid and the senior raid I would love to join either of those teams as well, as my perception of your community is so strong. Also, if possible I would like to participate in M+ content and rated PvP, especially RBGs.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A solid skillset on my 3 main classes, and the ability and willingness to always learn and improve. I like to interact and engage in a wellrounded and active community, bring my personality and humour into play. I read and watch tactics, and come up with solutions and ideas for solving problems.

Ambition, personal goals and a can-do attitude that hopefully creates a ripple effect.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

A thorough research on wowprogress and several days of observation and reflection.

Last Words?

I enjoy long walks on the beach, red wine and pony-back riding. Also, I may or may not have a pet pig called Flæskesvær...

February 05, 2019, 11:19:08 pm
Reply #1

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Dooz
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:19:08 pm »
Im confused. The senior raid must surely be our wednesday group "too old to raid".

Bears like alts!

February 06, 2019, 12:14:41 am
Reply #2

Offline Naasty

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 12:14:41 am »
Im confused. The senior raid must surely be our wednesday group "too old to raid".

Yeah no need to make us sound older than we are :P

February 06, 2019, 12:18:21 am
Reply #3

Offline Dooz

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 12:18:21 am »
It was an attempt to be funny, as I am not the youngest of the pack in wow terms anymore, either :P

February 06, 2019, 12:25:27 am
Reply #4

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 12:25:27 am »
It's below average in the tot raid I think ;-) 

<- 36

Bears like alts!

February 06, 2019, 12:31:02 am
Reply #5

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 12:31:02 am »
Nice application Andreas! Good luck with it from a fellow Dane! (Aalborg)

- Prat

February 06, 2019, 02:53:12 pm
Reply #6

Offline Dooz

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 02:53:12 pm »
Thx man! Good to hear that there are other danes, and even jyder at that! ;)

February 06, 2019, 05:07:29 pm
Reply #7

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 05:07:29 pm »
More Danes, ugh!

Decent application, best of luck. 

Can you answer a few questions please.

Can you provide logs of recent performances.

A screenshot of your UI while in raid combat. 

Provide more depth on your knowledge of the class, tge priorities, the interactions of azerite traits with your abilities, your reasons for choosing the azerite traits you have, thoughts on the strength of Frost vs Unholy in the context of the current mythic tier, a clearer picture of your mythic raiding experience.

Details of your system other than 'its decent' would be helpful.

Actually, now that I read your application multiple times it would appear youve put in Dane levels of effort!  Theres loads of holes, questions and places that could be improved.

Ironic that you work in marketing, communication and branding!

All the best,

Tutan

February 06, 2019, 07:39:23 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 07:39:23 pm »
More Danes, ugh!

Decent application, best of luck. 

Can you answer a few questions please.

Can you provide logs of recent performances.

A screenshot of your UI while in raid combat. 

Provide more depth on your knowledge of the class, tge priorities, the interactions of azerite traits with your abilities, your reasons for choosing the azerite traits you have, thoughts on the strength of Frost vs Unholy in the context of the current mythic tier, a clearer picture of your mythic raiding experience.

Details of your system other than 'its decent' would be helpful.

Actually, now that I read your application multiple times it would appear youve put in Dane levels of effort!  Theres loads of holes, questions and places that could be improved.

Ironic that you work in marketing, communication and branding!

All the best,

Tutan

Okay, what the fuck is this?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 06, 2019, 10:51:22 pm
Reply #9

Offline Waldoh xd

• Guild Member

February 06, 2019, 11:17:47 pm
Reply #10

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 11:17:47 pm »
So it looks like I've angered the Danes.

Firstly Dooz I want to apologise if I've offended you, this wasn't my intention at all.  I've tried to be funny and it's missed the mark.  Please let me clarify the situation.

Your application provided a lot of information and clearly took effort. 

From reading it the stripped down message to the questions of providing information about your class/spec, raiding experience and computer system is:  Frost DK uses mastery, UH uses haste/Crit.  I raided hardcore in Vanilla.  My computer is decent. 

The rest of the info you've provided is great for getting a feel of who you are but it doesn't answer these questions.  Hence the reason for me asking.

A screenshot of your UI in raid combat can provide lots of info about what you are doing, tracking, addons you are using and how everything is for you in a raid environment.  I've copped some stick for asking you to provide this.

Where I have been wrong and I apologise for this is saying there is an irony with you working in communications and marketing.  I shouldn't have said anything like tha tand it was wrong of me, sorry.  My train of thought with that was that an application is an opportunity for you to showcase what you know, displaying a depth of knowledge about your class, spec, choices, feelings on how your chosen main is; communicating and selling the idea you know what you are doing with the class.  I thought it ironic that you had this opportunity yet the message I took from your application was Frost uses mastery.  That was my thinking.  I didn't manage to convey what my thoughts were and it's made me (and therefor the guild) come over as aggressive and an ass. 

I'm excited to see a new DK apply, I love DK and I always want to get better and improve, if you know things I don't I want to learn from you.  I also enjoy taking and thinking about the ins and outs of the class. 

What I wasn't trying to do is offend you or anyone else in the guild although it appears I've managed to do just that.  Please accept my apology for the miscommunication and coming across as a dick.

With that being said, I'm still interested to hear what you know beyond the use of mastery, what your raid experience is and how your computer will hold up to the current game.

Prat, Psyanite and the other Danes, sorry if I offended, truly not my intention.

Skal,

Tutan

February 07, 2019, 12:23:33 am
Reply #11

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 12:23:33 am »
FFS Tutan..

Dooz,

Nice application, plenty of detail, good luck on the apply.

How do you feel about fellow danes, do you dislike them or think they are the best kind of person?

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

February 07, 2019, 01:12:02 am
Reply #12

Offline Dooz

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 01:12:02 am »
Hi, man, none taken. I appreciate the feedback and will attempt to give an answer.

I started raiding mythic in Legion, got some acceptable progression considering the capability of most players in my guild back then; we got to Imonar.. In BFA it has been a bit more challenging with my current guild being hard-stuck on Zek'voz, where we realistically should have killed him easily.

While I lack higher ilvl gear for unholy I prefer that specc atm in BoD.

For unholy I run 3x festermight and ideally I would like some treacherous. For frost I currently run 3x icy citadel, 1 treacherous and at least 1 frozen tempest, if there is cleave or adds. Usually my opener will be something like prepot at 1, then 3x obl, emp rw, pof, bos, remorseless and then normal roation, preferably cold heart and sindra at the end of pof, or when the best possible proccs line up.

Intel® Core™i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80hz
Corsair 16GB DDR4-2666 Vengeance RAM
Asus GeForce® RTX 2060 6GB Dual graphic card

@Vejeta thank you! I mostly like other danes, except if they are complete assholes, with that being said that is generally my attitude and approach towards most people.

February 07, 2019, 02:13:58 pm
Reply #13

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 02:13:58 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite! Please check out this thread about how to raid with the main team.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 07, 2019, 04:15:22 pm
Reply #14

Offline Dooz

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 04:15:22 pm »
GREAT! See you ingame ;)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:43:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 1 User
Varum