Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Timebombtrol

June 23, 2019, 07:09:56 pm
Read 3142 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Timebombtrol
« on: June 23, 2019, 07:09:56 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Timebombtrol
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Timebombtrol/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (Healer)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Tim
Occupation: I am currently a Law student working part time on weekends and some (and by some i mean 1 or 2 a year) week nights

Class/Spec:

Holy paladin, 412 item level, I am currently really enjoying the 3x glimmer or light build for holy paladin as it is alot more proactive and fast paced than other build and actually has great hps. I have play holy from the start of legion as i was looking for a change of pace and a new challenge after tanking the previous 3 expansion and i found myself finding a real affinity for the spec and the utility it can bring to a raid group

With the 3x glimmer of light build the priority is very simple, if holy shock is up press it if not then use crusader strike to force it to be up and fill with infusion of light procs should you get any. With the glimmer build its all about haste to lower holy shock cd and lower the gcd for more holy shock spam (i feel like im saying holy shock too much!) This is up to around 20% haste where i would start to prioritize mastery and crit! As mention before i love the utility that paladin has and the ability to cheese certain mechanics that other classes can't.

Alts:

I have a 406 rogue which i use mainly in M+ this is to run keys with my friends. But no relevant healing alts as i decided to focus on my paladin when it came to raiding

Professions:

I have Jewelcrafting and alchemy on my paladin as i love to be self sufficient in these aspects also the alchemy stone is always broken for healers at the start of a new tier. No really special recipes to speak of as i tend to think of profession as a necessary evil rather than something enjoyable!

Raiding Experience:

Cata: Just started the game was abit of a pleb
Mop: The only real experience to talk about cutting edge Garrosh on 10 man as a Prot pally
WoD: I Tried to play in WoD but with the shift to 20 man killing off my guild i didnt really raid much
Legion: EN 1/7 M
TOV 0/3M
NH 4/10 M
TOS 6/9M
Antorus 12/12 M with cutting edge - this was when i really made the step up in guild and raid lead the guild to its first cutting edge
BFA: Uldir 8/8 M with cutting edge same guild that i was raid leader in to get our second cutting edge
BoD 7/9 M - only reason i didnt get cutting edge was due to exams and the guilds schedule not aligning with my own very well so i took a break and am looking to come back with a vengeance

Previous Guilds:

I'll just mention the two major and most recent ones but am happy to go back further should you require
Big Steady hands: After raid leading for almost 2 years and getting the guild two cutting edge achievements there began a rift between the officers and eventually it became a toxic environment as the guild leader wanted to take a different more harsh approach to raiding rather than my style this meant that i lost my role as raid leader and raiding there became a hostile and unpleasant environment
SSC Crew : As briefly mentioned before it got to exam season (not that that's an issue generally) but the guild schedule started to clash with mine quite heavily meaning my attendance dropped and I made the decision to step back from raiding for abit.

Availability:

I am free most of the time, we take one family holiday a year this is the second week from the 9th of august onwards (its either that friday or the following one i can't remember!) But i am a free student all summer and once i start university again all of the raid times mean that i would make it home in time to attend so that wouldn't be an issue.

Communication:

Yes to all of those!

Computer / Connection:

I have no system issues or connection problems as i live in a city and not the middle of nowhere!

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/QGU5TIe
Bigwigs: Obvious reasons taht often the timers are the key to killing the boss!
Angry Assignments: either for my owwn personal notes about my infight responsibilities or for the raids benefit
Boss weakauras : so i know whats coming in and how to best deal with it
Ex raid tools: CD tracking so i can coordinate with my fellow healers

Other Games:

Pretty much anything made by paradox, mainly EU4 and Stellaris! Rainbow 6 siege, PUBG, League of Legends

Why Iron Edge?

After reading about your history I think what you've done to cultivate a community rather than just a guild is an impressive feat and want to be a part of that and help the guild do on to achieve more in the future

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A smart dedicated and hungry player. I love this game for its raids the reason why i started playing WoW was watching my uncle defeat the Lich King and thinking that was epic i want to do that. I study new raids religiously ensuring nothing surprises me and i am able to answer any question answered of me

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Browsing through WoWprogress your guild description stood out from the usually rabble of "plz be good" and "we raid 5 days a week and have no mythic prog!"

Last Words?

I look forward to hearing back from you and hopefully joining your great community.
Here is a link to my warcraft logs page too https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/timebombtrol

June 24, 2019, 09:16:24 am
Reply #1

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Timebombtrol
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:16:24 am »
Enjoyable read, good luck on the application!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

June 24, 2019, 07:15:55 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:15:55 pm »
omg Tim!

Used to raid with this guy back in early Legion. Absolute blast to be around and a great player. Wish you all the best on your application my friend!

June 25, 2019, 10:52:34 pm
Reply #3

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 10:52:34 pm »
Hi Timebombtrol,

I've had a read over your application and I like it and would like to offer you a trial. As the only other holy paladin it would be nice to see another one :)

Message an officer for an invite.

Lethys
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:24:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

49 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv