Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Wakkit

March 23, 2019, 06:00:27 pm
Read 2572 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Wakkit
« on: March 23, 2019, 06:00:27 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Wakkit
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Wakkit/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Liam, 26, Newcastle (UK), financial claims case handler/returning to university in September to study computer sciences.

Class/Spec:

Main spec is ret, because I have a small brain and I like bitching that the game is too easy. I can play prot and spent the majority of my time tanking in M+ on legion especially. I've not played a healer in the entire time that I've played wow (since 2007) and would not suggest that I start now for the benefit for everyone else. Currently 406 ilvl in both. I only re-subbed again 2 weeks ago after taking a break due to work schedule changing (I work nights now so weekends is all I have left) and my old guild sucking the fun out of everything in the game, because danish people aren't fun (sorry not sorry if you're danish, it's not my fault).

I mean, ret isn't exactly the most complex thing in the world. Also simming is a thing:

Weapon DPS
Versatility
Critical Strike
Haste
Mastery
Strength

Raw prio of abilities (not taking HP into consideration)
Wake>TV>HoW>Judge>BoJ>CS.

Don't over cap HP unless wake has come off CD, then over capping by 1 is acceptable.
Get your crusade window GCD perfect and try not to fall asleep outside of wings.
don't bother trying to 2 target cleave as ret is pretty much single target or AoE, DS on 3+ targets etc.

I could go into more detail if you require me to prove I understand the subtle nuances of the spec and would be happy to if my application progressed further.

Alts:

currently none worth mentioning on this server, I do have cutting edge g'huun on both a rogue and a DH. Leveling a blood DK for more m+ funsies, so i'll have that up to par soon™.

Professions:

Alch for 2h flasks and engineering for rokkit bootz! (ret is wheelchair)

Raiding Experience:

Cleared all of TBC on a warlock on shattered halls called Saith, carried on through wrath clearing all HC content then swapped to a hunter mid way through ICC called Calibre, we got serer first proff peutricide and sydragosa HC.

Carried on with hunter through cata killing everything up to heroic Rag, then stopped playing as I moved away to university and missed MoP because of it.

I was working for the majority of WoD and was pretty unimpressed by the while expansion tbh so I didn't bother making much time for it.

Came back in legion with some friends for some casual memes but then fell back in love with the game. I spend the vast majority of it doing m+ as I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to raiding again but then when ATBT came out I decided just to stop being a bitch and do it. I had pretty good HC logs so got into a top 200 mythic guild called Placeholder Title on Ravencrest as a wildcard recruit. killed Argus mythic in under 200 pulls on my ret and carried on through to BFA getting Cutting Edge G'huun in my DH then re-rolling to my rogue. Then they killed sub and I was never a fan of DH (the guild asked me to play it as we needed a DH) so I'm now back where I belong, on my brain dead ret.

Previous Guilds:

<Momentum> shattered halls- dispanded after TBC
<Lost Society> shattered halls - dispanded after WotLK
cannot for the life of me remember my cata guild, but as I stated I stopped playing because I went to university and decided to pursue girls and stuff instead of playing video games.

didn't really bother with raiding guilds until legion again when I joined <Placeholder title>, stopped playing due to work constraints and I really did not like the classes I was being asked to play.

Availability:

I work Mon-Fri from 17:00 server time to 00:00 server time. Weekends are fine though (that's why I chose you guys to apply to). I work nights as I'm self funding university and attending during the day so other than the odd weekend I may need to take off here and there to revise for exams, but that won't be for a while.

Communication:

I sPeEk EnGrish gUd. I'm a native English speaker and have good communication skills, I'm not afraid to speak up on comms and I know what necessary information is. Stuff like "Holy shit! that TV crit was NUTTY!", not as important as something like communicating the colour of someone's robot on Mekka (I'm also not colour blind so that's nice)

Computer / Connection:

6600k i5 overclocked to 4.3gHz
16gb ram
1060 GTX graphics card
about 25 ping on kazzak, rarely falls over (its happened like twice since i've had it)

Addons/UI:

https://ibb.co/GM8MZ4Y

https://ibb.co/HzZdP52
Also Elv and Speedoflife's profile

Do you really want me to list all my keybindings? there's a lot of them... can we just work on the assumption that i'm not a total drip and I'm not keyboard turning and clicking abilities? I'd be happy to discuss this over TS or something but I've been sat there for almost and hour and i'll be honest I'm not going to copy out all my bindings.

Other Games:

there are OTHER games??

Why Iron Edge?

weekend raid times

What can I offer Iron Edge?

a cool head, a boat load of experience, dank meme's and free cocai-...*cough*  just those 3 for now.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress

Last Words?

I didn't say anything about cocaine. Err, also i'm painfully British, if there is anything that wasn't made clear please point it out and i'll explain.

March 24, 2019, 11:09:11 am
Reply #1

Offline ghost

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Wakkit
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 11:09:11 am »
Nice and detailed application. +1 from me

March 24, 2019, 06:05:48 pm
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 06:05:48 pm »
Hey there Liam.

Although we're kinda tight on melee at the moment, i'd like to offer you a trial for our team.

Poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

March 24, 2019, 07:44:58 pm
Reply #3

Offline Wakkit

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 07:44:58 pm »
Thanks! I'll be on later this evening

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:27:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 0 Users