Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Sephalos

July 14, 2019, 10:14:58 pm
Read 3058 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Sephalos
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:14:58 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Sephalos
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Sephalos/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Torkel, im 24 years old and im from Bergen in Norway. I am currently on the last year of a bachelors program in computer science.

Class/Spec:

Currently I play as a shadow priest and I have not really had any experience with any of the two other specs of the class. I've always played as a ranged dps and healing haven't really been of any interest to me personally. Currently my priest is at ilvl 419 with a 56 heart of azeroth.

Shadow priests have for the most part only one way to play in a raid when it comes to talents,

Talent 1: Shadow word: Void
Talent 2: Body and Soul
Talent 3: Twist of Fate, could use the other two in some weird cases, but for raiding ToF is the go to.
Talent 4: Last Word or Psychic horror, shorter cd on interrupt or a stun, what do you need?
Talent 5: Auspicious Spirits
Talent 6:Lingering insanity
Talent 7: Legacy of the Void

This is the typical build for any raid, some altercations can be made if there is huge amounts of spread cleave or just more aoe needed.

Azerite traits for raiding/ST:
3x Spiteful Apparitions(more damage from shadowy apparitions if Vampiric Touch is on the target)
2x Chorus of Insanity(massive critbuff when you drop voidform)
1x Whispers of the Damned(if mindblast/SW:Void crits you get double insanity, works well with chorus to get quickly back into a new voidform)
Possibly you can also go for 3x Chorus and 2x Spiteful

For the general playstyle for SP
Always keep both dots up since you need SW:Pain to get apparitions and VT to get the benefit from your azerite traits, maximize your voidform uptime because of the flat % buff on your damage that it provides.
When in voidform the priority is for the most part casting voidbolt on cd every time, in between voidbolts you have time to cast 2 globals worth of spells before a new voidbolt, this time should prioritize casting SW:Void if you have a charge or just use mindflay as a filler.

Alts:

I dont have any usable alts on the server, have a rogue on draenor(horde) and a warlock on grim batol(alliance) thats both lvl 120. The rogue is the only one that ive played since the end of Uldir and is around 410 ilvl. The warlock was my main character from the Nighthold in Legion until Uldir, but it has not been touched since then(382 ilvl)

Professions:

Herbalism and alchemy, im a practical man who likes to use alot of pots/flasks(for m+ etc), so these are the two i can save the most gold on. Nothing cool about those proffesions really, although i did proc 20 flasks once.

Raiding Experience:

I've always played as an affliction warlock for raiding, and would definately say im the most comfortable with any ranged dps class.
Nighthold 9/10
Trial of Valor 3/3
Tomb of Sargeras 8/9
Antorus, The Burning Throne 11/11
Uldir 7/8, I was not there for the mythrax kill and guild disbanded after cutting edge.

Previous Guilds:

Almighty Sisters is the only guild i've raided with. I joined the guild mid Nighthold and followed the progression from spellblade aluriel up to elisande before Tomb of Sargeras was released. We cleared 8/9 in ToS and got cutting edge in Antorus and Uldir. Guild disbanded after Uldir when the GM/RL decided to quit being RL.

Availability:

I usually play for a couple of hours every day, I work every monday the late shift at my job(16-21) and every  other weekend. Im usually always available during the sundays for raids unless i have a holiday or something else, if that would be the case i will always give a heads up to the RL on discord/ingame ahead of time.

Communication:

I have lived in the United States so my english is good.
I have no issues talking on Discord/TS3.

Computer / Connection:

My PC at the time of writing is not the best, but im buying a new desktop within the next month.
I have a good internet connection, have never had any issues regarding lag/disconnects because of my internet.

Addons/UI:

For my general UI: ElvUI, bartender
Raiding and m+: BigWigs/LittleWigs, WeakAuras
misc: Details, Exorsus Raid Tools, MDT, Twintop's insanity bar(insanity/voidform tracker)

Other Games:

Right now i only play WoW, but i've played some LoL, The Witcher 3, Fallout series, Skyrim.

Why Iron Edge?

It seems like a good community from what i've heard from friends from my old guild(solace and zeppe). The one day raiding aspect is something that also makes me want to join so that i can experience some of the mythic raid content without a major time commitment to raiding(actual time raiding).

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I have done progression raiding for the last 2 years with the exception of BoD and would consider myself a fairly competent player to have on the team, I do mechanics well and can do tasks given to me during a raidboss if needed. I also try to the best of my ability to keep up with tactics for each upcoming boss during a raid.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

My former guildies, Solace and Zeppe

Last Words?

nothing i can think of :)

July 14, 2019, 10:22:28 pm
Reply #1

Offline Sephalos

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Sephalos
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 10:22:28 pm »
May have forgotten to post my screenshot should find it on this link
https://gyazo.com/1279d43e4b6644143cfabde934e22ded

July 14, 2019, 10:50:18 pm
Reply #2

Offline Solace

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 10:50:18 pm »
 Sephalos is a very good player. I've raided with him since Nighthold and I only have fond memories. I've been also doing keys with him since legion, he's a competent player and he'd be a great addition to the roster. He's a great guy altogether. I'd trust this man with my life! :D
Glad you finally decided to apply. ^-^
Still the wind blows, calm and silent, carries news from a distant shore.

July 16, 2019, 11:39:54 am
Reply #3

Offline ghost

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 11:39:54 am »
decent looking app +1

July 16, 2019, 04:03:26 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 04:03:26 pm »
Hello!

Glad you finally decided to apply! Guess you finally got tired of Solace poking you about it.
I'm happy to offer you a trial, so poke any officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

July 17, 2019, 07:54:48 am
Reply #5

Offline Parwhink

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 07:54:48 am »
Good to see a fellow Spriest joining the guild, welcome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

73 Guests, 1 User
Vejeta