Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mythic+ Application - Monk (DPS/Healer) - Megafunny

August 06, 2019, 11:08:36 pm
Read 2891 times

Applicant

Mythic+ Application - Monk (DPS/Healer) - Megafunny
« on: August 06, 2019, 11:08:36 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a Mythic+ member.

Character: Megafunny
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Megafunny/advanced
Class/Spec: Monk (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Mythic+

Personal Info:

My name: Vegard
Location:  Norway, the land of the Vikings whom do yoga on snowy mountainpeaks while sipping dragonblood from the skulls of our slain enemies.

Proffesion:  I used to work as a cattle butcher before I messed up my knee real good, now going back to vocational school to finish my chef/baker studies in August 2019.

Something about myself:  I've been powerlifting since I was 14 years old which was also the year I started working out, back then it was because one of my friends kept bugging me to join, now it's the only thing keeping me sane.

I'd like to see myself as a bit of a handyman as I have interest, from sharpening knives to working on 70 year old two stroke engines.

I'm just finished reading PIKHAL & TIHKAL by Alexander Shulgin, and gonng start reading the 48 laws of power by robert greene after reset.

I started playing wow in early tbc after playing on my brothers account,  but quickly went over to Cabal online and played there for a while until returning to wow in WOLTK when I knew basic English and could enjoy it better.

Then my focused switched over to league of legends where I attained Bronze in season 1.

Class/Spec:

Currently WW monk because I enjoy it, but going to gear both mw and bw(in that order)  to be a jack of all trades.

Alts:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/hairdye

My deathknight that has caused me blood and sweat through many years.

Professions:

Enchanting, so I can always keep my gear up to date on enchants and used to make a decent amount of gold at each patch release.     I also always got a ton of mats and can quickly enchant any raid/party members gear without it affection our playtime by more then a minute.

Secondary proffesion changes a lot.   Going to level alchemy for now to keep an extra supply of potions on me.

Mythic+ Experience:

I think I had around 600-800 score in Legion m+, never really put myself into it that much, more focused on raids as I didnt enjoy the dungeons all that much.

I also got to around 800io score in bfa season 1 without doing shrine as  I feel that is the definition of a cancer dungeon.

Previous Guilds:

The ones worth mentioning is Outlaws thron which was a Norwegian guild I was in.  I got curve in it with gear equilevant of a freshly dinged 120.

Some people took my jokes too seriously(snowflakes) then acted like assholes to me, so I gave them the exact respect back. As I was the newest member I got gkicked out ( was gonna leave anyway if its worth mentioning)

Currently I'm in a friends guild as a placement until I find a proper guild as they do some m+ runs and they offered to let me join on heroic runs so I dont miss out on loot while I'm still looking for a permenant guild.

Availability:

Unless the event is made on the same day its held, I can guarantee a 98% availability.

Some real life stuff can't be ignored,  currently looking for an apartment, so I still live with my parents so I will help her carrying the grocieres etc from the car to fridge.

Communication:

I understand and speak English fluently, thought there can be a spelling mistake here and there, I'm still learning new words every day.

I have experience in most voice applications like ventrillo, mumble,ts3,skype.

I own a blue snowball mic.

System / Connection:

1060 6gb
16gb ram
i7-3770k which I have delid, stays at a cool 30c when playing wow.

I have 75/75 fiber internett with an avg of 40ping on Kazzak.

Addons/UI:

I'm using over 40 addons, so I'll spare you the details for every one.

The major addons are
Bagnon.  "Simple bag addon with an easy to make 5 bags into one."

Details. "Other then the obvious reason, I like to check what does x amount of damage after each run, so I know what does damage, like the item Divers folly usually does around 300-500k dmg total in one m+.  Also a good way for me to troubleshoot trinkets for speficic m+. "
Dominos. " I don't like bartender, easy to keybind and change action bars"

Elitismhelper. "To know when I mess up or hit an ability what I shouldnt have, and see how much avoidable damage I take for each dungeon."

GottagoFast. " I like how it looks over the standard wow ui m+"

Method Dungeon Tool. "to plan the routes better."

Mik's Scrolling Battle Text " So I can see outgoing and incoming damage/heals/blocks/parries, u get it."

Simc. "obvious one"

Titan Panel.  "I like the additional displayed info like the durability on my armor, bag slots, rep gain etc."

Tradeskillmaster " To help me make gold and keep track of my purchases"

DBM  " I prefer this over weak aura timers as this is what I've always been using"

Weakauras " To help keep track of my abilities easier and maximizing my damage output"

Other Games:

I enjoy doing sim drifting/racing on Forza Horizon 4.

Currently playing through Assasins Creed Odyssey & Origins as I got them for a sweet deal on humblebundle.

Binding of Issac insted of just afk'ing on wow,  I like to keep my mind stimulated.

Why Iron Edge?

I seek a stable, competetive enviroment where I can sit in discord and talk, make jokes and still progress ingame competetivly.

Not gonna lie,  I have not had the best luck finding stable friends in real life( most often just fakes or criminals) compared to wow where I've met many wonderful people whom I still speak to this day even though they dont play the game, and maybe I can find the same here.

Adding a personal experience since I saw the Iron Edge Vienna meetup.

I met a guy who's two years older then me in Mop, we ended up connecting well and has been friends ever since, I've met him a few times irl, but has been difficult to scheduel as he lives in the northren part of Norway, while I live on the West coast.

What I can offer Iron Edge:

I can offer a new personality,   I can also offer advices and tips in my areas of expertise which is engines,gym and nutrition.

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

I returned to wow about 14 days ago from 8.0.5, been searching through trade chat mostly for guilds until I found Iron Edge on wowprogress. After reading the wall of text, I was intruiged and here I am.

Last Words:

Not an excuse, my eternal palace logs are horrible as I had freshly dinged 120 gear, or the equilevant of that.

But I manged to get 430++,curve and do over 30 timed m+ runs within 2 weeks of playing.  Starting from 374ilvl with a 34 neck.

Imagine the progression in a month, as I'm nowhere near my peak.

School starts in the end of August and I hope by then I'll have my own apartment.  I will be highly active until then where I can spam m+,heroic raid and possibly a few mythic bosses before I have to calm it down to a few hours of gameplay a day.    

No matter what the outcome of this application is, I wish you all the best in this beautiful summer weather.

August 06, 2019, 11:13:14 pm
Reply #1

Megafunny

Re: Mythic+ Application - Monk (DPS/Healer) - Megafunny
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 11:13:14 pm »
Final touch.

Used to be in a big gaming community called "DI" where I got the name Megafunny from sitting in ts3 for years talking to people, playing all kinda of games casual and competeitve, like Ark survival evolved, Overwatch, and CIV 4-6

August 06, 2019, 11:21:34 pm
Reply #2

Megafunny

August 07, 2019, 08:25:15 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 08:25:15 pm »
Oh whoa someone's stuck in TBC with Xperl and Titanpanel :D

August 07, 2019, 09:19:29 pm
Reply #4

Megafunny

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 09:19:29 pm »
They stopped updating Xperl in Draenor, Now it's Zperl

August 07, 2019, 11:32:41 pm
Reply #5

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 11:32:41 pm »
Thanks for your application I will review and come back to you, with some questions.  Will post tomorrow - thanks Paul

August 09, 2019, 11:21:41 am
Reply #6

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:41 am »
After reviewing your application I would like to offer you a trail in IE as a mythic plus player,  the guild varies in level of keys we achieve from those who do between 10-15/ and others who like to push as far as they can, look forward to teaming up with you and see how you perform in a dungeon environment.

Like a officer for a invite as I am away this weekend, as use either \g in game to look for and create groups or we have a discord tag of @mythic+

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 11:35:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 0 Users