Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Roverz (XR)

November 28, 2019, 11:42:32 pm
Read 2793 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Roverz (XR)
« on: November 28, 2019, 11:42:32 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Roverz
Server: Ravencrest
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ravencrest/Roverz/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hi, my name is Oliver, I live in Slovakia and I'm 20 years old. I work from home as a frontend developer, so that gives me a nice time flexibility. I've been playing wow since 2011 and my main interest was always raiding. During my breaks from the game I played other mmos, where I focused on raiding as well.

Class/Spec:

I currently play fire, as it's currently the strongest spec to raid with and it happens to be my favourite out of all three. I've been playing as fire for a while now, I like the playstyle of it. I have experience with frost and arcane as well, but it's been some time since I've played them. My current ilvl is 437 although I lack the nazjatar boots.

With the changes that BfA brought, the stats are all close to each other when it comes to priority. I use Raidbots to sim myself and optimize my gear and essences. I also check logs of other mages and see what talents they are using for certain fights. I stay up to date with my class by checking out altered time forums/discord,bloodmalet, icy veins and I make sure to read patch notes, if any changes have been made to my class. I can write out my rotation in the comments if needed, not too sure what to write here.

Alts:

I have 2 other 120s (rouge and priest) but they are not geared. I enjoy playing them though and if needed, could reroll to rouge (although it would take some time to get good enough gear).

Professions:

Herbalism/alchemy - really handy for raiding, as well as money making. In regards to recipes, I have 3star recipes for flasks and potions. Nothing special about that, but not sure what else to write :P

Raiding Experience:

The Renaissance
Dragon Soul - 8/8 N 3/8 HC
Mogushan Vaults - 6/6 normal
Throne of Thunder - 11/12 normal

Infinitum Praelium
Siege of Orgrimmar - 14/14 normal 14/14 HC
Highmaul - 7/7 HC 5/7 mythic
Blackrock Foundry - 10/10 HC 1/10 mythic
Hellfire Citadel 13/13 HC 11/13 mythic

Something Casual
Emerald Nightmare - 7/7 HC 4/7 mythic

long break from wow

Eternal Palace - 8/8 HC

I realise my current progress is non existent, but I started playing wow again only recently and I didn't have a guild to play with. I want to experience 8.3 and onwards in a solid team and return to serious raiding once more.

Previous Guilds:

From first to last:
The Renaissance - my first guild, I wanted something more serious
Infinitum Praelium - this is where I learnt what it means to be dedicated, 4 nights a week. I made a lot of friends here, unfortunately it disbanded at the end of WoD due to the leader being tired of managing stuff.
Something Casual - a guild I joined with my friend, my stay here was pretty brief, as I stopped playing midway through Emerald Nightmare, due to burnout and lack of time (I was still going to school at this point and it was difficult to manage both wow and school)

Availability:

I usually play a bit in the morning, then take a break around lunchtime and resume playing at around 4pm or so. Everything depends on how much work I have to do that day, as I mostly have to plan out my time myself. As for holidays, I will be going on a skiing trip on the 2nd of January until the 6th. Other than that, I believe I'm free.

Communication:

I think my english is pretty good, no one ever had any trouble understanding me. I do have TS3, but I assume you switched to discord now (which I also have !) and I do have a working microphone. I like talking with people, the social aspect of the game is what kept me playing the game and the lack of it caused me to take a big break from the game. I might be a little shy at first, but once I get to know people, I love talking with others :)

Computer / Connection:

I have a pretty decent computer, around 70-120 fps during raids. Connection is nice, it's not the best in the world when it comes to download speed, but it is stable and my usual ping is around 30-60.

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/osdrslv hopefully you don't mind me not having consumable buffs etc., I just hopped in to LFR to get a screenshot

ElvUI - general look of my UI
BigWigs - boss timers, warnings, etc.
WeakAuras - keeps track of certain buffs/procs, provides useful alerts for raids\m+
Details - damage meter
Exorsus Raid Tools - a lot of useful tools for raids, I have it if the guild I'm in requires it
Plater - nameplates

Other Games:

GW2, Archeage, WoW Classic, Diablo 3, singleplayer stuff like GTA, Dark Souls, Sekiro, Fallout

Why Iron Edge?

You don't seem like an average raiding guild. At first I was interested because the raid times suit me, but when I checked out your website the photos from the meetups made me more interested. I don't like when guilds only exist during the raid times and other than that, they don't even talk to each other. I want to feel like I'm a part of something, a team and you seem to offer that. You have been running strong for a long time now, which shows how well managed and tightly knit the guild is.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

High attendance. I've never been involved in a drama for as long as I've been playing wow and I don't cause many problems in real life either. I can take criticism and improve upon it (my raid leader in IP was pretty harsh so I had to learn to have a tough skin very quickly :P ). I think what is very important is that I'm loyal. I don't guild hop, I like to have a stable "home".

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Thanks for taking the time to read my application and if I don't get accepted, good luck on Azshara and future tiers :)

December 01, 2019, 04:02:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Roverz (XR)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 04:02:25 pm »
Hiyo Roverz,

While you do not have a whole lot of mythic experience more recently I still would like to offer you a trial to see how you perform in our raid team. You can poke me or any other officer ingame for an invite  :D

Also check out this thread for any information in regards to raiding with us.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:47:30 am by Mooneclipse »
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:53:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

91 Guests, 0 Users