Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Jonlock

December 04, 2019, 12:34:23 pm
Read 2749 times

Applicant

Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Jonlock
« on: December 04, 2019, 12:34:23 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Jonlock
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Jonlock/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hey!

My name is Jonathan, I am 18 years old Swedish Naturscience student, who's born and currently lives with my family of my mother and three siblings in Örebro. I don't have a lot of experiences since I am still so young but I have a goal to become a doctor in the future because I love listening to and helping people and that's what rewarding to me and so I figured becoming a doctor for the rest of my life would work out somehow :^). I would consider myself a *thinker* and loves to figure out math problems or other scenarios especially those that can benefit myself. I am always trying to improve myself and I think that I have a good rule of thumb, which is that people and things are like Shrek and Shrek is like an onion and onions have layers and most of the time you're only seeing the first layer/s and you should always have a mindset that there is more to what meets the eye. I should mention that I am a socially active person!

On my free-time I like to workout, be with my friends & family and obvs I am a gamer so I play a lot of games but I will touch that subject later.

Class/Spec:

I started playing in end of WoD era and therefore I am super new to the game incomparision to a lot of other people playing but I go in hard on what I do and so I leveled most classes to 110 and out of those I enjoyed warlock the most but I didn't play as much in Legion as I do in BfA so I can only really say that I've played since BfA.

I've seen a lot of streamers such as Deepshades and Sjeletyven say that warlock has been a good class for a lot of years and I still think it's very good in BfA in terms of CE performances but that's not where I've been playing my lock.

I like warlock beacuse of the theme of being someone who makes sacrifices for the better good and just love the theme of dishing out spells that's enveloped with death hehe... I like all of the warlocks specs and I think evey single one of them is useful in their own scenario but I prefer demology beacuse I do enjoy playing M+ and they only really shine there right now.

Alts:

All my chars are on alliance because that's where I started my WoW journey and one of my goals is to have all classes on both alliance and horde, so I am not playing on transferring them but also beacuse I am a student so I am poor :( I have a 120 Shaman who's not geared then I also have a dh who's not even max level yet and I will atleast have two more characters who I will level myself and then one more which is going to come from the prepurchase of Shadowlands but these are not relevant then and so I only have my warlock.

Professions:

I did have max herbalism and mining on my druid on alliance for farming mats to be able to buy my consumables. I've never really gone in depth in professions but now I am starting to understand that they are actually really good for both gearing your character and making that g baby, so I am going to pick them up on both my main and alts.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I pugged AoTC in Antorus and did the same in Dazar'alor, then in TEP I actually wanted to try out raiding for real and I went in pretty much clueless other than what the quick tips from the fatbossguide gave me and I killed some of the bosses there both in normal and heroic and realised that raiding is the shit and I went full nerd mode into raiding to my guilds capacity and learnt so much about my spec, the bosses and all the things in between such as raidbots & gearing, cd line-up and generally what it takes to be valuable for your team and I even went as far as to push my guild to do mythic and that was a horrible decision beacuse after we killed the three first bosses then that's when I realised that you can only do mythic progression if everyone else on your team wants to dedicate themself to be on subpar level with everyone else... So after I realised that I knew that my guilds officer and players were doomed for mythic progress. But now I had gotten a taste of mythic and that was the only thing on my mind and has been ever since which is about two months lol.

I've done some casual pvp throughout BfA and I actually enjoy it so with minimal effort I got to 1700 in 60 games with my buddy of mine who did it for the essence.

Previous Guilds:

My only previous serious guild is Inconclusive on Ravencrest which came to be from the members of the guild Imperious which I spent very weeks in before the guild drama happend there and the creation of Inconclusive happend, so it's relevantly new and it's a very social as casual guild and I spent my whole WoW journey in that guild and I've gotten a lot of friends from there, which ended up in other guilds but whom I still have contact with to this day.

I left Inconclusive beacuse I wanted to pursue raiding on a higher level than just being an AoTC boi. I used to be an officer there and I really did a miracle on that guild and almost got us up to being a full core team but our raidleader left and we got a sub-optimal raidleader who really didnt know what he was doing. I also was a social officer, so my job was to recruit and help people on discord and ingame but I ended up doing a lot more in terms of raiding and leading the guild which wasn't my purpose but the officers and the GM thought I was useful so I just jumped on the train. I didn't go into CE raiding beacuse I had some real life issues such as my grandmother dying and school weighting to much on me at the time.

TD:LR, my interests in WoW outgrew the guilds interests and I left to pursue a higher level of raiding than just taking down AoTC but I didn't really prioritize WoW at the time and thus I am not in a raiding guild now.

Availability:

I go to school five times a week and on mondays I finish school at around 18:00 CET which dosen't leave me with a lot of free-time when I get home from the gym after that. I have all the holidays which a gymnasium student has and ofc my weeknds.

Communication:

I would like to think that I am really good at speaking and writing in English even though I know that I can being lazy at times when typing. I did go to the International English School of Örebo if that backs me up anything. I mainly use discord nowdays but I did use TS back in the day and still can if necessary, I have a microphone and I use it. I can also listen to critique if that's what you mean with ''can you listen?''.

Computer / Connection:

I do have a decent computer and I don't have any real fps issues other than that I can feel it dropping a bit on 40man raids on 144hz but I can easily counter that by dropping it to 60hz. I have a stable internet connection and it could be better but my router is holding me down right now. I haven't experienced any issues with the ping on Kazzak and if I would in the future then it would be an exception. I don't lag and I don't disconnect.

Addons/UI:

Addon-list:
Method Dungeon Tools, Mythicplustimer, Details! (with the subaddons), Weakauras (I use weakauras for almost anything and I love the utility it brings), NameplateAuras, LittleWigs, BigWigs Bossmods and ElvUI.

MDT & MPT; It's very easily to see what is needed to complete a key and to what level with these addons.

Details!; Is my go2 dmg meter beacause it's so complex in what it can display that I see it as a simplified version of logs but ingame.

WA; Obvs the best addon in the game for what it can accomplish and my UI is compiled of almost only weakauras.

NPA; I like to display any CC effect and important abilities like Immolate and UA ontop of the nameplate so I have full vision on everything that's important lol.

LW & BW; I use these instead of DBM because I think DBM is clunky and I don't like the really loud shouts and popups and so I use BW instead because I can focus more on the game with its minimalistic features. (You can probally change DBM to do the same but I figured a quick fix would be to just get BW)

Elvui hands down the best addon.

Screenshot:
https://gyazo.com/006efb09c4cec6005ec3349a3f53f1b9 - Out of combat

https://gyazo.com/e37209a6e1b59a0e89c150e2a17deff5 - ElvUI setup

https://gyazo.com/68ea24d4f4e143807f8c6add1f9e859f - Weakauras

If the links dosen't work then I can gladly show you them on discord.

Other Games:

I used to play League of legends nonstop until I felt that it had lost its charm but I still play it from time to time, my highest rank was D1.

I play Path of Exile, which I think is the best game ever made and I love the developers to an unhealthy extent for my wallet but really I think that they are doing a great job and they only deserve the best. I play it on new league starts and I often tend to have finished all the challenges and my goals in the first month of playing.

I also play casual games on steam such as Tabletopia.

Why Iron Edge?

I have been looking for a CE guild for two months now and I would prefer if it had a social aspect in it aswell and after looking for a while I caught my eyes on this guy and it seemed like the perfect fit! It has everything I would want from a guild and I can really see enjoy the game to its fullest in this guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I reliable, kind and funny guy to tackle what the game has to offer us. I rarely backdown on helping someone.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Friends and wowprogress.

Last Words?

These are my first and last words here and the next time we speak I hope it will be ingame! :)

December 04, 2019, 02:18:38 pm
Reply #1

Offline Jon

• Guild Member

• Jon

Re: Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - Jonlock
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:18:38 pm »
I've just read the whole thing through and I've spotted a couple of grammar mistakes and some words that's just missing, sorry!

December 04, 2019, 05:44:03 pm
Reply #2

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 05:44:03 pm »
Hi Jonathan,

Are you applying as a social or main raider?

December 04, 2019, 05:51:29 pm
Reply #3

Offline Jon

• Guild Member

• Jon

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 05:51:29 pm »
Hey. I see that I didn't specify on what I wanted to join as outside of the application type but I would like to join as a social but with interests to raid in the future as I am no way near geared enough for raiding and I am unsure on how my life will look in the near future.

December 07, 2019, 10:07:04 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 10:07:04 pm »
Hello Jon.

You can poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:24:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

82 Guests, 1 User
Paul