Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - HifeFolf

June 18, 2019, 08:06:14 pm
Read 3024 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - HifeFolf
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:06:14 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: HifeFolf
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/HifeFolf/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (Healer)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

21, Marius Alexandru Dragolici, Romanian, Bucharest
I am a student at the Faculty of Pure and Applied Physics, kind of the lab rat, I wouldnt understand any sexual jokes.

Class/Spec:

Main Resto, Off balance. I main resto because of it's incredibly extensive and interesting kit. I find the class extremely potent at everything I need in World of Warcraft( Leveling, Farming, M+, Raids). Catweaving is one of the coolest healing playstyles you can have in a M+ and raid environment( ex. Conclave, first minute or so when i push for dps as a heal) Or in general any boss that has windows in which healing is not required and dps can be added. And also bearweaving is also fine, even tho it has been extremely nerfed since legion. The spec is extremely diverse and I love that about it.

408.68 Equiped Ilvl on resto, 404.2 on Balance.

As a reason for which I choose to balance for offspec is the fact that i used to play balance on WoD for a brief window of time and i still have some fond nostalgia over it.

Maybe due to the profession I chose in life, but in many aspects I consider myself an analytic person and therefore I love knowing the ins and outs of my class.

Resto druids are very versatile and can perform their healing tasks in multiple ways. In all healing classes, knowing the mechanics of the encounter very well gives you space to prepare for damage and therefore helps in efficiency. That being said, many classes can get away without having such a good knowledge of the fight( Disci priest and MW monk being the first examples that come to my mind) and still have a decent Healing throughoutput. Resto Druid is not one of those classes.

The very kit of the resto druid kind of fights against spot healing, or burst healing. Mastery being the first good example, this stat boosts healing the more HoT s there are on the healed target. Although this stat is especially good for dungeons, in raids, albeit slightly weaker, it still gives the most healing out of the 4 stats, by a small margin. Secondly, most of the healing spells are HoTs, and this logically requires them to be cast a little before damage hits. Thirdly, though not least, will be the final reason I give here, is that our healing cooldowns(Tree of Life and Tranquility) are considered raid stabilizers and not raid Toppers (meaning that a prepared druid can keep the raid alive if he is prepared enough , but rarely will he be the one that fills the health bars to the maximum. i could go more in-depth about this, but i don t think it is the case.

As for the priority system, largely i want to have 100% uptime of Lifebloom and Efflorescence, as many casts as possible of Cenarion Ward and Iron Bark, and be prepared enough to cast Wild Growth into rejuvenations, swiftmends and Clearcasting Regrowths when i know spikes of dmg will hit.

Alts:

A priest and a shammy, 110. I am able to play Holy/Disc and Restoration at a good level, if provided help with gearing after i finish leveling.

Professions:

Encha/LW. No cool/special recipes. Encha is for goldmaking and cheaper enchancts, and LW is for crafting gear and goldmaking when possible.

One could argue that i should go for alchemy for the Eternal Alchemist Stone. It is a good trinket, but i don t find it necessary enough for me to switch proffesions.

Raiding Experience:

5/11 ToS, 3/8 Uldir with 20% pulls on Zul and Mythrax( If required, i am 80% sure i can find the logs for the pulls). Now i am 6/9 M in BoD with no current tries on Mekkatorque. I have obviously achieved curve in all of the listed raids. I have completed all of them as a Restoration Druid.

Previous Guilds:

Imagine Burgrrflippers - A guild made up of quite some skilled ppl and a famous LoL streamer, Grippex.  this is the guild i progressed with on Uldir. I found their eggos to be a bit too much, but the reason i left is that i was communicated that they do not see a spot for a resto druid in their rooster(They did have 2 superb Priest healers, and a very good pala healer, 4 th healer being an officer, Monk, and they were all good friends). They took me for zul and mythrax on progress, sadly i did not see any kill on them.

True Dilligence - Current guild - A very friendly guild, with a nice GM, but I personally do not agree with their current mentality. My fault is that i get very tilted by people, moreover people that are not too open on dialogue. The guild insists on 5-healing bosses that are not quite supposed to be 5 healed- especially when we clearly outgear the encounter- (Rastakhan) and they let people with very subpar performance( Warlocks with 14k dps constantly at all bosses) join the raids. These guilds are the reason i often leave raids Mid-Tier - Bench me all you want, make me level up different characters, mock me and yell at me if needed and i do mistakes, but please don t invalidate my opinion based on "We are officers, we know what's best". This problem is not the one of my current guild, but of all my past guilds.

Availability:

Mostly i am always available pasy 17:00 srv hour. Exams are not a problem, i can navigate my learning hours around raids, about holidays, i am Christian, so only the main ones (Christmas, Easter) might occupy my time.

Communication:

Yes, I think i am
Yes, I do
Yes, I do

Computer / Connection:

i7 8700K, 1080 TI, 32GBR, good enthernet connection.

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/LQXS5LV?third_party=1#_=_

DBM, Skada, ERT, Parrot, Bartender, Elvui, WA

Other Games:

HEarthstone, i hit legend every season i play (i never push, too much grind)
League of Legends, the ocasional match
OSU! - lvl 92, top 50 in some maps (The easier ones obviously, i am not a mad man)
I play many puzzle games and RPG s

I currently am 1068W/543 loses on my main ACC in Warcraft 3. I still play that game, it s fun.

Why Iron Edge?

Read your Website and your WoW Progress page. What can i say, you seem like the spot for me, i do want some progress-minded people around me when raiding, ppl that can have a laugh between pulls but who are serious enough to finish content in more of a timely manner.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Acces to the dankest memes on the internet.

I was quite talkative about myself in the previous sections, I honestly don't believe i can talk anymore about myself without sucking my own dick / make stupid jokes without purpose.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoW Progress

Last Words?

My dog is ATLEAST 3-4 times cuter than phoenixflame's

June 19, 2019, 07:40:36 am
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - HifeFolf
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 07:40:36 am »
Hey hifefolf,

Very good application, plenty of detail is better than none.

Just imagine if you could suck your own dick though?, would you ever leave ypur home?

Good luck on the apply, an office will be in touch in the next day or 2.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

June 19, 2019, 11:28:51 am
Reply #2

Offline HifeFolf

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 11:28:51 am »
I wanted to say you'd have to go get food, but in these cases I guess you can be self-sustainable.

Looking forward to see your response 8)

June 20, 2019, 06:12:42 pm
Reply #3

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 06:12:42 pm »
Hi Hifefolf,

Thank you for your application, very detailed and the effort was noticed :)

I would like to offer you trial, please contact one of the officers in game for an invite

Lethys
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

June 20, 2019, 11:39:09 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 11:39:09 pm »
Hi there! Please refer to this thread for any info about what raiding with us is all about.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:08:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 0 Users