Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Kaffekande

April 03, 2019, 10:24:15 pm
Read 3139 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Kaffekande
« on: April 03, 2019, 10:24:15 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Kaffekande
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Kaffekande/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hello there! I'm a 29 year old Dane living in Copenhagen. At the moment I'm not doing much in my personal life regarding job nor school. Meaning I have plenty of time for gaming!

Class/Spec:

I play as a Fury Warrior though I personally like Arms better, but Fury is just far superior in raids at the moment.

My ilvl as Fury is at 415.3 with a level 48 necklace. Arms would be around the same ilvl. Can't brag about my Protection gear, but atleast it's good enough for clearing decent level keys (10-15).

I'm quite confident with my class. My stat weights at the moment goes: Haste > Mastery > Crit. As for rotation in a ST opener it would go: Pre-pot -> CD's -> Charge -> Siegebreaker -> Rampage -> Bloodthirst (since I'm running Cold Steel, Hot Blood trait) -> Raging Blow. Dragons Roar would be used as a filler in ST encounter (given Enrage is up). Same goes with Whirlwind.  Furthermore I'm managing rage versus Rampage, meaning I'm not using Rampage if I'm already Enraged and below 90 rage.

All of the above is ofcourse just standard rotation and not that hard to master. The tricky part comes with cooldown management and timings in boss encounters, which (apart from M Jaina) I feel like I've got under control :)

Alts:

Got a 120 mage, but not geared for raids I'm afraid.

Professions:

Running mining / BS just for the two ilvl 415 gear pieces.

Raiding Experience:

In BfA I'm currently at 7/9 Mythic BoD with Blockade to 30%-ish. I've got Cutting Edge for Uldir before G'huun got nerfed to the ground. These raids i played/play as a DPS Warrior.

And before BfA... well. I've had quite a long break from WoW :) Stopped playing retail WoW in WotLK after clearing ICC. Before that I cleared Black Temple in TBC, and before that I cleared Blackwing Lair and AQ40 in vanilla, and had some progress into Naxx. A couple of years ago I played quite a lot on a TBC private server where i got to kill Kil'Jaeden in Sunwell Plateau.

Previous Guilds:

It's not worth mentioning the old guilds i was a part of years ago. As for BfA I've only played in one guild named "Den Slidte Hule". A somewhat hardcore danish raiding guild. A few weeks ago the officer team decided they didn't have the will nor time to continue with our progress, so now the guild is pretty much dead.

Availability:

As mentioned earlier I've got plenty of time for raiding. Meaning I'm available at pretty much all times.

Communication:

Ill listen and talk in any VoIP. I frequently use TS, Discord, Mumble and even Ventrilo.

Computer / Connection:

I have a high-end computer with stable internet connection. Never been a problem playing WoW with high FPS and no lag.

Addons/UI:

Screenshot from a random PuG: https://imgur.com/a/rBDxFv7

DBM and WA would be the most mandatory raiding addons. Everything else is just for convenience.

Other Games:

I've been playing CS since early 1.6.
Dota 2.
Recently I've started playing The Division 2.
I'm also quite good at PoE, but having a break from it this current league.
Other than that I play a few casuel/indie games with my friends e.g. Factorio and Astroneer.

Why Iron Edge?

I seek a stable and ambitious guild where members take raiding seriously but also have time for banter. After reading about IE I am convinced that you would be the perfect match for me and my own ambitions and play style.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm reliable when it comes to raiding. Meaning I'll always be there in time for raids, with everything prepared - tactics, pots, runes you name it. I always do whats best for the raid in encounters - I don't really care about logs nor DPS if what I'm doing isn't contributing to a kill. I rarely mess up regarding mechanics nor communication.

Furthermore I'm quite social and like to chat (mostly outside of raids of course). I'm online at least a few hours a day and always up for running a key or doing something with guildies.  

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

First I heard about you from a former guild mate. Then I looked you up on WoWprogress and read about you on your website. And I was impressed with what i saw :)

Last Words?

What ever the decision you may come to, I appreciate your time reading this application. Have a nice one!

/Kaffe

April 05, 2019, 03:44:42 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Kaffekande
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:44:42 pm »
Hi Kaffe
Thanks for putting in a good application to Iron Edge and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We'll take a couple more days to review your application. In the mean time please answer any questions our members may have for you.
Thanks!

- Shimmar

April 09, 2019, 11:18:56 am
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 11:18:56 am »
Hi Kaffe.
Really sorry to have kept you waiting. Unfortunately I don't think I could offer a melee spot at this time. However if it interests you, we have a Weekend raid that you might be interested in, in which case we can put you in contact with Xorm. We could also offer you a spot as a social with the intention of offering you a trial in the main raid when an opportunity arises.
If this is something you would be interested in then that's great, otherwise I wish you the best of luck on your guild search!

- Shimmar

April 09, 2019, 02:54:16 pm
Reply #3

Offline Kaffemaskine

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:54:16 pm »
Thank you for your reply and your offer. I'll catch you in-game for a quick chat if thats alright.

Thanks
/Kaffe

April 11, 2019, 07:55:52 am
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 07:55:52 am »
Hey Kaffe.

I understand you wanted to have a chat with me in game about a possible spot in my team. Since we may not be on at the same hours, i thought it'd be best to write to you here.

Unfortunately, we have no room for any more people, especially a melee class.

Good luck in your search!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:28:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 0 Users