Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Bôo

July 23, 2019, 07:40:55 pm
Read 4004 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Bôo
« on: July 23, 2019, 07:40:55 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Bôo
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/B%C3%B4o/advanced
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Bart Callebaut (but everyone calls me Shade)
Work: Accountant

Class/Spec:

I mainly play dps (Havoc), but can also tank if need be

Class: Demonhunter Havoc
I have a very good understanding of my class, regarding my stat distribution i base myself onto the sims  (simcraft), hence i will sim a new piece of gear to see if it's an upgrade, if it is not, i am always happy to give the item to another guildie.

Alts:

Mysticweaver - Chamber of Aspects (retribution / protection / Holy) played all 3 specs

Professions:

Alchemy / Enchanting on Bôo
Skinning / Leatherworking on Poisonweaver

Raiding Experience:

I have been raiding for a long time now (since Cataclysm), started in 10m heroic which later became 20m mythic

Previous Guilds:

Norsca - Chamber of Aspects, our guild fell apart due to people getting burned out at the game, which led to roster problems and of course the halt in mythic progression.

Availability:

Pretty much every day from 19:00 +

Communication:

I speak English, Dutch, French, German
I have teamspeak 3 and a working microphone

Computer / Connection:

I have a very stable internet connection, and i do not suffer from fps issues.

Addons/UI:

My UI is based on ELVUI (but tweaked to my liking)
Big Wigs
Details!
Simulationcraft
Weakauras 2

https://i.imgur.com/iwpuHSG.jpg

Why Iron Edge?

I've noticed that Iron Edge was looking for a demonhunter (havoc) on Kazzak, right now i am just casually raiding with the alts / friends.  But i want more progression (i am used on doing mythic, and i really do not care if we wipe on a mythic boss for progression, i will always be my cheerful self)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer you my dedication and time, and of course my cheerful character.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress

Last Words?

I am convinced that if you give me the chance, I will not disappoint you.
If however you do not accept my application, no hard feelings and i wish you guys the best for progression)

July 24, 2019, 12:51:47 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Bôo
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 12:51:47 pm »
Hi Shade,
Thanks for applying. I have a few questions for you as the information is rather lacking:
Could you give some more information on your raiding experience? You mention your mythic progression being halted while in Norsca, however your demon hunter has no Mythic kills from this expansion. Have you recently rerolled?
Finally, unless your previous experience can cover this, could you provide some information that would help determine whether or not you would be a good addition to the raid team. This could be in the form of Warcraft logs, general Raiding mindset etc.

Look forward to hearing back.

-Shimmar
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:03:57 pm by Shimmar »

July 24, 2019, 06:36:30 pm
Reply #2

Offline Bôo

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 06:36:30 pm »
Hi Shimmar,

Sorry about that, I indeed rerolled to Demonhunter.
My main @ that point was my retribution paladin Mysticweaver, and these were the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/chamber-of-aspects/mysticweaver#zone=19

Zul unfortunatly killed our raid ;(

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away.

Best regards,

July 24, 2019, 07:16:45 pm
Reply #3

Offline Bôo

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 07:16:45 pm »
Hi Shimmar,

Forgot this one, these are some logs from on my DH (nothing to fancy, learning fights first)

best regards,

July 24, 2019, 08:05:38 pm
Reply #4

Offline Bôo

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 08:05:38 pm »
Hi Shimmar,

Forgot this one, these are some logs from on my DH (nothing to fancy, learning fights first)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/b%c3%b4o
best regards,

July 25, 2019, 07:34:34 am
Reply #5

Offline saxonatic

• Guild Member

• HAKUNA MATATA

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 07:34:34 am »
How does it feel to be playing with Talents 1-3-1-1-2-2-1 and how good it is this raid Tier?

Adding to that, Can a DH soak something alone rather than Share it with a group?

How good is Thirsting Blades with the talents i mentioned back up? and not going for 2 Revolving Blades or even Eye Rage?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:43:46 am by saxonatic »

July 25, 2019, 10:18:54 am
Reply #6

Offline Bôo

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 10:18:54 am »
Good morning Shimmar,

I love the fast gameplay of the demonhunter combined with the movement it comes with (fell rush, double jump+ glide & vengefull retreat) compared to my retribution paladin a played, this is a world of difference.

Depending on what type of fight we are doing, these talents will change ofc.
1. Blind fury, is very powerful on AOE, but comes with a caveat, the longer channel time of eye beam means we have to be more careful when to use it (make sure to not overlap with boss mechanics)
If it is a single target fight the preferred setup would be felblade / Demon blades (with memory of lucid dreams as a minor essence)

3. Immolation aura, makes fury management a lot easier (3s before pull you activate it)

1. Trail of Ruin, is our go to for ST / sustained cleave, whilst Fell Barrage is good for destroying large packs / Burst Aoe, but is of course only used after you did an eye beam (radiance of Ashara boss fight (phase 2) as an example), this was also our go to talent for m+ / reaping mobs

1. soul rending, usually for world content, whilst Netherwalk for raids (soaking immunities), regarding your second question, there is also the perfectly timed blade dance to soak, giving us 100% dodge for 1s (as an example Deadeye from Overseer Korgus in Tol Dagor)

1. First Blood, is just to strong and mandatory

2. Master of Glaives, required for the ST build, normally i go for unleashed power (m+), the addition of adding a snare to it can save your team.

1. Demonic, giving us our mini meta every 30s is the go to talent, combined with 3x furious gaze, giving us a burst window every 30s

Regarding the Thirsting blades, I would rather have replaced this with a Revolving blades, but haven't been lucky yet with the azerite gear, the shoulders are the first on the list to replace.

Eyes of rages has it's merit, but unless there are a ton of mobs around the reduced cooldown on eye beam is not worth it, more useful in mythic plus than in raids.  There is however another option, although not much used: is going with demonic appetite + eyes of rages.

Unfortunately the azerite vendor does not sell the shoulders with the combo furious gaze / revolving blades
(tried to get them from the worldboss on the previous week, but no luck)

best regards,

July 25, 2019, 12:30:26 pm
Reply #7

Offline saxonatic

• Guild Member

• HAKUNA MATATA

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 12:30:26 pm »
So can You explain to me Why you aint using ST on First boss and u  went with the AOE build on all of ur 4 kills? Although all you do you stick to the boss and DPS him.  ???

Just makes no sense to me to see that, sorry if im asking alot of questions. Just needed more explaination.

Due to Essence also, you need more Fury When u already using I.A.?

Not going Iris or Flame as minor.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:23:29 pm by saxonatic »

July 25, 2019, 01:14:40 pm
Reply #8

Offline Bôo

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 01:14:40 pm »
Hi Saxonatic,

No problem, your point is valid and well taken.

You are right that I did not change my talents (optimally) for those fights, this was with a pug / friends and more intent on having fun than going for rankings.

In progress raiding, of course i would change my talents, prepot, rune up.

Regarding those essences, I was playing around with different combinations of talents.

Also keeping in mind that both builds are viable even on single target difference of 1,5% (around 400dps) between both of them

https://imgur.com/qFgkzK4

best regards,

July 26, 2019, 05:22:03 pm
Reply #9

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 05:22:03 pm »
Hi Shade,
Thanks for your responses. We only really have 1 spot for a Demon Hunter in the roster at the moment as we already have 1, so 3 in an already heavy roster would be a bit much.
I like both applications and think both could be a good addition to the guild. So I am willing to offer you both a trial but it would be for the same spot, so only one of you will remain in the team unless your performances are both too good to justify turning away.
Obviously this isn't ideal for you as there is a chance by the end of the trial you will be guildless again, but this is the opportunity I can offer.
The other Applicant will recieve the same proposal, so have a good think
Let me know if this interests you. Speak soon!

-Shimmar

July 26, 2019, 06:23:36 pm
Reply #10

Offline Bôo

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 06:23:36 pm »
Hi Shimmar,

Thank you for your response, as you said this is not ideal, but will give me an extra push to perform to the best of my abilities.  I would like to accept your offer as a trial.

Best regards,

July 29, 2019, 07:34:21 pm
Reply #11

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 07:34:21 pm »
Hi Boo,
Thanks for getting back to me. You can /w an officer for an invite to the guild. We'll start your trial on Thursday.
Welcome!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 0 Users