Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 The end of Legion

July 02, 2018, 01:10:48 pm
Read 56791 times

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

The end of Legion
« on: July 02, 2018, 01:10:48 pm »
The End of Legion!

When I made this overly optimistic forum post two years ago, I really hoped Blizzard learned from the mistakes they had made in recent expansions, but particularly in WoD. Well, as it turns out, they did! Legion was the most content-rich expansion since WotLK and it brought World of Warcraft back to where it was many years ago in terms of game quality. The legendary system sucked, but we knew that going into it. And let's be honest; if the legendary system was the worst thing in Legion, it sure as hell beats a 14-month content drought.

A rising tide raises all ships - and the Iron Edge spaceship was no exception to that. Legion was a great expansion for IE. Let's look back on some of our accomplishments:
  • For the entire expansion we've had three independent raiding teams running simultaneously.
  • The ToT Raid made its debut and exceeded everyone's expectations (including their own!)
  • The Weekend Porkchop Warriors broke the barrier and started clearing mythic bosses
  • The Main Raid was able to kill all but one final boss before the end of its content cycle
  • We've invited so many characters to the guild, we've had to have an old-fashioned purge. We currently have 276 unique accounts in the guild!
  • We've organised over half a dozen guild related RL events and meetups all over Europe
  • Sadly we've lost a few friends along the way as you always do. But fortunately, we've made far more new ones
  • We've seen Dane-hatred reach levels never seen before in the history of the guild
  • We've conclusively figured out the answer to the deepest question in life. It is indeed much better to eat a cake than it is to sit on it.
  • Despite my best efforts, Mythic+ has invaded every part of the WoW experience. God help us in BfA
  • And lastly, maybe the achievement I'm most proud of: We've had no major drama incidents throughout Legion. I still have no idea how we managed it. Maybe we're just getting old?

And now on to BfA. If Legion was any indication of the progress the WoW development team has made under their new leader Ion, I'm looking forward to whatever BfA will bring. I realize now that much of the hype I felt when Legion launched was because WoD was so deeply disappointing. In this case, BfA's got a tough act to follow. The officer team is busy planning some changes that we're going to make in BfA so keep an eye out for these announcements on the forum in the coming weeks.

Thank you to everyone who was here for Legion and the years before it. Without IE and the people that make up IE, many of us would have quit this game years ago. Enjoy your summer holiday and I will leave you with our kill video of Argus Mythic, by far the most difficult boss we've ever faced in WoW.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:57:34 pm by Gaeios(Graxlos) »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 02, 2018, 01:50:40 pm
Reply #1

Offline Phoenixflame

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

Re: The end of Legion
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 01:50:40 pm »
Well you say it's the most difficult we've ever faced but that's just not true, I've seen guilds that kill him in like two weeks, those guilds have say 250 wipes, Mythic KJ is much harder, every single guild has 400+ wipes and Argus is just all simple mechanics but KJ is actually difficult

July 02, 2018, 03:38:59 pm
Reply #2

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 03:38:59 pm »
Thanks for a great expansion! Looking forward to BFA with IE!

July 02, 2018, 06:14:40 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 06:14:40 pm »
So tutan actually rage quitting wasn't drama, well I guess he did come back than got the mount. Fuck you tutu
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

July 08, 2018, 05:54:33 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 05:54:33 pm »
Must say, Legion was a pleasant return to WoW and Iron Edge.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

July 08, 2018, 09:08:20 pm
Reply #5

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 09:08:20 pm »
Wad a good expansion and a good expansion for IE. Lets make the best of BFA even though it looks cloudy ahead.

Bears like alts!

July 09, 2018, 12:49:24 am
Reply #6

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 12:49:24 am »
id like to thank everyone for making this expansion one of my best experiences. looking forward to bfa.
now i need to board my flight to toronto after spending 6 days in dubai. fuk this 50degrees weather.

July 09, 2018, 11:49:26 am
Reply #7

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 11:49:26 am »
Yeah Legion was solid, and our ToT raid was a pleasure !

Already looking forward to my week off for BfA 😎
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

July 09, 2018, 10:24:37 pm
Reply #8

Offline mortos

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 10:24:37 pm »
I joined you guys around this time at the end of the previous expansion after killing Archi with another 2 days raiding guild that decided to "go pro"

and after 2-3 expansions of moving from guild to guild for various reasons
(most of my friends and guild mates stopped playing when MoP came out)

and its the first guild I actually enjoyed the company and not only the game

And I didn't enjoy a first kill so much since the Lich King.

July 10, 2018, 08:42:04 am
Reply #9

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 08:42:04 am »
You guys are soppy, the expansion was a'ight, better than word in many aspects. I started to feel burnt out towards the end.

That's just me though as I had to play catch up upon rejoining the raid team after a 5month absence other than that glad we got the argus kill, be interesting to try kj again.
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

October 08, 2018, 11:04:42 pm
Reply #10

Offline EmpmindN

• Vendor Trash

Buy Registered Original Quality British,Portuguese,Brazilian passports
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 11:04:42 pm »
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:59:42 am by Gaeios(Graxlos) »

October 08, 2018, 11:54:52 pm
Reply #11

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 11:54:52 pm »
I NEED AN ADULT

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:13:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

40 Guests, 0 Users