Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Rogue (DPS) - Lotrix

December 03, 2019, 10:58:58 pm
Read 2660 times

Applicant

Social Application - Rogue (DPS) - Lotrix
« on: December 03, 2019, 10:58:58 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Lotrix
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Lotrix/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hello! My name is Veltox, atleast that's what all my friends call me, I study full-time Media Graphic Design (Meaning I learn programs like Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects etc.) I am around my 20's and in my free-time if I don't play WoW I basically start designing things because that's where I express my creativity in.

Class/Spec:

I play outlaw rogue because I think the pirate theme is awesome, and also a bit because it's strong.

I recently played a lot of ranged characters, like shadow priest and mage. And I wanted a fresh bite into WoW. So, after playing around with melee classes I felt the most comfortable with Demon Hunter and Rogue. I found DH a bit too simple to my likings so I went for Rogue! *Dramatic music*

Alts:

I've, I think. 15 Characters max level. Me and a few friends only just recently switched to Kazzak Horde though so most of them are Alliance and on Ravencrest.

However on Kazzak I've a Priest(Augstryy), Shaman(Augstri), Mage(Veltox), Demon Hunter(Arlyine) max level.

Professions:

I do not do any professions because I don't like this part of the game. I try to make my gold elsewhere. Although sometimes I secretly like farming materials for Alchemy

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I've never had any PvP Experience because I do not enjoy PvP.

However I've done a lot more raiding, I only started 'serious' raiding in 7.3, considering I played this game since end BC I've been a casual for a long time. I started with heroic raiding in 7.3 build up from there and in 8.2 I officially started mythic raiding on my fire mage, My progress is 4/8 M EP. And 100 wipes in Orgozoa, the guild got Orgozoa down just after I left to switch my priorities in WoW.

Previous Guilds:

I was in a guild from end BC till 7.3 that was owned by my dad. After that I left my dad's guild to start raiding elsewhere.

Then from there on I was guildless for a while, until I found a new guild called "Inconclusive" due to me getting different interests I found my way to a different guild.
I switched to Dark Hearts with a friend of mine to do Mythic Raiding, Which leads to the statement I wrote in the section above.

I left that guild because I figured Mythic Raiding is not something I can strive for anymore as college has got me busy for a while, and at the same time me and my friends decided to go Kazzak/Horde.

Then we joined a guild called "Guilty Casual" Our impressions were awful there, we got treated like we were nothing and the overall feeling of "You are welcome here" got destroyed. So that's when we decided we should look for a better and more loving guild. And here we are!

Availability:

I'm pretty much available at all times due to discord existing, in-game however I'll be mostly online in the evenings but pretty much everyday. In the holidays you'll probably see me online 24/7. And I do not have any exams for quite a bit so nothing to worry about for now.

Communication:

I'd like to think I am 'proficient' in English, I've a studio mic and talk a lot with people as I really enjoy playing with others within this game.

Computer / Connection:

I've a decent computer, hitting 200 FPS at all times besides in raids. My internet is as stable as you can get. At the moment I have 11 MS to Kazzak, and it's like that pretty much always. So no issues there at all.

Addons/UI:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630138198609100810/651529246333730845/unknown.png (UI)

For raiding and M+ I use:
TellMeWhen - I use this to show CDs more easily
Weakauras  -  I mostly use this for my Class Power ability's or any timers like blade flurry and roll the bones buffs on outlaw rogue.
ElvUI - I am just way more comfortable with this addon which in a weird way makes me perform better I guess :P
BigWigs(Or DBM, depending on what the guild needs) - Well to say the obvious. To know what's gonna happen in the encounter
LittleWigs - To know what's gonna happen in the dungeon/encounter
Exorsus Raid Tools - For notes, Cooldowns, Explaining Tactics. Etc.
Raider.io - I dont like this addon but it's kinda mandatory in today's "competitive" scene of WoW
Simcraft - For simming all my gear for best DPS outcome
GottaGoFast - Simplifies the M+ timer on the right side of your screen.

Other Games:

Nothing

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge because it actually sounds perfect for the situation I am in right now. As I said earlier in this application me and my friends recently just moved to Kazzak to go horde and we are kindof aiming to go to the competitive scene of WoW, but there also a few that do not want to go there. And we were trying to look for a guild that kinda does both, and this guild seemed perfect for us. You have me that wants to do high M+ keys once my rogue is ready for it (hence why I am applying as social right now, I hope I can apply for M+ later on) And some of us want to aim for CE raiding, and others for just HC clearing etc.

And at the same time, we hope to find a guild that is social and likes to play with eachother, I prefer asking if someone wants to do keys in /gchat instead of pugging 1 hour long with people I do not know at all.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Right now? Just bringing a happy vibe to the guild and try to be social as much as possible

However, I'm striving to get into really high M+ keys and hopefully be part of one of your M+ teams. I'm working hard to get my outlaw rogue up and ready for it. I aim to be a valid asset to one of your M+ teams.

And once I get there, I do not mind it at all to help people out that still need certain gear etc.

In short: I want to do M+ high keys, but for now I know it's not possible due to low item level etc.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found you guys on WoWProgress whilst I was looking for guilds

Last Words?

I really hope I can become a member of Iron Edge, because it honestly sounds near perfect to me. And I'm not trying to be extra nice for my application either.

I genuinely love what this guild offers to people and it's just perfect for the situation me and my friends find ourselves in right now!

December 03, 2019, 11:39:19 pm
Reply #1

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Rogue (DPS) - Lotrix
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 11:39:19 pm »
Hi there Veltox! Fine application :) Where are you from?

-Prat

December 04, 2019, 09:59:58 am
Reply #2

Offline Lotrix

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 09:59:58 am »
Hey there!

I'm sorry I forgot to include that in my application, but I'm from The Netherlands!

December 04, 2019, 09:22:15 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 09:22:15 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:48:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

87 Guests, 2 Users
kodin, Aleynnah