Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Rasgaas

October 03, 2019, 02:30:48 pm
Read 3330 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Rasgaas
« on: October 03, 2019, 02:30:48 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Rasgaas
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Rasgaas/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Maxime, I'm 22, I live in Lyon(France). Due to personal problem, I'm a bit late in my study but I will start learning software dev in the upcoming month

Class/Spec:

I only play shadow priest, I know the basics for the other spec but I do not have the gear for and SP is funnier anyway. My ilvl is 437 and 3 benthic(with gems obviously). Here's my raider.io : https://raider.io/characters/eu/kazzak/Rasgaas

As I have 3 chorus of insanity, my best stat is haste(by far) followed by crit, the others stats doesn't matters. For my rotation I use the following : dots>void bolt>shadow word: void(if 2 stack)>shadow crash>shadow word: void(if 1 stack)>mind flay.  When heavy movement are required I use my shield and shadow word: pain to not drop my voidform. I use lucid dream around 24 stacks(or 30 if BL is on). Vampiric embrace on cd(I often pick san'layn)

Alts:

I have a warlock lvl 120 but I don't play it very much so he doesn't have gear or essence.

Professions:

I have tailoring and jewelcrafting both for crafting 440 gear

Raiding Experience:

I started raiding with BoD, when the guild disbanded we were at 3/9M, I got cutting edges on CoS and TEP
I am currently 3/8M for TEP. I always play SP in raid

Previous Guilds:

I joined my first guild mid-progress, that was good for a first experience in raiding but the level was eclectic, some were very good but many kept dying in the flames even after 80+ try, the guild disbanded shortly after the beginning of TEP, after that the "good" part of the raid team created a new guild. I joined them and we sarted doing TEP progress. We could have downed Ashvane but we lost too many dps so since 3 weeks we don't have the roaster to continue progress. So the GM announced that the guild will give up on this tier.
The problem for me that if I don't do raid, I have almost no reason to continue WoW so that's why I want to find a new guild

Availability:

My schedule is quite flexible and I have a very limited social life so my attendance in raid won't be a problem

Communication:

I am french but all of my previous guild were english, I have no problem to read english and almost no problem to understand it(depend of the speed of your elocution but I've never had a problem because I did not understand a call so it's ok). I don't have TS 3 but I can dl it, I do have a microphone but I am a bit relunctant to use it(unless a call need to be done) that's because despite my sweet french accent(and sweet mean horrible in this sentence^^) I am stutterer so sometimes it's a bit difficult to me.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is good enough for wow, I don't have FPS drop, my ping is good and stable. I do not have lag and my internet connection is very stable

Addons/UI:

For raiding, I use DBM, weakaura, Exorcus raid tool, details, threat plates, basic threat bar, decursive, twintop's insanity bar

Other Games:

I'm huge fan of Path of Exile(1200hrs+), I've played many hours on warframe(2000hrs+) but I don't like the direction the game is taking

Why Iron Edge?

I found the guild in wowprogress as I was searching for a new guild and it's matching what I search in a guild :
Fun and relax outside the raid and focus in the raid

What can I offer Iron Edge?

My dedication and my willness to improve, be it Path of Exile or WoW, I love theory crafting and I am starving for improvement. I frenquently use raidbot and warcraftlog to achieve that. Whatever I do, I always try to do better

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Goodbye world

October 05, 2019, 08:38:33 pm
Reply #1

Online Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Rasgaas
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 08:38:33 pm »
Hi Rasgaas!

Thank you for your good application. One thing stood out to me though. We're a pretty chatty bunch and the social element of raiding is the most important thing for us.

You mention that you're a bit reluctant to speak, which is understandable if you're not that used to speaking English, but that might mean that we're not the best fit for you.

What do you think?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

October 05, 2019, 11:33:36 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rasgaas

• Officer

• Week-end raid Officer

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 11:33:36 pm »
Hi Rash,

I think I can make some effort, we all have weak point, for me it's communication but I can try to improve myself in this way. If you think my application is good enough to start a trial, why not testing my social too?So I can try to open up as much as I can and you will see if I fit in the guild's ambiance. Just understand that as a stutterer sometimes I will need more time

October 07, 2019, 02:11:27 pm
Reply #3

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 02:11:27 pm »
Hiyo,

I would not worry about it if you are having an issue occasionally stuttering, mostly we just judge each other for atrocious circumstances like being a Dane, so you're in the clear.

I would like to offer you a trial for the raid, so you can poke me or any other officer ingame for an invite  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

71 Guests, 4 Users
mortos, Lethys, Rash, Wali