Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - readapt

April 15, 2019, 08:59:13 pm
Read 3754 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - readapt
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:59:13 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: readapt
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/readapt/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Hanne
Study and work work, zug zug: I currently study to get a Bachelor in Social Work, with the goal of taking a MA (Ed) in Educational Psychology. As a student job, I am a Housing Adviser, where I help improve the life of socially vulnerable and their next of kin.

Class/Spec:

I play boomie and resto equally as mainspecs, with same ilvl. I have 10 pieces of 415 ilvl azerite gear that I switch between and reforge if necessary.

General information:

I always keep myself updated through several pages for both active specs. I use Wowhead and MMO-Champion for patch notes. I use one druid Discord for all specs and one Discord for boomkin specific knowledge. For class specific websites, I use Questionably Epic for resto druids and dreamgrove for boomkins. Beside that, I like to analyze through Warcraftlogs – both by watching others gameplay to check for improvements, but also to log myself to use in WoWanalyzer, to get possible suggestions/reminders. I will briefly write about stats and rotation to give the idea that I know what’s up. I can give more details over voice, if you have any specific questions for each boss, what I do etc.

Rotation:
Boomkin: My rotation is based on priorities, so I avoid capping empowerments and astral power, while at the same time keeping my dots up on all targets that live long enough. In the opener, I have a lot of astral power due to pre casting and my talent: Nature’s balance. To avoid over cap astral power, when I burst and to get maximum out of my talents extra astral power, I do as following: Prepot and cast 2x solar wrath 3 sec before pull. Then I instantly use a Starsurge and apply my 2-3 dots depending on my talents. Then I make sure to have around 40 astral power before I burst, making me have 90 astral power ready to go ham with Starsurges and a mix of solar and lunar empowerments, to avoid stacking  them and get maximum out of my Streaking Stars azerite traits. From here I always refresh my dots sub 5 sec remaining and weave to avoid capping resources and empowerments (with resources being more important aka if I get good empowerment procs I prioritize to over cap empowerments to dump AP with a Starsurge).

Resto: Is about keeping hots up on people that take sustained dmg (tanks or people with debuff) and casting prehots before huge incoming dmg, so I can empower it with Flourish. I weave through my healing CD’s so I have something for every big hit, saving tranq for when assigned.

Stats:
Boomkin: For stats I sim to get a general idea of my current stat weights. Although I sim/compare all my pieces, to get best equipped from what I have as ilvl might overrule my stat weights. For example: At the moment, mastery=haste>crit>vers>int is my best stats for pure ST at the moment. I have 5 waist with ilvl 400, with different stat combination, so I sim to figure which is best on each fight. My piece with 93 haste and 102 mastery is best for pure ST, while my piece with 110 haste and 85 mastery is better as soon just one more add appears during the fight (Even with Stellar Flare fights like Grong)
Resto: Is a tad more complicated, as I can’t just sim. As a general rule, I just equip the highest ilvl, since every stat are very close to each other and the value of a stat falls once getting too much of it. I use a WeakAura named RDSW, which generates best stats for each fight, by calculating while I raid, do m+ etc.

Alts:

I got every class at lvl 120 across several servers.
On Kazzak I have a second druid, a shaman, a paladin and a hunter at max lvl. The second druid is 395 ilvl. My shaman is my main alt with resto mainspec. Currently 400 overall ilvl and 42 azerite traits. The paladin is 390 ilvl and holy.

Professions:

Alchemy and Engineering. Alchemy because of the trinket which is pretty neat and was a fast way to get a 415 trinket. As a bonus, they added the item to increase chances of crafts, which makes flask and pots a tad cheaper, while crafting in that window.  I chose Engineering for easy, almost passive gold making, from mounts. I used to have all recipes from all professions, but lost chars due to some transfers from horde to ally and ally to horde (too expensive to transfer everything when I enjoy playing all classes).

Raiding Experience:

Last I returned to play wow, was during Cataclysm FL and I’ve played ever since, including every raid. I’ve always been an altoholic, which include having all classes at max lvl - Although I mained rogue all the way up to and including HFC in WoD. I enjoyed rogue, due to the mobility, survivability and ability to survive and be useful for specific cheesing and/or high burst windows (Spine of Deathwing tentacle hentai burst, Siegecrafter engineering dodging dude, Garrosh engineering solo burst killing, soaking solo on Xhul’horac etc). I rerolled for the first time midway EN in Legion (to druid) which I played as boomie/resto ever since.

FL 7/7 HC before DS+everyone got mount (rogue)
DS 8/8 HC on farm, everyone got mount (rogue)
MSV: 6/6 N Ahead of the curve (rogue, priest healer)
HoF: 6/6 N Ahead of the curve (rogue, priest healer)
ToeS: 3/3 N Ahead of the curve (rogue, priest healer)
ToT: 12/12 N Ahead of the Curve (rogue)
SoO 14/14 HC Cutting Edge pre introduction of mythic difficulty and 14/14 M after (rogue)
HM: 7/7 M Cutting edge (Rogue)
BrF: 10/10 M Ahead of the curve only, guild disband at 9/10 only just missed out on Cutting Edge while finding new guild (Rogue, priest healer)
HFC: 13/13 M Cutting edge (Rogue)
EN: 7/7 M Cutting Edge (Druid resto)
ToV: 3/3 M Cutting Edge/ The Chosen (druid boomie)
NH: 10/10 M Cutting Edge (Druid resto>boomie)
ToS: 9/9 M Cutting Edge (Druid resto>boomie)
ABT: 11/11 M Cutting Edge (druid boomie>resto)
Uldir: 7/7M Cutting Edge (Boomie)
BoD: 9/9 HC and 1/9 M Ahead of the curve (Boomie=resto)

Previous Guilds:

I have only ever left two guilds, one because of drama and another (my last) due to change of work. Rest have died (rip). I don’t remember the name of my guild during FL and DS, but it was an alliance guild on Silvermoon. At disband I went horde on Stormscale to focus PvP instead. I casually pug raided during MSV, HoF, ToeS and ToT, hence no Cutting Edge. Once tired of the PvP, I transferred and played with SPARKS on Kazzak from SoO up until they disbanded in BRF right before Blackhand: Cutting Edge. I went back to Silvermoon as alliance, to play with some old friends during HFC. I played in Epoch, until they merged and the drama occurred due to different mindset and goal of the leaders/two guilds. This was right before Legion expansion and I struggled to find a new guild as rogue, that I found fitting and I was demotivated due to the drama. Therefore I rerolled for the first time, to a class that can play all roles: A druid, tadaarr. That way I was prepared for easier puglife. During EN I raided with a mix of raiders alt, once per week and got my Cutting Edge that way. One guy suggested me to apply to their guild, which I did. I raided with Placeholder Title ever since, aka in ToV, NH, ToS, ABT and Uldir. After G’huun died a couple of time, I had to step down, due to my new job. I only work mon-fri, where I can get called in anytime. We raided wed and mon, which made me often have to choose between letting my guildmates or my job down, which were stressful for me.

Availability:

Both my school and work are very unreliable when it comes to schedules, which is the reason that I can’t raid in a “normal” guild. I can have weeks with almost no classes at school and vice versa. I can get called at my job any time at the day as well to a meeting with citizens and relatives. I can say as much, that I will never plan anything around Sunday raid time, which means I will have 100% attendance. I enjoy being online as well for m+ or HC/altraids, whenever I have the time.

Communication:

My english is decent, although I am a dane so I guess my accent can be excused. I don't have Teamspeak 3, but can download it, if you really still use that, when you have Discord? :) My mic and headset is working fine as well.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is only 6 month ol' and is pretty neat. My fps is always above 60 to avoid cancer. I very rarely have internet issues (once per third month if anything).

Addons/UI:

Bigwigs. Because it is pretty neat to see all those dangerous incoming abilities. Add inc soon? I AM PREPARED. Huge spikey dmg? HOT HOT HOT. Ability that requires movement? POOL POOL POOL so I can move and dps.
WA: So I can track all my own CD's, buffs/debuffs. Beside I prefer the WA to yell at me that I have to watch out for a certain ability, than a mad raidleader yelling at me after I got hit by something silly.

Other Games:

Only WoW and real life.

Why Iron Edge?

I miss raiding and your raid times are fitting. I like how stable the guild have been through so many years as well, which gives me the impression that you won’t end up disband (which I experienced quite a lot).

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I enjoy going in depth with what I do. To analyze, reflect and figure solutions to possible problems. You will get a raider that cares about preparation and improvement before and after raids ended. A raider that cares more about the teams progression than personal logs. If more ST dps or healing is needed for example, I don't mind sacrifice my overall dps or healing to make that happend.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wakkit who was supposed to raid with you (but bailed). He made me realise that there was a 1-day guild on kazzak.

Last Words?

There are no last words in WoW - I just respawn at the graveyard

April 16, 2019, 10:50:06 am
Reply #1

Offline ghost

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer) - readapt
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:06 am »
Hi Hanne,
Firstly this is a very detailed app so well done.
So for how long do you foresee work and school keeping you on a unstable schedule?
Also in terms of progression what are your expecting or hoping for on 4 hours a week?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:26:10 pm by Xormn »

April 16, 2019, 02:24:16 pm
Reply #2

Offline Readapt

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 02:24:16 pm »
I think my schedule will be unstable for at least one more year, as I plan to work where I am now, the remaining time of my bachelor. Once I finished my bachelor, I am unsure if I continue to study right away or work full time for a while first. Although it is unstable, as stated, I can and always will be able to raid in weekends, while sometimes being able to join the Wednesday raids and do m+ as well.

My expectations are nothing, beside getting more progress than what I can get while purely pugging. Of course, I would love to slay the wannabee Elsa on mythic mode, but I do not expect such thing, while raid once per week.

I am online rest of the day, so feel free to add me on btag: altoholics#2542 if you have any further questions. I joined your Discord as well, where you can catch me :)

April 16, 2019, 02:45:43 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 02:45:43 pm »
Hey there Hanne.

Pretty decent application. I do have a question for you though: seeing how we are overly packed with druids (1 resto, 4 balance), is there any chance you'd be ok with raiding on your resto shaman instead?
Ba dun tss!

April 16, 2019, 06:13:26 pm
Reply #4

Offline Readapt

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 06:13:26 pm »
Oh well damn my attachments. I see how that is quite a lot of druids (we are pretty awesome, aren’t we?).

I am however not interested in readapting again. I enjoy the aspect of having a main which I completed everything on. I lost that once from rerolling from rogue to druid, which took a long while for me to accept. Even when I swapped to rogue to progress Uldir “Zul Reborn” faster, it bothered me that I didn’t get the kill for my druid.
Thanks for reading my application though. If you ever end up lack druids, I am probably still interested, seeing the lack of weekend raiding guilds on Kazzak :)

Kind regards Hanne, Readapt

April 16, 2019, 07:20:58 pm
Reply #5

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 07:20:58 pm »
Well shoot. That's a shame.

Good luck in your search!
Ba dun tss!

April 16, 2019, 11:06:33 pm
Reply #6

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 11:06:33 pm »
You could always consider the TOT raid, but we already have too many danish women.

Bears like alts!

April 16, 2019, 11:34:35 pm
Reply #7

Offline Naasty

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 11:34:35 pm »
No we don't. Don't be mean. Besides I'm a Demi-Dane and she is practically Swedish  ;D But we also don't do mythic raiding or weekend raiding :P

April 19, 2019, 05:49:03 pm
Reply #8

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 05:49:03 pm »
Lies! We've killed 2 mythic bosses this expansion!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:10:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

75 Guests, 0 Users