Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Monk (Healer) - Mnky (XR)

February 19, 2019, 01:05:58 pm
Read 3118 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Monk (Healer) - Mnky (XR)
« on: February 19, 2019, 01:05:58 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Mnky
Server: Draenor
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Draenor/Mnky/advanced
Class/Spec: Monk (Healer)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Good afternoon,

My name is Maikel Schippers and I am a father of 3 lovely kids. I am 32 years young and I work as a fulltime IT Coördinator in a group of 22 IT Engineers. Besides work I love to work out in the gym several nights a week and have a blast of a time with my family.

Class/Spec:

I'm mainly a healer who tanked before aswell. Since I currently play a Monk I'm a mistweaver. I absolutly do not like playing DPS since it bores the hell out of me.

Mistweaver currently equiped is something like 397~.

Whatever character I main i learn inside out... I like to be the best in my kind, know what I am doing..

As a mistweaver during raids my stats are: INT > CRIT > VERS > MAST > HASTE. During M+ dungeons I go for: INT > HASTE > VERS > MAST > CRIT. Weaving isn't really viable right now so there is only one real spec to go for with a chance of 1/2 talents in between. Depends on weither your babysitting the tank or more raid healing.
Essence Font, Vivify and Renewing Mist are my go to abilities. Using Soothing mist trying to keep its passive up 100% on tank taking dmg. I do not tend to use Envelopping mist since it costs way too much mana, however when there is an O shit moment > Soothing mist > env mist > VIVIFY gives a great portion of their health back. The Life Cocoon being used first in order to give some room for healing. Our AOE healing CD is in an ok spot right now... you just need to position proper to get most benefit of it. (range).

Alts:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Draenor/Snky/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Draenor/Abdefgeek/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Draenor/Madscientist/advanced

Professions:

Nothing worth mentioning... just using alchemy for the 2hour duration and enchanting for the gold... raids ain't cheap ya know !

On an alt I have some good recipes but I do not log on those anymore.

Raiding Experience:

I've been a player since EU release. I started raiding quickly but nothing really fancy and went for real progress during WOTLK.
Went for some realm first but only managed to get one though. After that I became father and stopped playing. I now and then logged in to check it out but never really had the time since I had other things to do.
DUring Firelands and ARgus (Bomen zijn Relaxed) I played casually and since the start of BFA I played 2-3 nights of raiding again... At first it was with my brother in Beneleague, but the guild stopped playing and I didnt have the feeling of staying a casual player... I cant stand the players who keep on making the same mistakes over and over again, not knowing what they are doing and not willing to improve. Hence my reason to apply elsewhere.

Previous Guilds:

Pwnanza - Became father, no time.
Bomen zijn relaxed - Bad officer team taking friends over good players.
Beneleague - Guild disbanded.

Availability:

Whenever I know when I raid, we work arround that during the week. It's been set in our shared calendar and we can't attend other things then raid at those two nights of raiding. 100% attendance is what I aim for... you just can't always know what things bring, but nothing planned.

Communication:

My English is fine... I can listen and talk on teamspeak without any problem.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is okish... Works wonderfull with good FPS and no drops.
I've got Fiber internet connection and it never dropped before (fingers crossed xD) Server latency ussualy is arround 20~, no disconnects.

Addons/UI:

I swap arround the GUI looks, but my core is always:
- Bigwigs
- Weakauras
- ExRT

Others are just for the asthetics of the game.

Other Games:

Don't have time to play other games tbh :) BUt I just to play CS 1.6 and my sons want me to play Fortnite with them ever once in a while.

Why Iron Edge?

Good feeling with its atmosphere (from what I can tell from vids and website).. Looks like a gr8 management with good oppertunies.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer good experience I had over the years.. eventhough I have stopped raiding for a bit on a higher level I can still maintain it all.. I even become better and better everytime. My neck is a bit lower on level since I put the guilds need in front of my own. I have rerolled twice during the start of BFA in order for our guild to keep progressing (Tank/DPS and later back to heal) since we had a rough roster which kept swapping). I hope you can look through it.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress while looking for a guild which suites my needs.

Last Words?

The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.

February 19, 2019, 03:10:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Monk (Healer) - Mnky (XR)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 03:10:25 pm »
Hi Maikel.

What is your opinion on this new DUTCH hit song?

&feature=youtu.be
Ba dun tss!

February 19, 2019, 04:03:47 pm
Reply #2

Offline Mnky

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 04:03:47 pm »
I think we got a new boyband comming with huge songs.. i understand their lyrics but by singing it like this people are never gonne take it serious though.. we have more of those in NL😅.. ben ruurd, herman, zanger rinus..
mi respect their gigantic balls, but my choice of song.

February 20, 2019, 11:18:34 pm
Reply #3

Offline Mnky

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 11:18:34 pm »
I want to withdraw my application since I am going to look for a guild on Draenor. Cant be arsed to move all chars again. Sorry!

February 21, 2019, 10:07:17 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 10:07:17 pm »
Good luck on your search!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:57:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 2 Users
Oni, Tyssar