Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Dobe (XR)

July 08, 2019, 09:46:13 pm
Read 3780 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Dobe (XR)
« on: July 08, 2019, 09:46:13 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Dobe
Server: Dunemaul
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Dunemaul/Dobe/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Matthew Warne
Work: Own a traffic management company in the UK with my brother, been business owners for 3 years now, going well so far!
I also have a 2.5 year old daughter who is amazing, and an amazing wife. I have been married 5 years this October! We have our own family home and life is great!
I also enjoy going to the gym 5-6 days a week and this is a really big hobby of mine, other than work, gym, family I like to enjoy playing World of Warcraft, and have done since I was 14 years old!

Class/Spec:

I have played Warrior/Mage/Druid as my main three characters during my lifetime of playing World of Warcraft, I have fallen in and out of love with the game over the past few years but have finally decided to dedicate my time on gearing my Druid and becoming the best I can with this class. I like the fact that I can also heal / tank if ever required in 5-Mans or Raids.

Alts:

I have a Warrior 120, a Mage 120.
My Warrior has some good gear for tanking which I actually do enjoy a lot, & my Mage is okay geared, just not enjoying the class as much as Druid.

Professions:

Proffesions: Alch/Herb, nothing exciting really I have learnt all the patterns and tend to make sure I have all pots/flasks/cauldrons all the time for my team players/raid members etc.
Fishing needs levelling in BFA still & Cooking is almost max level, I also like to make sure I have plenty of feasts with me for the raid!.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

My previous raiding experience is not that great as I have been in the same guild for almost 12 years and although we where considered to be one of the best guilds on Dunemaul for Alliance back in the day, the past few expansions our core raiders have left or quit the game and therefore we only raid normal/heroic. I consider myself to be a skilled player, but don't have the platform to show this at the moment.

Previous Guilds:

I am currently in Momentum Mori - Alliance Guild on Dunemaul.

Availability:

I am available 2 nights a week, which ever nights are the raid nights are fine with me, it can be any evenings. I sometimes log on other nights too or at the weekends, just depends if I am doing anything with my family.

Communication:

I am English - northern accent! I don't have teamspeak 3 but can download no problem, I also have a mic and fine to use it if needed.

Computer / Connection:

I recently had a company build me a new Corsair PC, I don't have all the spec details, but it cost me around £3000.00 excluding VAT so its a bit of a beast. Internet is also really good in my area so I never have any lag issues. (Touch wood)!

Addons/UI:

Addons:
Elvui
Bagnon
Deadly Boss Mods
Dominos
Quartz
GTFO
Weak Auras
Flyplates
I believe I have all the addons I need to be a good raider, but if more are required I have no problem downloading them & learning etc.

Other Games:

I don't play anything else, WoW has been my game since I was 14, I skipped school due to how addicted I was at the game, its not the same as it was back then, but I do love WoW!

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge because I am wanting to change faction to Horde and the only Horde Guild I know from back in the day was Iron Egde / Ravenous & A Few Good Men. Iron Egde I believe to be the stronger out of the three! I also don't even know if those other two guilds are still going! I know some of you guys have a close relationship with each other as you have played together since Vanilla and that is hard to come by these days. I play wow for relationships, to create friends not just in game but in real life too. I am applying to join the guild as a social as I don't feel I have the knowledge or raid exp to be able to join you guys in Mythic raiding, although I am very open to wanting to do this 100%.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer hardwork, friendship & loyalty. I have been in my Alliance Guild for almost 12 years and I hope this shows that I am not a "Guild Hopper" the reason I want to leave MM is due to lack of raiding and people not being active anymore, It is a very hard decision for me to make this change but I want to get back into the game and I feel this could be a fresh start for me, a new adventure!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I have known about you guys since the vanilla days - loved seeing you on Dunemaul although you have migrated & this is why I have applied.

Last Words?

I just want to thank you for taking the time to read my apply. I understand if I am not accepted due to lack of raiding exp but like I have said in my post, I am hard working and raid exp will come fast if given the opportunity. I get the most out of my class and work hard to understand everything & know which gear is the best for each slot. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Kind Regards
Dobs

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:43:38 am by Xormn »

July 08, 2019, 11:11:18 pm
Reply #1

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

Re: Social Application - Druid (DPS) - Dobe (XR)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 11:11:18 pm »
Hey - posting my Warrior as I am willing to also play as a prot/dps warrior if required! This was my character on Dunemaul back in the day, although same name - different account :).

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/dunemaul/Ironixx

July 09, 2019, 07:29:03 am
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 07:29:03 am »
Hey Matt.

Quite the detailed application here. We like that.

However, you mentioned quite a few times that you want to raid, yet applied as a social. What raiding team do you want to join?
Ba dun tss!

July 09, 2019, 11:42:49 am
Reply #3

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:42:49 am »
Hi Xormn, thank you for coming back to me so quickly.

I would like to join the main raid team if at all possible, during the week. I raid as a boomkin, sorry I didn't add that to my post.

Dobs,

July 09, 2019, 11:44:39 am
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Dobe (XR)
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 11:44:39 am »
Hello.

The problem was that you applied as a social instead of the main raid. I've changed your app.

Good luck!
Ba dun tss!

July 11, 2019, 01:24:37 pm
Reply #5

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 01:24:37 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to chase, just wanted to know if my application has been considered? I understand with the new raid coming up you guys will be busy!

hope to hear from you soon,

Dobs.

July 11, 2019, 05:42:20 pm
Reply #6

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 05:42:20 pm »
Hiyo Dobe,

Sorry for the delayed response. While I do believe you are a strong candidate, the ranged camp is rather full for the time being and bringing on any further trials would lead to more bench time for people than I would like. I wish you the best of luck in finding a suitable raiding guild :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

July 12, 2019, 11:38:39 am
Reply #7

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 11:38:39 am »
Thank you, wish you guys all the best! Top Guild.

Take care,

Dobs,

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

73 Guests, 1 User
Naasty