Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Faneslock

September 10, 2019, 08:50:40 am
Read 3507 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Faneslock
« on: September 10, 2019, 08:50:40 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Faneslock
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Faneslock/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hi folks!
My name's Sam, I'm 29 from Scotland.
I'm an analytical chemist by trade, and part-time help to run an NFL fan site on the side covering the greatest team in professional sports.
Been playing WoW since about 3 weeks after Vanilla launched, most of that time at a server first/cutting edge level until BFA where I stepped back a bit.

Class/Spec:

I mostly play demonology at the moment. I find the playstyle of setting up procs to in turn set up obnoxiously large tyrants both rewarding and engaging, as well as it being on par with affliction in reality (if not sims) on most fights apart from Queen's Court. Where there is a significant delta between the two like the aforementioned fight, I am however happy to switch to maintain competitive numbers.
Sitting around 442 equipped for both in normal gear, 438ish in benthics. (Armory may me show me in my set for keys which is lower due to the trait specificity required for demo to push).

With stat priority being so fluid on an upgrade-by-upgrade basis now I pay more attention to top gear sims than simple stat priority sims as this gives me a more accurate prediction of dps output.
As far as knowing the class, I think a combination of my extensive raiding history, as well as using resources like lockonestopshop, class forums, youtube and other warlocks from whom I can learn and improve shows both my current level of knowledge to be good, and also my willingness to take on board and expand that knowledge.
No one person is ever going to know everything about a class, and it doesn't lead to improvement to get tilted if people point out ways you can get better. I'd rather be momentarily embarrassed about not knowing something, and be told how to fix it, than sneak hy continuing to do the wrong thing.

Alts:

Got everything except hunter and DK at 120 now. Most of them geared in the 425-435 range.
Balance druid and ele sham are mythic raid ready if theres ever fights that require switching.

Professions:

Herb/Alch

Raiding Experience:

Oh boy. This one could get long with going on 15 years of raid history so I'll just distill it down to its finer points of the last few years, and you can pick my brain on discord if you want to know more.
EP: 3/8 M
BoD: 7/9 M
Antorus: 10/11 mythic
Nighthold: Cutting Edge (played rogue at this point)

Older things that arent entirely relevant, but still cool/im proud of:
World 28th Yogg back in Ulduar
Bunch of realm first 10 man crap in MoP on Anachronos (deadrealmlol)
Still rocking my plagued protodrake from the Naxx meta
Although technically not raiding but still shows player experience - getting my arena master achievement.

Previous Guilds:

Current guild is RIP prepot. Been here about 6 months getting back into mythic raiding after only doing heroic in uldir as I was moving to a new city during that tier. Sadly vanilla has taken its toll and the guild is stopping raiding.
Prior to that was in a guild with friends called Lunars Wrath doing heroic and some light mythic.
Prior to that was Legion, where I was in Dragon Order on Sylvanas pushing cutting edge.

Availability:

Work a standard monday to friday 9-5, with flexible hours and a tonne of holidays so my raiding availability is whenever it needs to be, and I usually take a week or two off work for patches to get the initial grind out the way.

Communication:

English is my first language, albeit it with a thick scottish accent. So on the one hand you may not always understand me, on the other hand, you get rousing Braveheart speeches when we have a 2% wipe and need something to get us over the edge on the next pull.
Haven't used TS3 in a loooooong time but that's an easy fix. I'm very vocal sk communicating during raids isn't an issue.

Computer / Connection:

i9 9900k/RTX 2080/16GB ram,
Net connection is perfectly stable. Maybe average a disconnect a month while playing.

Addons/UI:

The usual stuff mostly. A highly tinkered with over the years ElvUI base with your standard weakauras, DBM etc.
It's quite minimalist in raid, most bars are hidden as only show on mousepver, with only my two main rows of abilities shown in combat to reduce clutter, alongside a class hud for CD/demon/shard tracking.
UI: https://imgur.com/a/yG11KlK

Other Games:

I dabble in a bit of diablo and cities skylines, but mostly just WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

The main thing I'm looking for is stability.
Having twice seen guilds fail to attrition of just losing people and not being able to replace, that's my biggest concern. Essentially I want to find a place I can call home.
Tied to that is I want a place with reliable mythic progress, but without the 5 nights a week raiding I went through for so many years, as being a full blown adult now that's not something to which I can commit.
Having looked at your wowprog and website, I feel Iron Edge is a place that can offer me both these things. The first thing that strikes me when visiting the sight is you obviously have a vibrant social atmosphere with long term members, and I believe that is the key to the consistency and longevity that provides for both the things I'm seeking in a guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer you a committed raider, with over a decade of high end experience, who takes his raiding but not much else seriously.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

I'll be online from 7pm tonight, my bnet is Faynes#1470 if anyone wants to have a chat about anything, and I look forward to hearing from you!
P.s I typed this entire app on my phone, I have proofread it but if I missed anything, I apologise!

September 10, 2019, 09:00:14 am
Reply #1

Offline Fanes

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Faneslock
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 09:00:14 am »
Hi folks.
Just wanted to drop by in the comments and say I'll be checking in on my lunch and this evening if you've any questions.
Glad to hop on discord or whatever this evening if there are any.
Thanks!

September 10, 2019, 09:13:12 am
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 09:13:12 am »
Hey there new Sam. I'm saying that because we already have a creepy Sam.
Pretty nice app.

Good luck!
Ba dun tss!

September 10, 2019, 09:20:07 am
Reply #3

Offline Fanes

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 09:20:07 am »
New Sam works, I go by Boy Sam at work (for hopefully obvious reasons) so I'm used to never being able to just be Sam haha.
Thanks!

September 10, 2019, 04:56:20 pm
Reply #4

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 04:56:20 pm »
Hi new Sam,

Would be nice to have another Scot on board again.

I like your application and wish you luck. 

What team is the greatest in all of professional sport?  Do you play at all? 

Cheers,

Tutan

September 10, 2019, 08:22:20 pm
Reply #5

Offline Nashor

• Guild Member

• Miauw

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 08:22:20 pm »
Looks like a good application and i think you would be a great fit for the team

September 11, 2019, 08:59:09 am
Reply #6

Offline Fanes

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 08:59:09 am »
Thanks Nashor :)

September 11, 2019, 09:15:08 am
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 09:15:08 am »
Hi new Sam!

You can poke an officer for an invite. You can start raiding with us on Thursday. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 11, 2019, 09:26:45 am
Reply #8

Offline Fanes

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 09:26:45 am »
Hi Rash, thanks!
I'll pop on for an invite once I'm home from work.
Look forward to raiding with you all.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 1 User
Narco