Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Jackard

March 13, 2019, 11:23:58 pm
Read 2429 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Jackard
« on: March 13, 2019, 11:23:58 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Jackard
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Jackard/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hello
I am Alberto, an old (you can guess my age from the mail :P) italian man who lives in Denmark. I work for a robotic company as sales director, and I basically spent all my free time playing game, especially WOW.

Class/Spec:

I mostly play assassination in raid, due to the fact the spec has a really good priority target damage and really good defensive and soaking abilities.
For M+ I play outlaw thanks to its high AOE potential, especially in this season.
I tend to ignore subtlety because I consider that spec very clunky to play and not so good for now, and this is a pity because I used to love it.
Outlaw is 409 Ilvl
Assassination is at 408 Ilvl

For Assassination usually I am going for Haste, Crit, Mastery and Versatility. Anyway i tend to change it quite often. Keep simulating my character everyday to get proper stats weight.
As assassination there are couple of things you need to check:
Both rupture and Garrote up time, never over cap energy and never waste your CP, everything while trying to keep up both Env and  Elaborate Planning as much as possible.  

Alts:

I have Merobo (Paladin) which was my former main from Vanilla day 1 until WOD, with no relevant Ilvl and Meribo (Monk) with 379 Ilvl

Professions:

Jackard has been Alchemy and Herbalism since day 1 in Vanilla, as far as i know I should have almost all recipe available, but cannot be sure.

Raiding Experience:

I always raided from Vanilla until now. I have only skipped 2 tier, Dragon Soul Heroic and Uldir Mythic.

In Vanilla i was raiding as full hardcore raider, clearing everything including Nax 40 men.
In TBC cleared everything.
Wotlk cleared everything on highest difficulty.
Cataclysm cleared everything on highest difficulty but Dragon Soul because I decided to take a break.
MoP cleared everything at highest difficulty.
WOD cleared everything at highest difficulty.
Legion cleared everything at highest difficulty but KJ Mythic.
BfA basically skipped Uldir (only 3 Mythic bosses killed) and 5/9M in actual tier.  

Previous Guilds:

Sorry for the amount of text :)

Vanilla:

Brotherhood of the Wolf (4 days raiding guild): after 1 year I left it to try a more hardcore adventure
The Core Crew: (6 days raiding guild): The guild disbanded in the beginning of TBC because some members decided to go even more hardcore.

TBC:

I joined The enigma order

WOTLK:

In the end of the expansion me and Smoker decided to go more hardcore (once again for me) and joined a 5 days raiding guild.

Cata:

Dark Ritual: In the beginning of Dark sould HC progression we decided to take a break due to some excessive toxicity in the guild and join back in The Enigma Order for MOP

MOP, WOD and Legion

The Enigma Order: The guild disbanded in November 2018 because the GM decided to go hardcore and the guild became first social and 1 week later empty.

Since then Me and Smoker tried different guilds in order to find a new stable home with no luck, some disbanded, some stopped but few are worth of a mention:

Aeonic: I stepped down after 6 months simply because the guild decided to aim for top 300 world and I do not think I am able to play at that level while enjoying the game and the community.

After Aeonic we decided to migrate and race change to Kazzak horde side (yes we are alliance spies :))

Here on Kazzak we joined first Project Nemesis, which we left after few weeks due to the fact their recruiting system was based on fight composition ending with a huge raiding roster.
After leaving Project Nemesis we joined Phoenix Blue, we were happy there, sadly all 3 officers step down yesterday.

Availability:

Pretty much everyday after 16.30, sometime I have to travel due to my job, but usually it doesn't affect my game time.

Communication:

If you do not consider my thick italian accent, then I am able to communicate in english without any problem.

I have both TS3 and Discord installed.

Computer / Connection:

Both me and Smoker computer:

I7-6950X
2 x GTX 1080
32 Gb Ram
3 x 1tb SSD

500Mb optical fiber connection

Our ping on Kazzak is 17/17 ms. Since we moved here we only had 1 day with connection problems.

Addons/UI:

Raid timer: DBM/ BW (depend of which one perform better)
Nameplate: Plater, because they can be customized and very clear for me to check
Damage meter: Details same reason as Plater
Raiding addons: Exorsus Raid tool, angry assignment
For everything else: Weak Aura 2

Here is my UI : https://imgur.com/a/TckEXaT

Took it at the dummies, if you see some strange binds, it is because I am using Razer Naga mouse, so I use the side buttons.

Other Games:

I used to play all Blizzard games, but recently started to play Path Of Exile.

Why Iron Edge?

I was following Iron Edge as guild since we moved to Kazzak, you guys seems a very stable community, with my same idea of the game.
What I am looking for is a stable guild with a stable social community that I can call home, and as far as I can see Iron Edge has both on top of a stable mythic progression.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

What I can offer is a social and stable person, who likes to joke and being part of something outside the raids; and during the raid a player who is always trying to improve and to maximize his performance.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

As you might have red, sometime I said "I" and sometime I said "we", well me and Smoker are a couple and we are raiding together since Black Temple in TBC, we are a sort of package deal, but at the same time we understand that everyone need to show and demonstrate what is able to do.

If you check my logs you will see some very different results, this is because I prefer to prioritize mechanics over pure dps, if I got asked to do something in raid that brings me away from the boss (for example soaking or other rogue things) I have no problem to do that and sacrifice dps over it.

I hope to have solved as many doubts as possible, if not I will try to answer to all the questions you want to ask. If you want to contact me in game you can add me on Merobo#1617.

Thanks

Jackard

March 14, 2019, 06:47:50 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Jackard
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 06:47:50 pm »
Hi Alberto,
Thanks for applying. We'll review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
In the mean time, feel free to answer any questions our members may have for you!

- Shimmar

March 14, 2019, 07:19:25 pm
Reply #2

Offline Jackard

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:19:25 pm »
Hello Shimmar,

Thanks for answering me. Of course if anyone have any questions that I can answer I will be more than happy to do so.

March 17, 2019, 05:03:33 pm
Reply #3

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 05:03:33 pm »
Hiyo Jackard,

We would be happy to give both you and Smoker a trial, so you can just poke me or any other officer in the guild for an invite!  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

March 17, 2019, 05:23:35 pm
Reply #4

Offline Jackard

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 05:23:35 pm »
Thank you!  :D

March 17, 2019, 08:14:55 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 08:14:55 pm »
Welcome! Please check out this thread for basic information about raiding with us.

See you in the raid!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:51:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 2 Users
Chelly, Varum