Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Rowyna

November 17, 2019, 10:49:06 pm
Read 1819 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Rowyna
« on: November 17, 2019, 10:49:06 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Rowyna
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Rowyna/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Davor, 35, Croatia, typical 8-16 5 days a week work.

Class/Spec:

With warlock it's rather simple, demo for m+, affli for single target and destro for cleave/aoe bosses. One could say that my main spec is affli, but in EP its first 4 bosses affli, last 4 destro (in most cases). Ilvl for affli is 440 and destro 438. I prefer demo over others but it's not competitive in raid atm.

In most cases it's haste+crit/vers since trinkets and essences love them (direct damage) except in cases where i get some insane haste like explosive potential etc then haste loses value.
On most single target boss encounters with affliction it's: haunt-agony-corruption-siphon life-phantom singularity-guardian of azeroth-dark souls misery-4 to 5 unstable afflictions-summon darkglare-deathbolt-trinket (in my case pocket size comp. device). After it's keeping all dots up taking pandemic window into consideration, keeping enough soul shards for unstable affliction refresh and pooling them for new set of cooldowns after 3 mins.
With destro it's all rather situational but it's mostly about fine tuning havoc window for cleave after first 20 seconds of summon infernal landing to get most out of it. I mostly used it on mythic orgozoa and queens court and in both cases opening and rotation are different. I prefer getting on new mythic bosses early when it's 50+ wipes ahead of us so i can optimize positioning and rotation. It's about getting to know them :)

Alts:

i have many alts from 100-120 than i could activate and switch to if need be. Nothing active atm since i had some time constrains and warlock was needed.

Professions:

Tailoring and Jewelcrafting. Nothing special but i tend to farm new raid recipes asap for early power boost they provide.

Raiding Experience:

In vanilla i was in server first guild with world nr. 14 cthun kill guild. At those times we raided 6 days a week for 4 hours. That continued in TBC and later when people left i changed guilds to a Croatian guild where we raided entire wotlk as a semi casual guild. Got shadowmourne and all that bling. In Cataclysm we made an 10 man group and pushed it to world 2. It was mostly 10+ hours raiding a day almost all week and it got exhausting. Blizzard shat on us with bad optimizations and bugs and made pure 10 man raiding a lot harder than 25 man at that moment. I was a guild leader at that moment too and with all those conditions and members quitting i decided to stop playing wow. There are still videos from first 2 raids in cataclysm on youtube ( guild Suza u oku, my char was Vorda-hunter). I came back at the end of legion and started raiding in bfa again. It was a struggle to find a good group but i ended up killing 6/8 mythic eternal palace at the end.

In my raiding history i have played both melee and range dps and tanked on several classes. Healing is not for me.

Previous Guilds:

My GF (she is also applying) and i both got back to wow at the end of legion and are still here. In bfa a lot of our friends came back and we tried making a guild but ended up merging a few times and trying different groups. In our latest progression guild things got cold in the sense of being a revolving door guild where people got kicked out or replaced on weekly basis. All friendships turned to shit, there was no sense of community and loyalty meant nothing. Not to mention small groups forming inside guild trying to secure spots and push their agendas. Really crappy feeling i have to admit. I tend to stick to guilds and try my best ( with 100% attendance and as many wipes as needed) but sometimes things fall apart and there's nothing you can do but try again from scratch. I mostly miss having a stable community like before where we had guild meetups for 3 years in a row from all over europe. For me progress is really important as it drives me but it means nothing if you have no friends too enjoy it with.

Availability:

Since i'm applying for a weekend raid that would be 100% attendance excluding being sick or something really important like holiday trip etc. I can mostly play after 17:00 during work week and im out for saturday for movies/board games/bbq etc, socializing :)

Communication:

Yes to all.

Computer / Connection:

I have a stable 50mb connection and mostly play on 8-9 gfx settings but i have a separate profile for raids to ensure high frame rates and clarity so no problems there. My ping is mostly around 33 and no DCs in most cases baring weird thunderstorms or acts of god. I also play with all sounds off except DBM so i can clearly hear everything. AFter moving next year i'll be on 100+mbit optical.

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/Gm1NRLG

i like to keep a clean UI with no clutter and you can see normal and raid version. All abilities i need are under some keybind and shown to keep eye on cooldowns but there are some hidden ones like other warlock utilities (cookies, summoning and similar). So all in all every raid ability i need during a typical boss fight is under some keybind. I hate clicking on abilities during fight (big no no). I come from that time where to play a hunter you needed 20+ keybinds.

Of notable addons i use bartender, class timer, details, exorsus raid tools, kui nameplates, omnicc, quartz, raven, shadowed unit frames, simulationcraft (ofc :)), weakauras and dbm with added voice pack.

Other Games:

lol, diablo, path of exile, overwatch, divinity original sin and many other when i'm in the mood and have time. Plan to enjoy some age of empires II definitive edition and jedi fallen order soon.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm in love with what you created as in community and diverse raiding teams. It shows you go above and beyond to accommodate your guild members and create an environment for people to stay and enjoy. Since i plan to play for at least this and next expansion i'm looking for a long term home in a sense. I have very fond memories and major parts of life shaped from experiences in wow and would like be a part of yours.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm an excellent player with advanced understanding of the game and equal time investment in research and char improvement. Mostly at the top of my class dps ( was highest dps rogue on server in vanilla). I follow discord and other sources of information (still sad about elitistjerks) and do my own simulations on raidbots almost too often.
I'm in my mid 30s now and have no childish tendencies over loot/wipes/sitting out etc, so i'm comfortable with following/wiping/struggle and in general team play. Man, i just want to raid in peace...

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

girlfriend found you on wowprogress and cannot stop talking about you all.

Last Words?

If you decline my (ours in a way) application, don't tell her it's my fault. I have to live with her.

November 19, 2019, 07:26:14 am
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Rowyna
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:26:14 am »
Good morning, Davor.

I like your app. And I'm always happy to have +1 ranged.
I'd like to offer you a trial :)

Please poke an officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:37:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

72 Guests, 0 Users