Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Lannik (XR)

September 06, 2019, 05:24:06 pm
Read 3558 times

Applicant

Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Lannik (XR)
« on: September 06, 2019, 05:24:06 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Lannik
Server: Stormscale
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Stormscale/Lannik/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Stefan Petrovic, 27, Belgrade (Serbia), master in law and about to start working on my bar exam to become a lawyer (which I don't like that much, but since I've put a lot of years and effort into it, I might as well go along with it...).

Class/Spec:

*EXCLAMATION*
Above 3 fields I have filled with relevant information of my retail character and this application is currently for the purposes of joining Iron Edge on Shazzrah and not Kazzak (although it would be nice if the potential acceptance would be extended to my retail character as well if I were to migrate my character from Stormscale on Kazzak). I did this because the "Armory Link", would not otherwise point at correct domain, but as for my Shazzrah character at the moment of writing this application, it's a 29lvl undead warlock with name: "Demnok".

*NOW BACK TO THE MAIN QUESTION*
Warlock/All specs (preferably affliction). Whatever is FOTM for pvp/arenas, since pvp has always been my main interest in wow (tend to play pve casually, but never competitively and to the extent my free time allows it).
Why warlock? I always knew I wanted a pure dps spell caster, since watching my friend that got me into wow who has mained a mage, I was pretty sure I am gonna main a mage. And, when I finally bought my own account back in 2006 I started mage, but as soon as I saw my friend getting beat in a duel by another pure dps spellcaster (warlock) with his blueberry pet, I immediately knew what I was going to main, so I rerolled warlock after I hit lvl 10 on mage and stuck with it as a main and I don't intend to ever reroll it even though locks are just a shells of their former selves mechanically wise.

Alts:

Not any relevant worth mentioning, just alts meant for casual playing.

Professions:

Engineering/tailoring.

The only reason is anything that could give me and (iron) edge over my opponents. As a warlock, nitro, glider, bombs (from engineering) and net (from tailoring) are to good to be ignored.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

As previously mentioned I am PvP focused guy, naturally arenas are my thing (except for BFA where I have been playing almost none, except for a 100 win mount in 3s due to how mechanically broken and awful to play warlocks feel).

Arena Master title is my biggest pvp achievement, which I had barely managed to get 3 weeks before it was moved to FoS in WoD. Finally managed to push 2200 in 3s and 2s, the only 2 achis that I needed for almost since wotlk, as I have got all the rest back in that xpac. The biggest rating that I had hit is last season of Legion in 3s where I picked to almost 2500 rating playing rshammy/ret/affli. The setups that I had been playing in 3s are predominantly those that had been considered fotm for warlock at a time, so not anything that would stand out here in this regard... As for the raiding, I have never seriously raided, but as a pvper I managed to pug heroics within the first 2 weeks (I played more than in BFA though), in BFA in the contrary I struggle with LFRs lolz /facepalm

Previous Guilds:

Jagnjeca Brigada/Srpska Mafija/Rigor Mortis/Articulo Mortis (the only decent RBG guild)/Ikari (yes, that retarded guild back on dunemaul if anyone remembers it, but hey don't judge at least it was a fun social environment) etc.

Reasons why I left them is that they have either disbanded or lacked any social interactions. In a meanwhile I have realized that guild is not necessary if you want to push arenas competitively, so I played solo for most of the time. Guilds may have be useful for RBGs, but I quickly have lost interest in those and ended up playing arenas almost exclusively and now I am only chasing social interaction and friendly activities out of guild that I am looking to join...

Availability:

Ahhh, long have past the times where I could no life the shit out of the game and play it whenever I wanted... Now my playtime is dictated by my professional and personal obligations, and gaming is something that I am doing and enjoying in my free time, so I cannot provide the exact time I am going to be available to play the game, except in circumstances when certain activities have been pre-agreed in advance.

Communication:

I am fluent in English, although it is not my native language.
Vent/TS 3/Discord/Skype etc. whatever... I do have mic and I am using it.

Computer / Connection:

Have decent PC and do not have any of the issues mentioned in the questioned.

Addons/UI:

I like to keep my UI as simplistic as possible. The majority of addons I use are mostly pvp/arena ones, like sArena, omnibar etc. nothing big here. Regarding keybinding, everything is keybinded. I would gladly provide a screenshot, but I have not found a way how to upload it here, but here's an imgur: https://imgur.com/a/WSBXtSf

Other Games:

Not many. But there are some that I play intermittently when I have time and with friends such as:
1. Warcraft3 TFT
2. Diablo 2 LoD
3. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 WoG
4. CS:GO
5. Age of Empires 2
etc.

Why Iron Edge?

This question is exactly the main reason as to why I wish to join the IE. Namely, throughout my WoW Classic journey in Shazzrah I've met one of your guild members in a guild named Iron Edge and it immediately brought me back to those times when I had started my WoW journey for the first time and when I wanted to join this most prestigious guild back on Dunemaul called: "Iron Edge". I've joined a bit late to the fray, basically I've hit 60 a week before TBC was released, but I knew that I wanted to join the guild the moment I saw Delling with Atiesh staff standing on top of the Orgrimmar's bank. Yes, I am one of those who aspired to be in your guild back in the days and could not get in because I was never a pve guy and could not contribute to a guild in any meaningful way, until the cata when I finally got a chance to play with some of your guys before you moved to Kazzak when you started getting into RBGs a bit and afterwards you moved to Kazzak, and I moved to Stormscale where I am now, as it was the realm to go to if you wanted to pvp exclusively so we parted our ways there.
I can vaguely remember a names who I played with that are from your guild, I will name some, but don't hold me to it because all of these guys have probably not been in your guild, since so much time has passed, but here are some that I think that I hope are still hanging around somewhere like: Delling (GM, I've heard he stopped playing, would like to know if he is back and what's been going on with the guy, 1st holder of the great Atiesh on the realm is no small feet, I remember the days when Iron Edge's official page was his face with T5/S2 warlock's set haha), Huhlol, Koshan, Stronglola, Doombringer, Vorte (I always looked up to this guy since he mained a warlock and was looking to learn whatever I could from him giving that his main point of interest was arenas/pvp as well, he was one of my idols back with Cyberdude who I dont think was ever in IE but was the best pvp lock on the realm), Forsakenone (think he renaimed his rogue to Nachmanun afterwards), Therash (the shadowpriest with whom I've played 3s in wotlk, with who I've played a couple of weeks till we hit 2100 then disbanded team because we couldnt hit 2200 which was our goal), Ezzardo (actually the hunter with whom I've played 2s arenas in TBC and we were the best rated bm/slsl lock on the ladder at around 2300 rating, for the weird comp we have played) etc. There are more ppl, I could remember, but those were probably not the part of IE. For those wondering my original warlock's name back on dunemaul was "Demonguard".

The aforementioned is exactly why I wish to join the guild, most of all because of the people and memories of old...

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Social interaction, help to the extent my knowledge, time or skill allows to. Mostly hoping that we are going to help each other level, make that time more entertaining and maybe progress on Classic.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Refer to the question above "Why Iron Edge".

Last Words?

Looking forward to joining your guild.

September 06, 2019, 06:53:57 pm
Reply #1

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Lannik (XR)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:53:57 pm »
Longest ever why Iron Edge! Those names brings back memories, but didn't doombringer play with me in In Flames? I did some PvP with him in tbc, think on his mage crithappens....

+one for the great dad joke [The only reason is anything that could give me and (iron) edge

-one for looking up to vorte, the pure suckiness he turned in to is like watching ozzy do dance moves

September 07, 2019, 01:29:22 am
Reply #2

Offline Stef

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 01:29:22 am »
If I recall correctly, I think that Doombringer was in IE at some point, I can't say so for In Flames, but it could be that he was there at some point before joining IE. I don't know how you named your original character back then, maybe it would ring a bell (especially if you were a pvp superstar I surely would know of you :D)?

As for the Vorte comment, I was not close to him, nor did I know him on a personal level, he was someone who objectively at the time was one of the best arena/pvp locks at a time, so I was naturally looking up to him as one of the warlock role models. I do not know what has become of him afterwards and if he did play any competitive pvp at all, so my comment on him was purely based on the time period from back when I played there :) If I were to rank best locks on dunemaul from that time (cata/pre cata) in regards to pvp/arenas, it would have to be the following order 1. Cyberdude, 2. Superchan, 3. Vorte. In that sense, as a warlock, I was particularly looking at those 3 guys :D On the top of my head if I were a warrior my pvp role model would be Cloudeh, mage: Huhlol, rogue: Koshan, druid: Smetig etc.

An interesting tidbit regarding people that you had mentioned:
Back in wotlk, one of mine not so fond memories, is facing Doombringer and Vorte (if I remember it should be him, maybe even Cyberdude, cannot remember correctly) who played 5v5 together with Doombringer as a prot warr and Vorte as destro and with ONLY 1 healer which was hpally (I think they were the highest rated 5s team at that season, my team was pretty high as well, but I think that they have discovered a new meta with that 1 healer comp that farmed us constantly)...

September 07, 2019, 04:41:03 pm
Reply #3

Online Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 04:41:03 pm »
Hi Lannik,

You can poke someone on classic for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 08, 2019, 07:50:12 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 07:50:12 pm »
Hi Demonguard! I remember your name :)

I'll see you in guildchat on Shazzrah together with quite a few of the ones you listed. Don't mind skinke, he's just jealous of people who have their name remembered 10 years later..
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

September 08, 2019, 09:11:03 pm
Reply #5

Offline Stef

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 09:11:03 pm »
Hey man, looking forward to playing/chatting with you and rest of the guys back in game :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:03:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

76 Guests, 4 Users
Spetsnaz, mortos, Lethys, Rash